Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 12:27   #76
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Do manufacturer's usually test their bikes in the Leh Ladakh enviornment? IIRC, this is the first prototype I have seen testing in that extreme enviornment. Please correct me if I am wrong.
On my last trip to Leh i saw Mahindra testing Quanto and Rexton. Seems they prefer that stretch.

Note from Support - Post edited. Please avoid typing with excessive dots between words as it affects readability. Quoted post also has been shortened. You can edit the content of the quoted post to reply to a specific point instead of quoting an entire post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th June 2015 at 10:22.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 12:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Do manufacturer's usually test their bikes in the Leh Ladakh enviornment?
I know that Royal Enfield and Bajaj (KTM) do. Probably even TVS.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 20:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

I think C5s fueling was tested in Ladakh. Apparently Keihin normally calibrate their FI only till 4000 m!

Regards
Sutripta
Old 20th March 2015, 13:16   #79
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has started trial production of the Mojo.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 19th May 2015, 19:32   #80
BHPian

Guys, I could lay my hands on the bike for a 100 km ride during their endurance testing (Don't ask me how!)

Here are my observations!

- The oddball styling has actually grown mature now
- Engine is very good in NVH. The bike I rode was 8000 kms old. Vibrations are well contained.
- 28 BHP and 28 Nm. May change.
- The bike is an attention magnet. Really.
- Cornering ability is awesome. Beautiful road grip and handling.
- Pirelli tires! Slurp!!
- Water cooled 300 cc engine.
- Mono shock rear
- Twin exhausts and awesome beat. Cool stuff.
- Ride comfort is good.
- Top speed (indicated) was 148 kms. (WOT at a 2 kms stretch)
- Pick up is very good.
- Tractability is excellent. Can cruise at 100 kmph all day effortlessly.
rangarx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 15:10   #81
Team-BHP Support

The Mahindra Mojo motorcycle has been spotted once again, this time in Delhi. It is rumoured that this is the production-ready version of the bike.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojo1.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojo2.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojo3.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojo4.jpg

Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 16:20   #82
BHPian

Oh. This bike still exists.

On a side note, the tail light has an uncanny resemblance to the eye straining flashing brake lights used dominantly by Bangalore cabbies, as well as on a few bikes.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 17:47   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Fate worse than Suzuki Inazuma's awaits Mojo!! No one in their right minds will buy either of them, IMO Inazuma is a good criuser, though a lazy one at that.

From price points, Mojo will have to be very reasonably priced ( 1,50,000 max) or it will look like a joke in front of the better and capable P200, D200, D390 and the likes.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 18:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

This bike, once launched, will be so trouble free, that even Japanese bike makers will come here as apprentice. It has been tested for so long, meanwhile Bajaj and Hero launched 10s of versions of Pulsars, discovers and splendors!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 20:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Fate worse than Suzuki Inazuma's awaits Mojo!! No one in their right minds will buy either of them, IMO Inazuma is a good criuser, though a lazy one at that.

From price points, Mojo will have to be very reasonably priced ( 1,50,000 max) or it will look like a joke in front of the better and capable P200, D200, D390 and the likes.
No offence meant but sir, those are very harsh and judgmental words. In that context then the Benelli 300 and the Kawasaki 250 should also be a joke and well the Enfield's ??? If you speak that way then none of the bikes stand a chance in our market. Yes, the Inazuma failed, but that is the case with every Suzuki offering except Access and Gixxer.

Mahindra is attempting something that no other Indian manufacturer has dared to do so early in their market footprint. The announcement though was too early and they are trying to rectify their mistake. Even the more experienced and well settled HERO underestimated the Karizma fraternity and met with a disaster with the newer version.

The way I see it, the Indian customer is finally being taken seriously. The model in the topic, may or may not succeed but the companies are forced to accept the biking revolution and not just concentrate on a flurry of 100-200 cc bikes. Lets give it a chance bro !!

Cheers
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:02   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
No offence meant but sir, those are very harsh and judgmental words.
========
Lets give it a chance bro !!

Cheers
M&M has to be appreciated for their attempt, because they dared to think beyond their rather successful centuro. That is what HeroHonda did in 2002 with the Karizma. I have owned a Karizma R and an ZMR and I can vouch for the fact that they were great tourers, except that they were underpowered by today's standards.

Making a good product and making a commercially successful product are very different in our market. I love the Tjet and Fiesta 1.6, but may never put my money on them.

IMHO mojo may be a great piece of engineering from M&M, but I don't understand which type of customers it targets. The relaxed mile munching guy will go for the RE, the boy racer will opt for KTMs, the skinny wallet will like to go with the Bajaj, tourers who like triple digit cruising will buy the CBR250s. But Mojo? It does not look like any of them. But that I just my opinion. From a pool of 25 biker pals of mine, not even one was interested in Mojo beyond its bhp and torque figures
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 16:25   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PrasannaDhana : Fate worse than Suzuki Inazuma's awaits Mojo!! No one in their right minds will buy either of them,
Never say never ! Mahindra has never been great on styling. Yet their products have sold fairly well. You may not like this one, and I dont. But some people's likes doesnt mean the same with sales numbers.
Old 1st July 2015, 00:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Mojo is that.. I can't make out in which category of motorcycle it really falls..

.. anyone?

Last edited by payeng : 1st July 2015 at 00:15.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The problem with Mojo is that.. I can't make out in which category of motorcycle it really falls..

.. anyone?
I think this could actually be a good bike for someone who wants to go long distances in relative comfort. The first rider to this however will be the price. I am assuming this to cost less than 2 Lac OTR. Apart from the RE, there are many capable tourers currently. 200cc has now fallen out of league considering the roads which allow one to cruise at 80-100 kph.

I feel that if priced right and if there aren't many engineering flaws, this might sell in good numbers. I know I am stretching this too far but Mojo can fill the void which Inazuma was trying to plug. We all know what the fate of Inazuma would have been if it was priced at 2.5 Lac OTR.
Old 1st July 2015, 10:06   #90
Senior - BHPian

Lets Forget all the Gyan for the momemt.

I just want to know, who wants to Buy the MOJO here?

Most Viewed