Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2013, 00:06   #1
BHPian

Don't have a bill / invoice for my ride. Now what?

(Feeling duped and ashamed writing this)This is regarding my Honda Unicorn which I bought in Oct. 2011 from Om Sai Honda,Malad.
Just few days back my dad was inquiring local dealers for Honda Activa.
While talking with one dealer some thing about billing came up.
When my dad came home and was talking to me about it, he just happened to ask me about my bike's bill(if we have it or not).
I averred "Yes dad, Its there in the file. How can we miss it? Its one of the most basic papers which we have definitely taken".
I took out the file and handed it to him. He saw it thoroughly,even I did and my confidence fell flat on the ground when I found no bill in the file.
There was just the receipt(saying we paid Rs.XXXXX) and few other papers and nothing else. It is my first bike, in the excitement I really missed the bill part.It just didn't occur in my mind.
My question is is it possible for me to get the bill now? What are the chances? Will the dealer be yielding? Or its impossible now?
I have all my papers, My RC book my insurance papers the bank entry record.
As a matter of fact, I just saw the delivery note(which contains check boxes against the items which are given and which are not). It had ticks against owner's manual,service manual,insurance paper and 2-3 other things but just beside "Invoice" it was written "15 days"(meaning I will get it after 15 days)

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 17th February 2013 at 00:17. Reason: Mentioning which papers exist with me.
Old 17th February 2013, 00:08   #2
BHPian

re: Don't have a bill / invoice for my ride. Now what?

Do you have your RC book and tax paid receipts or are those receipts missing as well?
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 00:18   #3
BHPian

IMHO, I don't see an issue here unless you have missed out the other important documents like RC, Insurance, Tax paid receipts etc. Bill is not much necessary after some point of time.
callvvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 01:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
My question is is it possible for me to get the bill now? What are the chances?
Not an issue. If it makes you feel better, neither do I have the bill of my 8 year old bike with me.
Quote:
Will the dealer be yielding? Or its impossible now?
I have all my papers, My RC book my insurance papers the bank entry record.
As a matter of fact, I just saw the delivery note(which contains check boxes against the items which are given and which are not). It had ticks against owner's manual,service manual,insurance paper and 2-3 other things but just beside "Invoice" it was written "15 days"(meaning I will get it after 15 days)

-Bhargav
Give it a shot with him, except for the aspect that he might not want to do the extra work of going through his system/papers and get a copy of the original bill, I doubt he'd refuse you. Seriously, I don't see a problem as long as the bike papers are in your name.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 06:41   #5
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Don't be too hard on your yourself. Its OK.

As others have mentioned, the bill/invoice is not a make-or-break document. As long as you have RC book and tax-paid receipt, you should be fine.

Go and talk to your dealer anyways and ask "why the invoice was not given". This might as well be a tax-saving trick by the dealer.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 08:24   #6
BHPian

Hi Bhargav,
Do not be too hard on yourself. As long as you have the RC in your name, you do not need the bill. I have sold two bikes and a car without the original bill.
So cheer up you are good!!
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 10:23   #7
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Octane_Power, there is nothing to worry.

Just go to showroom with a copy of RC and demand the bill. If not original , they will provide you a duplicate copy for sure.

Max you might have to followup couple of times. Also send a email too. It helps.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 11:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
This might as well be a tax-saving trick by the dealer.
Exactly Sir. This is what even my father told me. He must be evading a good amount of tax through customers like me.
I called up a friend of mine(he got a unicorn 5 months prior to me) and asked him if he collected the invoice 15 days later.He hasn't told me still if he has it or not but he told me they have it in their records and you can ask for it. Will follow it up tomorrow today being a Sunday.

Thanks everyone ! Feeling lighter after you'll said that its not such an important document.Even my dad told its not a "you-can-not-do-without-it" document.It was just me who made a mountain out of a molehill Thank You all!

-Bhargav
Old 17th February 2013, 22:42   #9
BHPian

I just realized that I don't have the invoice for my 14 year old Splendor and my 6 month old Dio
Do keep us posted on the developments. Can help a lot of us.
Old 17th February 2013, 23:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly Sir. This is what even my father told me. He must be evading a good amount of tax through customers like me.
Believe me, no dealer can save tax and no dealer can afford not to bill your vehicle. These are not construction material or cheap consumer products that can escape the tax net. Every vehicle has to be tax paid for and then only registered, no matter how much you grease the RTO guy, simple fact is, without the bill, it is a no go. So, stop cursing yourself and ask for a duplicate bill, it will be given to you in a jiffy. And the most important documents for a vehicle are RC, Insurance, Road Tax, PUC etc etc AND (if necessary) the bill. Relax.
esteem_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 23:54   #11
BHPian

Octane Power.
Hi.It is no big deal.
Definitely it is necessary if there is a problem in the future.Or if the tax people want to see it.It is rarely done now.
Post computerisation it is no problem to generate a duplicate one.
Just send an email and point out to them that the bill which was supposed to be given after 15 days has not been sent.Put the onus on them that they have not sent.
Regards
Old 18th February 2013, 00:41   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post
I just realized that I don't have the invoice for my 14 year old Splendor and my 6 month old Dio
Do keep us posted on the developments. Can help a lot of us.
Sure thing Sir! Going tomorrow morning to the dealer. Will let you know what follows. And since your Dio's thing has come to your notice I say you should get it done too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
ask for a duplicate bill, it will be given to you in a jiffy. .
Sir, I hope they are compliant and give it to me without any quibble.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Just send an email and point out to them that the bill which was supposed to be given after 15 days has not been sent.Put the onus on them that they have not sent.
Regards
Aah! This is exactly what I had planned to do. Straight away telling them that they didn't courier it to me and taking things ahead from there.
Thank You Sir!

-Bhargav
Old 18th February 2013, 00:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing Sir! Going tomorrow morning to the dealer. Will let you know what follows. And since your Dio's thing has come to your notice I say you should get it done too.

Sir, I hope they are compliant and give it to me without any quibble.
Thank you!

Aah! This is exactly what I had planned to do. Straight away telling them that they didn't courier it to me and taking things ahead from there.
Thank You Sir!

-Bhargav
Bhargav, how old are you ? I am only 14 years old, so stop sirring me and go and do your stuff with confidence. I am sure you are old enough to ride a bike, that means you are old enough to walk into a shop and ask for your invoice without fear or apprehension, it is your basic right after paying the money to them.
esteem_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 00:53   #14
BHPian

Just forget about the bills once you have got all the papers (RC, Insurance, Tax receipt)
in your name. You don't need the bill even for selling your bike. Even if you need it, I don't think you would be in trouble. Just contact your dealer for the bill and they have no reason to void your request as you have all the papers in your name. Stay cool as the Unicorn is with you
junaid12345678 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 01:40   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

The invoice or bill is required only when you plan to re-register in some other state and pay lifetime taxes.

Other than that, for day-to-day use, or for selling your vehicle the bill is not really required.

However, I'd suggest to go and get the invoice from the showroom whenever you get some free time.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed