Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2006, 22:02   #76
BHPian

hi guys!!

nosfreak, Thanks for your comments!! Yeah man...your suggestions helped me finalising the mod to a certain extend.... thanks once again for that!!! 100cc bike??!!! Must be an RX or Shogun!!! Please don't reveal if it is something else!!! ha.. . hmmm..... reg engine mods.... I may go for a cam profile change sometime later...!!!. My mech is working on a cam mod job now.. If succussfull, I'll go for it.... Will let you know then.... Hey thanks for your inputs!!

fieroid, I too thought of the same thing when I read those lines!! Yeah....100cc's mods definitely deserve oversizing and porting along with perf: fils and chambers!!

cheers!!!
Old 19th October 2006, 22:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Good Job Niki. Now you can enter your bike in the BSM competetion. Good Luck.

http://bsmotoring.com/bsm/wcms/en/ho...F1F8584A18E330
Old 19th October 2006, 22:44   #78
BHPian

hi

Thanks Mpower, I came to know this only yesterday when JOZ hinted about the event!!... Hav already started the documentations!!!!!
Thanks again for coming in!!
Old 20th October 2006, 02:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
what kinda mods on a 100cc bike? dont tel me filter and exhaust and stuff...serious mods eh?
what bike though? u wanna sqeeze the juice of those puny single digit bhp bikes man. buy a big bore machine instead.
i would have bought a tvs champ instead and play around with it ...pedaling .

anywayz its a rx100.. and hh passion(not mine)... will surprise with wht i am coming out with.. but nothing indepth and big bout it.. will update u'll soon.. and fieriod howz the 200cc fiero doin.. n howz the pulsar project goin on?

Last edited by nosfreak : 20th October 2006 at 02:46.
Old 20th October 2006, 03:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
i would have bought a tvs champ instead and play around with it ...pedaling .

anywayz its a rx100.. and hh passion(not mine)... will surprise with wht i am coming out with.. but nothing indepth and big bout it.. will update u'll soon.. and fieriod howz the 200cc fiero doin.. n howz the pulsar project goin on?
my fiero 200 is running really well. We clocked a true speed of 131 on the GPS. Got some more plans, will update as and when time comes. The pulsar 250 is up and running. Venu is making some changes to the bore and material refinement is pending…like better sleeve, better machining etc..that bike is really fast. waiting for a quarter litre episode of my fiero
Old 20th October 2006, 08:15   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
my fiero 200 is running really well. We clocked a true speed of 131 on the GPS. Got some more plans, will update as and when time comes. The pulsar 250 is up and running. Venu is making some changes to the bore and material refinement is pending…like better sleeve, better machining etc..that bike is really fast. waiting for a quarter litre episode of my fiero
ugh!!! g8 going guys!!! Wish you "All the best" for the projects!!
Old 31st May 2007, 12:23   #82
BHPian

Great Job

Great job, nikkibike,

I am also interested to do some modification on my P-150
Old 4th August 2007, 04:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

dude awesome job man!
on second thoughts how about the round head light fixing on your bike, it will look like the naked roadster.(remember the honda's hornet or the twister? and get rid of the orange highlights on the mags.)
this bike will look like the perfect 70s & 80s style roadster, actually that style is back these days, just wear a face open helmet and a aviator rayban glasses while riding you will look really rugged and macho!

Last edited by rider60 : 4th August 2007 at 04:23.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:47   #84

Guys,

On the same topic - I have (had?) a Pulsar 180 and got it bored to 220 cc. Rides like a charm - am planning to get iridiums for sparks. Also, I intend to replace the exhaust system. Do you have any recommendations. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2008, 02:21   #85
BHPian

Purple pagoda, 220cc? Which piston are you running now?
Old 7th December 2008, 09:12   #86
BANNED

Purple_pagoda, Try Automech exhaust i'm pretty satisfied with it on my Karizma. You can get Iridium plugs. The catalogue only lists Iridium plugs for the left side anyways check it out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cles-list.html
Old 9th December 2008, 17:50   #87
BHPian

sorry for being so late...
But there is nothing in the world known as modifying a single cylinder carburreted 150cc bike.
Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 16:09   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Purple pagoda, 220cc? Which piston are you running now?
Hey sorry for not replying. Missed this out completely till I came back to this thread again this late
One of my friends got the job done for me while I was not around and he told me its Pulsar 200's piston. Am not sure about that vs Karizma's.

One general question to people on this thread though. After the above mods plus a bigger exhaust, I got a considerable boost at the mid-high RPM range but I still feel that it gets saturated at low RPMs. Plus, the engine response at low RPMs is kind of sagging. On the other hand once above 6K, the bike does not feel saturated at all. Any advice?
Listing down again - Bored to 220 cc, wide dia exhaust, iridiums (am sure they don't add up to much), K&N intake.
Thanks in advance.

PP.

Most Viewed