Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 09:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

nikhil...this is one neat bike. love th paint job. very neatly done. Makes me want to ditch my car and buy a bike...:-)
Old 17th October 2006, 13:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
nikhil...this is one neat bike. love th paint job. very neatly done. Makes me want to ditch my car and buy a bike...:-)
Thanks dude!! Btw, did u do your correction job??!!
Old 17th October 2006, 14:55   #63
BHPian

hey nikki, what swing arm are u using? is that the stock or unicorn's?
Also i notices, u have bolted the shox on teh top-chassis mount...i have my doubts of its rigidity...have u also welded a clamp on top?
Old 17th October 2006, 16:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
hey nikki, what swing arm are u using? is that the stock or unicorn's?
Also i notices, u have bolted the shox on teh top-chassis mount...i have my doubts of its rigidity...have u also welded a clamp on top?
Swing arm is from Unicorn!! Reg mono mountings... In the top I have WELDED two 'boss-es' to complete a locked pivot joint!! So the top hook of mono will be sided by those two bosses and a long bolt provided acts as a pivot for free radial movement of shox... See here, the impact load thru shox acting on the frame will be as a "cushioned impact" due to the absorbtion capacity of shox!!! Tho thisz the most appropriate way of doing it... it is a very strenous job...coz the whole HANDLING issue lies on proper aligned mounting of mono!!! Incase if you are very much interested, I can send you an autocad sketch showing the work done!!! What say??!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 17th October 2006 at 16:08.
Old 17th October 2006, 18:15   #65
BHPian

cool, so u already made a CAD layout for this design eh..
but with a cushion effect, i hope u are not letting the mono sway in a position. i mean its must not move place. ideally for a cushion effect, a rubber spacer is provided to the shox lugs. This prevents any "thud" factor when the shox are bottoming.
post the CAD sketch here!
BTW, is that a 150cc? That engine needs a huge beef-up man, that fat tyre and extra mass would have reduced the "more go" part from your bike. I like more show and more go. Think on those lines too.
Old 18th October 2006, 08:00   #66
BHPian

hi there....

fieroid, Yeah what you said bout shox mounting is correct!! But on the mounting there won't be a lateral movement for the shox!! Arrangement is infact made in such a way that there is very very minimal lateral movement there!! When hanged on the top mounting, the shox will swing radially resulting perfect working of the whole system..

Tho disz a P150, the perfected tuning along with K&N and free flow made it a near blaster!!! The tyres are not extra wide too!! Guess this is a perfect combo for P150's!!!

Don't know whether I'll be able to load autocad files here!! Anyways.. will try doing it!!

cheers!!! & thanks for your inputs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
cool, so u already made a CAD layout for this design eh..
but with a cushion effect, i hope u are not letting the mono sway in a position. i mean its must not move place. ideally for a cushion effect, a rubber spacer is provided to the shox lugs. This prevents any "thud" factor when the shox are bottoming.
post the CAD sketch here!
BTW, is that a 150cc? That engine needs a huge beef-up man, that fat tyre and extra mass would have reduced the "more go" part from your bike. I like more show and more go. Think on those lines too.
Old 18th October 2006, 17:12   #67
Joz
BHPian

Nice work there Nikkibike.

You should send in your entry to the BS Motoring Pulsar Mania contest. For more details check out their website.
Old 18th October 2006, 17:21   #68
BHPian

hi there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Nice work there Nikkibike.

You should send in your entry to the BS Motoring Pulsar Mania contest. For more details check out their website.
Am unaware of this Joz. Will check it out!!

Thanks for coming in... cheers!
Old 18th October 2006, 17:29   #69
Joz
BHPian

Hey!! The garage looks awefully familiar. That's Binu's garage right. How is he doing?? Is he still crazy as he was a few years back?? Does he still have his motocross RX.

Damn!! I miss those days. Its been 4 years since i saw him last. I used to hang around there a lot... thanks to my shogun. Do me a favor mate. Pass me his phone numbers.
Old 18th October 2006, 21:40   #70
BHPian

Ooooooooooooooops!!!!!

Joz,

ugh!!!! Thatz cooooooooool man!!!! So you know him!!! Must be a 'Kalamassery-ian' then!!!! Actually I was thinking of posting a snap and write-up on him so that he wud benefit something professionaly!! But minor works like mirrors and pillion handle fitments are yet to be over!!! Will post his info's after that!!

Anyways... thatz g8 news!!! I'll PM his no: to you now!!

cheers!!

MODERATOR NOTE:
DO NOT POST IN BOLD FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON !!! THANKS

Last edited by Mpower : 19th October 2006 at 22:21.
Old 19th October 2006, 04:37   #71
BHPian

Cool reply dude

I never knew "I think a yezdi's alloys n trye should do fine for ur bike." yezdi made alloys.

"
2. Replacing the rear suspension system with that of a Unicorn (Mono shock)
I agree Uni has the best monoshock. If ur doing it, then also try fitting in a P180's swingarm for better stablility of ur bike. I have seen some cosmetic modded pulsars converted to a r-1 n ......., As ur spending to changing to monoshock u may as well change the swingarm too."

Thats the best one.
I thought to convert to a monoshock you had to replace the Swingarm itself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
1. Replacing the rear alloy and tyre with eliminator's set
, Well u r putting a smmler alloys for looks i suppose !!!, but one thign dude, try NOT fitting fatter n wider tyre caz ur engine will cry later n laos u lose quiet a lot of top end. I think a yezdi's alloys n trye should do fine for ur bike.

I agree Uni has the best monoshock. If ur doing it, then also try fitting in a P180's swingarm for better stablility of ur bike. I have seen some cosmetic modded pulsars converted to a r-1 n ......., As ur spending to changing to monoshock u may as well change the swingarm too.(Hahahah )

3. Modifying the exhaust pipe to enhanse looks.
Vrommmmmmm , VROOOOOOmmmmmmMM, , louder the noise the more u rev, i think u should go in for a performance exhaust dude, ie., Tectrac or proton's..., if ur putting a local exhaust surely ur screwing ur bike within 2 months or so. For looks, u may as well powercoat the exhaust completely black.

4. Replacing the stock air filter with K&N filter.
K&N Air filter RC1060 will suit ur bike. Change ur jets to P180's jets to get maximum performance, if u aint jetting ur bike will run lean. 2 to 5% increase in intial u will get.

5. Would like to install anti-theft alarm system with remote start option,
Ha ha , my friends has one fitted to his p150dtsi 2.1, Dunno the name though fro Rs 800. Its good, anybody sitting or shaking the bike puts up the alarm, but v have more fun that that, Scaring the ppl away , Anybody sits on the bike, v make the bike start when v r bout 100 metres away form it, u shuld only see the look on ppl faces, they kinda get "what the" , he he.
Its good for fun n security, Only irrating thing is, left indicator is on it says " turning left" in a female voice .

Anywayz, i think ive answered most of ur stuff, Anythign else?
Old 19th October 2006, 08:13   #72
BHPian

Hi bhogalrajnish, In my case...the work is already over!!! See the snaps in page 3&4!!!
cheers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish
Cool reply dude

I never knew "I think a yezdi's alloys n trye should do fine for ur bike." yezdi made alloys.

"
I agree Uni has the best monoshock. If ur doing it, then also try fitting in a P180's swingarm for better stablility of ur bike. I have seen some cosmetic modded pulsars converted to a r-1 n ......., As ur spending to changing to monoshock u may as well change the swingarm too."

Thats the best one.
I thought to convert to a monoshock you had to replace the Swingarm itself..
Old 19th October 2006, 13:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Sorry for the late response guys.... I was off the town till now!!

black12rr, Thanks a lot for your comments!!
Well.... Michelin is from Champion Motors, Chennai!!
Swing arm, monoshock & drive chain are of UNICORN!!!
In total it has costed me around 24K!!
Yeah man.... tho the figure is a bit huge...am very much satisfied with its performance!! Thanks again....
i wanted to change my rear tyre for pulsar 150 classis some time did a search for the Pirelli tyres finally gave up and went for a zapper in the end.

Regarding the mod looks clean man. I could see a very neat paint work. Great work !!!
Old 19th October 2006, 18:52   #74
BHPian

Hey nikki

great goin dude with ur bike... i hope few of my suggestions worked out for you. Least one neat lookin pulsar.... to see around here.

Anywayz im already modding a 100cc (my own bike) not for looks but for a lil performance, although its not worth it but somebody else is helping me out with the dough anywayz great to see ur bike...

and r u gonna port ur bike further?

Last edited by nosfreak : 19th October 2006 at 19:00.
Old 19th October 2006, 20:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
Hey nikki

great goin dude with ur bike... i hope few of my suggestions worked out for you. Least one neat lookin pulsar.... to see around here.

Anywayz im already modding a 100cc (my own bike) not for looks but for a lil performance, although its not worth it but somebody else is helping me out with the dough anywayz great to see ur bike...

and r u gonna port ur bike further?
what kinda mods on a 100cc bike? dont tel me filter and exhaust and stuff...serious mods eh?
what bike though? u wanna sqeeze the juice of those puny single digit bhp bikes man. buy a big bore machine instead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks