Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 07:04   #16
BHPian

re: Don't have a bill / invoice for my ride. Now what?

hi, when the dealer palces the order for the bikes with the company ( HMSCi), the company invoices him with 2 % CST added and ships him the bike ( usually a truck load) with full payment in adavnce. so dealer has to pay full amount in advance for all the bikes he buys. when bikes are received by dealer,he will add his margin to the landed cost and sells it to you.
now when he sells it to you, the question of giving you invoice after 15 days does not arise at all. he is bound to raise a sale bill ( this contains apprx 14% VAT depending on state), all the total vat so collected in a month must be paid to slaes tax office before 5th of next month by e payment.
what the dealer might be doing is
1. issue delivery note to RTO where in the ex showroom rate is mentioned for the sake of calculating road tax payable
2. raise a sale bill by first week of next month so that the incident of paying VAT to govt gets post poned by more than one month.
every sale must be made with a valid sale bill. go to your dealer and ask for the bill and ensure that the date of the invocie is matching your reg date. keep it safely and this is needed when you sell your bike inter state!.
nutmello is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 17:42   #17
BHPian

Re: Don't have a bill / invoice for my ride. Now what?

It was as easy as 1-2-3.
Before leaving I just called up the dealer and the conversation with the phone attendant goes like this:
Me: The purchase date of my bike is xxxx and I still haven't received the invoice.
A: Your name Sir ? And Reg. no. ?
Me: Bhargav. Reg No. MH 02 XX XXXX
A: Just a second. *After a brief pause* I have kept it ready at the reception you may collect it at your convenience.
Went there and got it in 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
it will be given to you in a jiffy.
You were right "Sir" I got it in a jiffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post
I just realized that I don't have the invoice for my 14 year old Splendor and my 6 month old Dio
Maverift, even you go and get it. It is not at all a big deal as I thought it was.

Thank You everyone for your valuable inputs. Thanks a ton.

-Bhargav
Old 18th February 2013, 17:51   #18
BHPian

How would one go about obtaining a purchase bill/invoice for a 42-year-old motorcycle from a now-defunct manufacturer? For the purpose of transfer of registration, tax payment in another state, etc?

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 23:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
How would one go about obtaining a purchase bill/invoice for a 42-year-old motorcycle from a now-defunct manufacturer? For the purpose of transfer of registration, tax payment in another state, etc?

Cheers,
Rahul
Voodochild
Hi.
You are not expected to have a copy of such an old bill.A piece of paper would not last that long under ordinary circumstances.
It would have a near zero depreciated value.
At the same time there would definitely be a rule which would take care of such cases.
Regards
PS:Instead of clicking on quote button I clicked on the thanks button.
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 05:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Maverift, even you go and get it. It is not at all a big deal as I thought it was.
It was as easy as you mentioned.
Got the bill today. Spent about 15 minutes at the dealers place as the lady who was supposed to hand over the bill was having her lunch.
Old 19th February 2013, 07:00   #21
BHPian

answer to getting old bill
allmost all RTOs across the state are now insisting on original slae bill/ bill of entry ( in case of import) to calculate road tax payable in case of reg old bike during inter state sale.it will be very difficult to obtain one as most sellers will not be having the original papers. my experience in this case is
1. go to the RTO in which the bike was registered with first. go to the record section ( or use the help of a broker) and try to get the original file of the bike. this file will contain the original papers pertaining to the bike. take a photo copy of the same and get it attested by RTO.
2. it will be nearly impossible to get the file out. you will need all the people skills to get it out.
3. rto is not accepting any other papers for calculating road tax ( IMV act is uniform across the country). even if you manage to pay some amount, such files will be again scanned by AG audit and file will be sent back for correct amount to be collected with penalty and interest.
4. govt machinery may look to run very slow but do not forget it is very well oiled and will come to haunt us some day.
this is the reason why interstate vehicle sales are not interesting.
nutmello is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 09:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
At the same time there would definitely be a rule which would take care of such cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
3. rto is not accepting any other papers for calculating road tax ( IMV act is uniform across the country). even if you manage to pay some amount, such files will be again scanned by AG audit and file will be sent back for correct amount to be collected with penalty and interest.
In my case, it is not an interstate sale but a transfer of residence from MH to KA. I intend to transport my 42-year-old motorcycle to KA, pay the roadtax there (LTT possible?) and live in peace with the original number.
For payment of this roadtax in KA, it will be completely absurd to ask me to produce a bill of sale from a town in Rajasthan where the bike was first purchased in 1971. Surely there's some other basis for their calculations as a backup?

Cheers,
Rahul

PS: Faustus, thanks for the thanks! I gave you one in return
Old 28th February 2013, 17:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that this is sorted, though for general information let me share some information with you

1. All dealers necessarily have to draw up an invoice for each and every vehicle sold.

2. The original invoice is submitted to the RTO along with other documents. Yes, you read it correct, the 'Original' invoice is a part of the file that is submitted with the RTO

3. A copy of the invoice is made available to the customer, whether individual or corporate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
It was as easy as 1-2-3.

For re registration of cars upon change of ownership, change of address etc. RTOs do not insist on getting the 'Original' invoice. They know it is impossible to get the original from the RTO wherever the vehicle was first registered. A copy/duplicate or even a photocopy of the original is readily accepted. I have personally transferred a few of my vehicles from one RTO to another (Inter state & Intra state) owing to interstate sales as well as change of residence.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:37   #24
BHPian

I have an Enfield Thunderbird, bought and registered in Punjab in 2002. I require the invoice as I intend to pay road-tax in Bangalore. But I do not have the invoice anymore, is there any workaround.

I have following in mind :

1. Contact the dealer and see if they have a record of the invoice. I tried this, but the lady said they are not keeping old records beyond five years.
2. Try to get a copy of the invoice which was submitted to the district RTO in Punjab at the time of registration. Tough task, but seems most likely place to get a copy, assuming the paper has survived in the file for 12 years.
3. Get an affidavit in place of the invoice. I was advised on this by a concierge service I contacted in this regard. But their charges of Rs. 800 for affidavit, and another Rs. 1000 for remaining process, on top of the road tax which I have to pay, does not seem worth it.

Any advice on what to do if invoice is lost. If anyone can share their (recent) experience, it would be most helpful.
Old 5th September 2014, 22:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamtiwana View Post
I have an Enfield Thunderbird, bought and registered in Punjab in 2002. I require the invoice as I intend to pay road-tax in Bangalore. But I do not have the invoice anymore, is there any workaround.
=========
Any advice on what to do if invoice is lost. If anyone can share their (recent) experience, it would be most helpful.
alamtiwana
Were you able to resolve this issue?

I am facing a similar issue and an agent mentioned that it may be possible to get a quote from a car agency for the required make and model. He was insistent that that information would suffice.

Alternatively, he mentioned that the RTO could dig up details on a similar vehicle and compute road tax based on that.
Old 6th September 2014, 10:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
alamtiwana
Were you able to resolve this issue?

I am facing a similar issue and an agent mentioned that it may be possible to get a quote from a car agency for the required make and model. He was insistent that that information would suffice.

Alternatively, he mentioned that the RTO could dig up details on a similar vehicle and compute road tax based on that.
It is all dependent on the Superintendent at the RTO you visit.

My issue is still not resolved because frankly I gave up. My experiences :

1. Visit to RTO - they refused to compute tax without invoice.
2. Met RTO inspector (during road check) - he said get challan then we'll talk
3. Called one agent who asked for nearly Rs. 4000 just to find the amount (no guarantee of invoice issue being resolved).
4. Another agency (concierge at IT companies) asked for Rs. 1800 which would provide me with an affidavit in lieu of the invoice, and they will get tax computed for me.

#4 is the best deal I have encountered. But I rarely ride my bike these days, so I've given it a rest for the time being.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:46   #27
BHPian

Alamtiwana, a friend of mine was able to pay road tax without the invoice at the E City RTO. Going on a weekday helped and the only negotiation was on the cost of the bike, since the price had risen since he bought it. No touts were involved.
Since your bike is still in production, you may want to try it out
Old 14th September 2014, 00:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Alamtiwana, a friend of mine was able to pay road tax without the invoice at the E City RTO. Going on a weekday helped and the only negotiation was on the cost of the bike, since the price had risen since he bought it. No touts were involved.
Since your bike is still in production, you may want to try it out
Thanks for sharing the experience. I will most definitely give it a shot.
Old 29th June 2016, 19:49   #29
BHPian

I'm sailing in the same boat.

I have a PB registered (Ludhiana) SX4 and I am the second owner. Now I don't remember whether the first owner gave me the original invoice or not, when we closed the deal. And now I need it since I want to get it registered in MH so that I can sell it off.

Any idea how can I get a copy of the invoice?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th June 2016, 21:08   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Any idea how can I get a copy of the invoice?
Why don't you contact Maruti Suzuki dealership in your city citing the problem. They'll definitely generate a duplicate Invoice for the SX4.

Most Viewed