Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 16:40   #61
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

The Mojo is hitting the roads soon. More details available here

Last edited by Roomy : 4th April 2014 at 16:49.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:42   #62
RYP
BHPian

I request Mahindra to reconsider the name 'Mojo', i hope no one would ever want to be referred as the 'Mojo Guy' or the one who drives a Mojo. 'Duke Dude', 'CBR Guy' sounds fantastic in the meanwhile!
Old 10th April 2014, 06:16   #63
sal
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
I request Mahindra to reconsider the name 'Mojo', i hope no one would ever want to be referred as the 'Mojo Guy' or the one who drives a Mojo. 'Duke Dude', 'CBR Guy' sounds fantastic in the meanwhile!
Yeah, Mojo does sound weird indeed. But, with time, i guess the name would grow on people. Like initially when Karizma was launched, it sounded like "Karishma" and people didn't want to be the Karishma-guy, but the name stayed and everyone has gotten used to it. Guess same would be the case with Mojo-jojo !
Old 25th June 2014, 16:37   #64
BANNED

Mahindra Mojo 300 spied again, this time at 150 kmph

Read more at http://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-moj...-12122703.html
HyperRetard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:34   #65
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra Two Wheelers has said that it will launch up to four new products in India this year. Among them is the much-awaited 300 cc Mojo motorcycle.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:04   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra is going no where even if they launch 10 bikes in future unless they set right the After sales service. The service is pathetic for 2 wheelers. Ill equipped workshops, untrained mechanics, least bothered supervisors and most of all bad availability of spare parts.

The service centers in Bangalore don't have stock of timing chain, tensioner, mirrors, shock absorber springs etc. This is for their bread and butter scooter segment ,viz, Rodeo, flyte,duro which have 90% of parts in common. Everything needs to be ordered and you have to wait for eternity once you order anything.

If this is the state ,God save the customers who will buy the Mojo.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:35   #67
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has displayed the Mojo 300 at a dealer meeting indicating that its launch could be just around the corner.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:00   #68
BHPian

A close friend, on his Ladakh trip, encountered the Mojo undergoing testing on the hilly terrains. To me, this looks much better than the original design, and the twin exhausts complement the butch design very well. What is intriguing, is however, the fact that it seems to have a 8.5k RPM redline. Not sure, but that definitely points to an undersquare engine.

P.S. Is the Mojo really getting ready for launch or did they do a Ladakh trip to celebrate 4 years of successful Mojo speculations?

P.P.S. The slim guy atop the Mojo is my friend, Hungry Hippo.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1665.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1666.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1670.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1667.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1672.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-iimg_1673.jpg  

Last edited by dreamseller : 18th October 2014 at 11:05. Reason: Adding postscript
dreamseller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
A close friend, on his Ladakh trip, encountered the Mojo undergoing testing on the hilly terrains. To me, this looks much better than the original design, and the twin exhausts complement the butch design very well.

P.S. Is the Mojo really getting ready for launch or did they do a Ladakh trip to celebrate 4 years of successful Mojo speculations?

P.P.S. The slim guy atop the Mojo is my friend, Hungry Hippo.
Everything looks good, except the headlight part. Guess the test-rider too didn't like it much and decided to some transformer on the dirty visor
Old 20th October 2014, 21:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

What is the angular - triangular thing at the end of what looks like the frame's downtube? Is that the belly pan? Should that not be covered with a plastic shroud or something?
Old 20th October 2014, 21:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
What is the angular - triangular thing at the end of what looks like the frame's downtube? Is that the belly pan? Should that not be covered with a plastic shroud or something?
That must be the part where the twin exhaust pipes merge.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 21:47   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
That is the exhaust looks weird that the bend pipe has already rusted.
adityasiera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 11:48   #73
BHPian

Is it just me or the bike really looks puny for a 300cc? Mahindra is late to the party, though they had revealed the bike ages ago which was a segment first then. Now the performance segment is dominated by KTM and not to forget Bajaj readying it's 400.

Sorry to be harsh Mahindra but you are readying a tortoise for a hare race.

And what's with the name Mojo?!This is what urban dictionary shows up:
The word originally means a charm or a spell. But now its more commonly said meaning sex appeal or talent.

"I can get any girl if I just use a bit of the old mojo"

"Man, that girl has MOJO!"

"God help me, I think I've lost my mojo!"

Hope your "mojo" can mojo the market

Last edited by wheeledsoul : 21st October 2014 at 11:50. Reason: Punctuations
Old 21st October 2014, 11:58   #74
BHPian

I'm normally not one to be judgmental, and I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but good god almighty, that's an unutterably hideous motorcycle. Didn't even one person at Mahindra point that out?

If the Mahindra design department really came up with this, looked at it as a team and went "Yep, that'll attract the masses!", I'm convinced they must have all been on hallucinogens at the time.
Silverflash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 12:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

I must admit that this current version looks far better than the initial prototype displayed almost a decade ago!!

And with this amount of testing, I am expecting it to be one hell of a bullet proof bike. BTW. Do manufacturer's usually test their bikes in the Leh Ladakh enviornment? IIRC, this is the first prototype I have seen testing in that extreme enviornment. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
If the Mahindra design department really came up with this, looked at it as a team and went "Yep, that'll attract the masses!", I'm convinced they must have all been on hallucinogens at the time.
Hehe.. But, in my opinion its still better than the Hero designer who happened to draw two circles and some curves on a napkin while boozing and decided 'Yep, this will do!'

Last edited by man_of_steel : 21st October 2014 at 12:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks