Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 23:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Indeed. The D200 goes to its top whack with no fuss and if the D390 carries that forward, it should be able to genuinely max out easily as well. And that means a lot of usable power at your disposal. And with all that flick-ability and low weight, this should be a hella lot of fun. At less than 3 lacs.
Just read somewhere that the CBR/F/X 500 top out at 185ish. The CBR400 series that might come here will not carry more than 170 odd on paper then. And that just makes D390 sound even better!
I've been reading a lot about the CBR400 off late. Does that mean the 500s will not be coming here? In that case its a no contest.

cc for cc no one gets more juice out of a motor than KTM.

You know when I was riding back to Pune from the IBW, a 1600 (?) Harley was most comfortable holding 140-150 on the NH4. So if a 390 cc bike can manage the same at around 9 lacs less, its pretty decent.

Just hope they have done something about the headlight. Its not up to the mark for the 200 for the performance envelope it has at night. For the 390 it would be frankly inadequate.
Old 14th April 2013, 03:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
You know when I was riding back to Pune from the IBW, a 1600 (?) Harley was most comfortable holding 140-150 on the NH4. So if a 390 cc bike can manage the same at around 9 lacs less, its pretty decent.
At the risk of taking this OT, I'd say the Harley 1.6L engine is not meant for performance and so is not a good comparison. It makes it's peak power at 3500RPM! That's not even the start of power band of our daily bikes (read as quarter liter commuters). In fact, it's more of car territory.

But yes, there is no denying the fact that the KaTooM has the most bang for buck and is the most exciting bike manufactured in India after the RX.
Old 14th April 2013, 09:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
At the risk of taking this OT, I'd say the Harley 1.6L engine is not meant for performance and so is not a good comparison. It makes it's peak power at 3500RPM! That's not even the start of power band of our daily bikes (read as quarter liter commuters). In fact, it's more of car territory.
Agreed. But a Harley is built for leisure cruising on arrow straight roads. And 1600 cc is still 1600 cc. One cannot ignore displacement in any internal combustion engine.

Quote:
But yes, there is no denying the fact that the KaTooM has the most bang for buck and is the most exciting bike manufactured in India after the RX.
Again some disagreement bro. Having ridden the RX (and the KB) a lot in my college days, I can safely say the game has moved on into another century (literally and figuratively) with the Dukes. Its just the smoky nostalgia that prevents most 2-stroke junkies from admitting it. Let the 390 come and you will find the same wistful comparisons with the RD .....
Old 16th April 2013, 06:51   #49
BHPian

Hi Niranjan. As i tell people please go through Team BHP forum before deciding on your new ride, i followed the same advice. As the saying goes that "Men get naughty at Fourty" i guess i am in the same time frame. So a few days back i decided that its time to get back a set of two wheels since it had been a long time since i had owned a yamaha RXZ 135. So as usual i started reviewing experiances by fellow BHPians. I found your thread crisp and to the point and yes it motivated me to go in for the Ninja. So here i am sitting on tender hooks after booking a 300 waiting impatiently for the delivery. Thanks a lot buddy.
Old 17th April 2013, 18:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I've been reading a lot about the CBR400 off late. Does that mean the 500s will not be coming here? In that case its a no contest.
That's what I am hearing Doc - 400s for APAC and 500s for Europe and Americas. Not very happy with that - the 500 at 3.5-4 lakhs would have been awesome, especially the adventure X version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
I found your thread crisp and to the point and yes it motivated me to go in for the Ninja. So here i am sitting on tender hooks after booking a 300 waiting impatiently for the delivery. Thanks a lot buddy.
Congrats on the Ninja300! Glad to have been of any help. Will look forward to your ownership and if possible, a comparo against the 250R. I assume from your avatar that you chose the green over white - was that driven by waiting periods or you liked the green better?
niranjanrvce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 18:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
That's what I am hearing Doc - 400s for APAC and 500s for Europe and Americas. Not very happy with that - the 500 at 3.5-4 lakhs would have been awesome, especially the adventure X version.

Congrats on the Ninja300! Glad to have been of any help. Will look forward to your ownership and if possible, a comparo against the 250R. I assume from your avatar that you chose the green over white - was that driven by waiting periods or you liked the green better?
Thanks buddy. I guess like "Coke" can only be in Red and white the NINJA can only be in GREEN
Old 18th April 2013, 04:35   #52
BHPian

Thanks for the comparison. What do you about the cbr in terms of touring and occasional commuter use? And any flaws a prospective buyer must know about except for the poor asc servicing?
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonmathews View Post
Thanks for the comparison. What do you about the cbr in terms of touring and occasional commuter use? And any flaws a prospective buyer must know about except for the poor asc servicing?
The CBR is perfect for touring and is quite easy to manage in traffic as well, so if you are thinking of getting one, go ahead! There isn't any big negative to be wary of.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
The CBR is perfect for touring and is quite easy to manage in traffic as well, so if you are thinking of getting one, go ahead! There isn't any big negative to be wary of.
Correct me if i am wrong but there are a lot of issues regarding rusting of parts and poor paint quality on the bike. Yes it is a comfortable touring bike but when you are spending over 1.5 L on a bike you at least expect top quality fit and finish.
Old 12th May 2013, 20:15   #55
BHPian

So I had replaced the ninja rear tyre with 150/60/17 Rev-z about a month back. The 150 was a perfect fit with enough space left b/w the tyre and the swingarm. See below pics for reference.

The bike feels even better around corners and it's much more difficult to get the strips off the edge of the tyres now with the very-rounded profile. This tyre is rounded enough on the Duke, but with narrower rims on the ninja it is even more so. I think the turn-in has become only *slightly* less sharp but that might just be in my head.

Posting pics showing the rear tyre and swingarm gap taken during a sunday afternoon's cleaning session
Attached Thumbnails
From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag08931.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0878.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0882.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0879.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0897.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0887.jpg  

From Honda CBR250R to Duke200 to Ninja250R: Quarter liter ownership story!-imag0890.jpg  

Old 13th May 2013, 11:07   #56
BHPian

Brilliantly written comparison from a longterm owner. I am keenly waiting for the launch of Duke 390. And your report makes me wait for that even more. Except for the wind on highways Duke looks like a flickable bike.
Old 13th May 2013, 12:14   #57
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

You think those Rev-z would fit the other 250R? What is the approx cost of the tire?

Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 13:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
BI am keenly waiting for the launch of Duke 390. And your report makes me wait for that even more. Except for the wind on highways Duke looks like a flickable bike.
The 390 should be much better on the highway with all that extra power. Don't worry about the wind, that's what gives riding its charm anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

You think those Rev-z would fit the other 250R? What is the approx cost of the tire?

Thanks
Yes Sheel, should be an easy fit onto the CBR. And way better a tyre than the contis. I paid 4k for it including fitting costs.
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 13:36   #59
Team-BHP Support

Thanks!

Is it easier to source from a MRF dealer or from a PBK outlet?
Old 13th May 2013, 15:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is it easier to source from a MRF dealer or from a PBK outlet?
Either way should be fine but your MRF dealer might be able to give a better discount on it. Unless PBK has ready stock waiting to be cleared off.
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks