Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2006, 22:31   #46
BHPian

See The Bike!!!!

HOWWZAAAAT??!!! See the fairing mod, graphics, chain cover and tail end mod!!!
Any comments?!!

Notice the CAN!!! Its from PROTON!!! Howz the black engine and transmission??!!!

Now see the clip-ons!!! Notice the remote controler of anti-theft and remote starter unit!!!

Howz this 3 point view??!!! Notice the fairing job!! Front tyre is of MRF Zapper - 100/90/17!!! Yeah its the rear tyre!!! Can any one show me a 90/90/17 tyre of Michelin/Pirrelli??!!

Another 3 point view!!!! Notice the front mud guards and engine guard..!!

Now look at the tail end!!! Howz that number plate??!! It acts as a mud flap too!!!! You can see Michelin's 130/70/17 rubber!!! Zma's tail lamp assy with a zma-pulsar blended tail end piece!!! You have already seen the monoshock eh?!!!

Now pour in your comments and suggetions friends!!!! Am eagerly waiting for your shouts!!! Hope the show was interesting!!! The final touch-ups will be done on monday!!! Will post the final pic on monday again....!! Till then....alvida..!!!!!cheers.......

Last edited by nikkibike : 14th October 2006 at 22:35.
Old 15th October 2006, 01:28   #47
BHPian

Awesome!!! and very clean job....

Please let us know the ride dynamics with mono-shock.

-Siddharth
Old 15th October 2006, 02:17   #48
BANNED

Kewl!!! (It can make some stuff go hard if this bike was a female human being)
I'm not a bike guy. But this thing makes me think of becoming one.

Nice effort Nikki!!!! I can imagine how much pain you've taken to get this thingy done.
Old 15th October 2006, 04:16   #49
BHPian

hi

speedzak, OH boy!!!!! your words made me a much satisfied guy with the thingy...!!!! Atleast I cud drag a "car-er" into "biker"!!!! Yeah man.... it was really a pain to get the best job done!!! Anyways...thanks for coming in!!!

sids911, Thanks for that comments dude!! Well....reg the dynamics of monoshock, the ride is smoooooooth and handling is exceptionaly great tho none of us (me & mech) expected this perfectness after an amature mod job!!!! We have tested it in almost all of its powerband thru curves, straight streches etc etc... Its damn stable!!!! And this is the reason why I posted the mono mounting pics!!! Hope it is usefull to all...
Anyways....thanks for coming in!!!!
chall...cheers!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 15th October 2006 at 04:17.
Old 15th October 2006, 14:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

At last, its out. Neat execution, but you could have spared the front mud guard and the BAJAJ badging.Its ok...After all, mods are meant to customise to ones taste. Do post your comments on the working of the PROTON (got it directly from him?) and mono shocks. Well last question.......how much did you blow up for this?
Old 15th October 2006, 19:03   #51
BHPian

Good one Nikki !!!! Can't you bring this down to trivandrum for the meet ???? If you want to get your car , I can come to cochin and ride the bike to tvm and back . What dya say ????
Old 15th October 2006, 20:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

2 thumbs up , paint job is good .
where did u source the michelin from?
Is the swingarm same/altered one or is from the some other bike.
How much was the total cost ?
Really really neat mod.

Thanks

Last edited by black12rr : 15th October 2006 at 21:00.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:04   #53
BHPian

This is one of the finest mod job on a pulsar i've seeen till date. great nikkibike. especially the paint job and the monoshock. would like to know the costs involved.
rgrds
Old 15th October 2006, 22:22   #54
BHPian

hi all....

Sorry for the late response guys.... I was off the town till now!!

black12rr, Thanks a lot for your comments!!
Well.... Michelin is from Champion Motors, Chennai!!
Swing arm, monoshock & drive chain are of UNICORN!!!
In total it has costed me around 24K!!
Yeah man.... tho the figure is a bit huge...am very much satisfied with its performance!! Thanks again....

Mistakenguy, Oh yeah man..... agreed!!! But before that lemme check its fitness for such a long haul with those two wider tyres!!!!
So if you are so much excited you can ride it to&fro!!! Am not a biker...so can't drive the "thingy" so long for any reason!!!

mail4ajo, Yeah man!!! Thatz out!!! How did you know my mech's lazyness??!!! ha ha!!! Btw, don't you noticed the BAJAJ's badging on the fairing??!!! he he he... that will be removed 2morw!!! Monoshock is working exceptionally well in all circumstances!!!!! Will update the Proton's performance after a jet upsize!!! Proton is directly from him thru my mech!!
Hey tell me how should I upsize my jet?!! What size??!! At present the setting is done for power acceleration....but still the 'movability' is sluggish and catches up a top whack of 110 max with the wider tyres!! The upsizing should reduce the sluggishness and the ride should be smooth too!!! Pl comment/Suggest!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks once again to all of you guys!!!
cheers!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 15th October 2006 at 22:25.
Old 16th October 2006, 07:33   #55
BHPian

hi

spdfreak, Thanks for that comments dude!!! Well....Its a bit of graphic work on the stock painting!!! Finally juz did a 'clear varnishing' too!!! Thatz it!! Blasted almost 24K for the total mods!!!

cheers!! Hope to see you sometime soon!!
Old 16th October 2006, 17:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Hey tell me how should I upsize my jet?!! What size??!!
Nikki,
You need to source a jet atleast 10 sizes larger than your stock. First you need to find the stock size. Rejetting is a big task, cause bigger sizes are just not available off the shelf.

Maybe you will have to rip from some other bike. For example, my bike's stock main jet size is 95. CBZ's jet size is 105. So I can use that. Check with others who have done this on the Pulsar. I am sure many have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
At present the setting is done for power acceleration....but still the 'movability' is sluggish and catches up a top whack of 110 max with the wider tyres!! The upsizing should reduce the sluggishness and the ride should be smooth too!!! Pl comment/Suggest!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Thanks once again to all of you guys!!!
cheers!!!
Wider tyres increase the drag on the engine and makes your bike slower. Have an optimum tyre to maintain road grip and top speed. A tad bigger that your stock tyre will be best. Since you have already invested in the bigger tyre, leave it as it is.
Old 16th October 2006, 19:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Nikki,
You need to source a jet atleast 10 sizes larger than your stock. First you need to find the stock size. Rejetting is a big task, cause bigger sizes are just not available off the shelf.

Maybe you will have to rip from some other bike. For example, my bike's stock main jet size is 95. CBZ's jet size is 105. So I can use that. Check with others who have done this on the Pulsar. I am sure many have.

Wider tyres increase the drag on the engine and makes your bike slower. Have an optimum tyre to maintain road grip and top speed. A tad bigger that your stock tyre will be best. Since you have already invested in the bigger tyre, leave it as it is.
@mail4ajo - jetting is not really in upsizes of 10..its actually 2.5. to achieve the best setting, u need to go for the highest size and then size the jet down. If u have a 95 main, the next option should be a 97.5 of the fiero, then a 101 of the apache, 105 of the cbz, 107.5,110,1112.5 of p180, 115 of uni etc etc..it all depends on the availibility of the jets in your locality. jetting is not an easy task and ur friends bike's state of tune can not be matched on urs....its relative to your bike's set-up.
Old 16th October 2006, 20:56   #58
BHPian

hi guys!!

fieroid, G8 info man!!! Will checkout the sizes in my city and get the most suited one for my bike's setup!!

mail4ajo, Thanks for that advise...!! Well.... today my mech tuned it taking lots of time and now the performance is far far better than yesterday!!! "Sluggish" feel have vanished and the engine responds well to the throttle commands..... Anyways....drag test is yet to be done with the latest tuning....will revert after that....
btw, gonna add fairing-hugging mirrors(some imported model) and pillion handle of unicorn!!! What say?!!
Old 16th October 2006, 21:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
@mail4ajo - jetting is not really in upsizes of 10..its actually 2.5. to achieve the best setting
I roamed about endlessly and spoke to several people before I upjetted my bike. If only I knew I could have used the Fiero's, it would have saved me time and effort. CBZ jets were easily available so just plugged it in. FE dropped drastically.

One question, will both jets have to be changed or can we just manage with the main jet?
Old 16th October 2006, 23:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I roamed about endlessly and spoke to several people before I upjetted my bike. If only I knew I could have used the Fiero's, it would have saved me time and effort. CBZ jets were easily available so just plugged it in. FE dropped drastically.

One question, will both jets have to be changed or can we just manage with the main jet?
its not really needed to change the pilot jet(slow jet) untill and unless u experience a drop in low-end response. Most Honda bikes come really lean from factory for economy sake. An upjet is good if needed. However if u use a bigger pilot, u might flood the pilot circuit making it to choke during start. Anyways if u find full throttle sluggishness is when u need to change the mainjet. avoid fuel flooding flutters coz of really big jets. This time try the fiero's main jet..it will be better. I've been fiddling with jetting since quite sometime nd mainly found that bigger jets and richer set-up gives good low-end but chokes top-end...just strike teh balance...all teh time u will find upsize jets of all sizes ready for any state of tune(in my wallet itself )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks