Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 14:09   #1
BHPian

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’

Note from Mods: This thread is now closed. Please see the Ride Report thread

Honda has launched the CB 150R Trigger motorcycle today. The company says that it will introduce a new bike every quarter of this year. Prices are to be announced later in April.

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-cbtriggerindialaunch.jpg
Pic Credit : www.motorbeam.com

Bookings start next month and the earliest you can get one home is May. A digital instrument cluster, black alloy wheels, monoshock rear suspension and front / rear disc brakes make it obvious that Honda is targeting the premium commuter segment. Honda has placed the Trigger between the Unicorn and CBR 150R. It is expected to replace the slow selling Dazzler.

The CB Trigger will come in three variants, Standard - with a front disc brake, Deluxe with front and rear discs, and the CBS with front and rear disc brakes & the Combi Brake System. The 150cc market is hotly contested with every major manufacturer having an offering in the segment. Expect the Trigger to be priced at a premium over existing competitors.

The CB 150R puts out only ~14 BHP from its air-cooled engine. Speculation had been rife about Honda launching the 17 BHP and six speed gearbox version; unfortunately, that isn't the case. In fact, its performance figures don't approach the liquid-cooled CBR 150R which puts out over 17 BHP and is equipped with a six speed gearbox.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2013 at 16:07. Reason: Adding closing note + link
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 15:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorbikes Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11th March 2013, 16:15   #3
BHPian

Re: Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’ - More pictures

pictures for the CB 150R courtesy www.motorbeam.com

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-2013hondacbtrigger.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerheadlight.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggertank.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerengine.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerinstrumentcluster.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerside.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerrear.jpg

Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’-hondacbtriggerledtaillights.jpg
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 17:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’

Looks very much like the Dazzler.

It seems that most of the parts are from the Dazzler Waster Bin!!!!

Dazzler always looked like a small bike.
Dont know how the Trigger will fare on that aspect.

Also, did not like the all digital meter. Always prefer the good old analogue tacho over the digital one any day.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

Also, did not like the all digital meter. Always prefer the good old analogue tacho over the digital one any day.
I had the exact same thoughts. I was hoping it to be the Streetfire which would be been a good upgrade from my Unicorn. This is hardly inspiring enough for me to change from the Unicorn.

I prefer the analog meters too. I have always found the digital fuel meters in all bikes to be giving wrong information.

I think I'll stick with the Unicorn till something with the specs of the Streetfire comes along.

Prajwal
Old 11th March 2013, 22:14   #6
BHPian

I look at it as nothing but a Dazzler "gone under the knife".
14BHP ? That's the same as the Dazzler. Wonder what the torque figure is.
I think its just different in the looks department. It has nothing different than the Dazzler otherwise.

1.The front and rear discs are straight out of Dazzler, should have been petal discs instead.
2.I am unsure about this but the alloys too feel of the same 17' as the Dazzler which should be equal to the Unicorn.
3.It would be nice if Honda would have finally added the "Engine Kill" switch to the switches list(which every other manufacturer does even in 125cc bikes.)
4. I feel all these new so called "CB" engines do not have that "Honda gene" like older model of Unicorn. I can't say about power but yes, the average is definitely marred.
5.The handle bars which are a tad bit high on the Dazzler should be corrected here.

-Bhargav
Old 11th March 2013, 22:33   #7
MHG
BHPian

60kmpl seems to be a tall claim. If it does deliver on that front by consistently (under mixed city conditions) returning a figure of over 55, perhaps it'll have takers from guys who are interested in the "Trigger" on the basis of it being a mileage-oriented 150cc bike.
Old 11th March 2013, 23:51   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
I had the exact same thoughts.
Looks like they didn't want to retain with name Dazzler (Which most people voted as a stupid name anyways!) with the facelift, hence a more trendy name - CB 150R.

I've always felt that Dazzler felt lacking in design, even compared to its little brother - Twister. Will reserve my comments till I see one in flesh.
Old 11th March 2013, 23:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
3.It would be nice if Honda would have finally added the "Engine Kill" switch to the switches list(which every other manufacturer does even in 125cc bikes.)
-Bhargav
Why do we need a Engine kill switch, is it really important? I hardly use it.
Old 12th March 2013, 09:43   #10
BHPian

Looks like Honda wised up and finally added a kick start rod to the bike - one reason (of many) for Dazzler not selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Turning off and on the key in the ignition is a bit too much and puts unnecessary wear on the lock mechanism (start, stop at traffic lights). If the bike can start with a button it should also stop with a button.

Last edited by hellmet : 12th March 2013 at 09:51. Reason: spelling..
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:21   #11
BHPian

Honda showcases its new 150 cc CB Trigger bike for Indian market

The Honda CB Trigger looks like new competition against the likes of Bajaj Pulsar, TVS Apache RTR and Yamaha FZ-Series amid others in the Indian two-wheeler space.

Honda CB Trigger comes fitted with a 150 cc motor that pumps out a peak output power of 14 bhp at 8,500 rpm, along with a highest torque of 12.5 Nm at 6,500 rpm. The CB Trigger bike is the Japanese firm's 4th model in the 150 cc segment, including the likes of Dazzler, CB Unicorn and the CBR150R. The newly unveiled Honda CB Trigger features designs and cues similar to both its CB Twister and Dazzler siblings. The stylish new 150 cc Honda model looks sporty and can definitely give its direct competition a run for their money.

The Honda CB Trigger is the country's first bike to come equipped with a Combi Brake System (CBS) as an additional option. The CBS technology applies both the front and rear brakes simultaneously, which is immensely useful in case of a hard breaking situation. Further, using a CBS equipped bike one can reduce the braking time and effort by as much as 32 per cent. Coming to the inbuilt features, the 150 cc CB Trigger bike comes fitted with a digital instrument panel, mono shock suspension system, maintenance free battery, viscous air filter and tubeless tyres. The Japanese two-wheeler maker has claimed that its new bike delivers an impressive fuel economy of 60 kmpl.

Note from Support - Posts moved. Please search before creating new threads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th March 2013 at 13:02.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda showcases its new 150 cc CB Trigger bike for Indian market

What is the USP of this bike? Appears to be a Honda Unicorn with a revised headlight fairing. Suppose our local roadside mechanic could have done the same. Power Specs all appear to be similar to the Unicorn.

Come on Honda get in a twin 250, it will be a viral hit.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:57   #13
BHPian

Re: Honda showcases its new 150 cc CB Trigger bike for Indian market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
What is the USP of this bike? Appears to be a Honda Unicorn with a revised headlight fairing. Suppose our local roadside mechanic could have done the same. Power Specs all appear to be similar to the Unicorn.

Come on Honda get in a twin 250, it will be a viral hit.
It seems that Honda is just playing it safe by making cosmetic changes to their existing lineup and launching it with a new name, or they just dont think that ours is a mature market
Old 12th March 2013, 13:04   #14
BHPian

Honda seems to be going the TATA way!! Same bike, change color, change name and expect people to call it a brand new model!!

The original Unicorn was itself a major put off (after having we seen the Pulsars and CBZs) but somehow kept a decent pace for its good engine and hassle free ownership.

The Dazzler on the other hand was Honda asking too much for a modified Unicorn without any regrets!! and look at them now!!! modified the Dazzler again and call it a Trigger!!!
Old 12th March 2013, 14:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Same reason as hellmet has stated.
I find it quite good, switching the engine off without the need to reach to the key and turn it off and on.
*Tick Tick* is better than turning the key everytime IMO

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks