Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 15:35   #16
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

It's hideous! Mahindra has no clue on what's happening in the two wheeler industry. They are better off sticking to the manufacture of jeeps and SUVs.
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 16:29   #17
BHPian

Looking at the side profile, I reckon they could have made it quite a looker with minimal effort.
Although, even with the present design, I'm pretty sure that this will find takers in our country with Mahindra marketing describing it as designed in Italy n all.

P.S. The only thing I want to know is that what were they smoking when they came out with this design.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojo.jpg  

dreamseller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 19:21   #18
BHPian

All in all, the entire design minus the headlamp unit & the name, it looks pretty decent. Hopefully the engine is a stonker!
Old 15th March 2013, 19:31   #19
BANNED

In pics it is not as ridiculous as it really is. In flesh it seems some one started design, and some one picked up from where he left off. Later it was presented to mahindra and they thought , lets try to make it trendy or something.
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 17:28   #20
BHPian

I feel that a lower headlamp & some sensible colour combination will make this thing look OK.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:38   #21
BHPian

Horror to the motorcycle industry. What a terrible looking bike. I would never want to spot one of this on the roads. Nothing is right on this bike. May be only the 300cc mark on the engine. Wonder what the actual specs are.
Seriously I used to draw better bikes when I was in 3rd standard.
Everything on the bike is out of place/sync. The headlight, the seat, the exhaust, the frame, the tank, have I missed anything else?.
How can they go so wrong with a bike.
Cant wait till they actually get it to market after all the bashing its looks has already got them.
It better have a very good engine to speak for.
Old 21st March 2013, 15:37   #22
BHPian

I liked the comment about the iron man look alike, i feel iron man and a fly got mixed up while being teleported [like the 80's movie, 'the fly'] and transformed into the mojo.
Old 21st March 2013, 23:38   #23
BHPian

Mahindra please dont do this! There are so many things outright wrong about this.

1. Bikes are never built in pink color and there is a reason (sorry guys, I am not going into a gender discrimination discussion, though this may sound like one). Looks like Mahindra has completely forgotten or ignored this aspect of building bikes.

2. Who in their right senses would name a wannabe performance bike Mojo? Sounds more like a name for sugar candys!

3. Finally what is this bike? A naked street bike? Sports tourer? one for the race track? a daily commuter? Nahhh...its all mixed into one and thus unchecks all boxes people buy bikes for.

PS: apologies if I offended anyone.
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Although, even with the present design, I'm pretty sure that this will find takers in our country with Mahindra marketing describing it as designed in Italy n all.

P.S. The only thing I want to know is that what were they smoking when they came out with this design.
Since I am studying in Italy at this very minute and I can easily confirm through the countless beauties which pass by everyday in front my college that even an Italian would not approve of that design.

Sadly, Mahindra seems to have not taken a course many European car and bike design centers take. The first process of making a prototype is always with the designer. Only until he creates a final clay model can an engineer be allowed to give further inputs on the development of the bike/car. And the engineer is always reminded to change as little of the design as possible.

Quoting the famous Chris Bangle, former head of design at BMW, "Engineers are in essence problem solvers. And they cannot solve problems until a designer gives them a problem".

The common step taken by Mahindra and a few other manufacturers is what my father describes as the 'ME TOO' principal. Honda is a car and bike manufacturer so I will also be a car and bike manufacturer. Tata produced such and such trucks, I will also produce such and such trucks. Such companies do not understand their customer base and therefore decide to go with the general flow of the crowd. And as a result, the core elements of car and bike development fail. And the histories of Kinetic and Mahindra are a perfect example of such a R&D disappointment. Where the development of the bike was not driven by the passion of making a great product but a zeal to cash in on prevalent market scenarios.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:55   #25
BHPian

How the @#$% did I land here! Thought of cooling down and checking some happening news in the auto world and man, this isn't happening. Are they seriously planning to sell this? They should at least conduct a sample survey to get a hint.
Old 28th March 2013, 04:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
How the @#$% did I land here! Thought of cooling down and checking some happening news in the auto world and man, this isn't happening. Are they seriously planning to sell this? They should at least conduct a sample survey to get a hint.
Depending on where they conduct the survey, the findings might be quite contrary to your expectations.

Do not forget, we hail DC as a auto design Czar and have printed reams and reams of colored paper to celebrate the resultant monstrosities.

But, Nevertheless, I agree that Mahindra must've been smoking some funny jungle juice to to make this thing their flagship model. By the way this is 4 stroke version of the Malaguti MR250.

They should've just introduced it in the supermoto trim!
Rash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 14:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash View Post
By the way this is 4 stroke version of the Malaguti MR250.

They should've just introduced it in the supermoto trim!
Your are so right, Here is a pic of the Malaguti MR250. A Copy paste Job!
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mr250_lat.jpg  

yamaniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 02:10   #28
BHPian

People are bashing another product from Mahindra. Feels like deja vu !

When XUV was first shown to the world, people had similar thoughts. See that thread if you don't remember it now. But the moment it's pricing was announced, the thread took a u-turn. And it went on to become a proper commercial success for Mahindra. So wait and watch is all I'd do now. They have been here before. That experience will definitely help them. Good pricing and a proper PR job might make this a success too !!
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:39   #29
BHPian

The Bike would actually look good with a substantial tank and a single large round headlamp, ala Pulsar first gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
People are bashing another product from Mahindra. Feels like deja vu !

When XUV was first shown to the world, people had similar thoughts. See that thread if you don't remember it now. But the moment it's pricing was announced, the thread took a u-turn. And it went on to become a proper commercial success for Mahindra. So wait and watch is all I'd do now. They have been here before. That experience will definitely help them. Good pricing and a proper PR job might make this a success too !!
XUV falls into Mahindra's field of expertise, This (motorcycles) is not their domain to rule hence the comparison wont work.

Apart from the looks the specs shout high quality. So let's wait and watch.
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 16:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Now ACI claims that M&M will launch the Mojo with a revised styling as compared to concept shown in 2012 Auto Expo. Here is the link to ACI's report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/351...-makeover.aspx

Most Viewed