Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:54   #61
BHPian

re: KTM Duke 200 - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Nandu sir, you've got a new bike?!!! Congrats! I came across the thread very late, but anyways nice to read that you've got a new bike and are enjoying it a lot! Looking forward to your travelogues with the new bike
Yes got 2 new bikes. Duke unfit for Ladakh 2 up, also P 220. Sold P 220 got a new Avenger 220 for 2 up, self and wife.

Ride starts 20th Aug.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 21:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Yes got 2 new bikes. Duke unfit for Ladakh 2 up, also P 220. Sold P 220 got a new Avenger 220 for 2 up, self and wife.
Hi,
Avenger pillion seat comfortable?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 19:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Avenger pillion seat comfortable?

Regards
Sutripta
Oh yes like a Rolls Royce
Old 14th July 2013, 22:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes like a Rolls Royce
Bikers can advise you better (I'm essentially a cager), but I did not find the Avenger suspension comfortable. No idea of the pillion though. (I don't ride with a pillion. And I refuse to be a pillion rider.)
Another thing I remember is that the Avenger locked up its front wheels too readily. If so, might be a problem on gravel roads. Be careful.

All the best on your Ladakh trip.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th July 2013, 22:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ride starts 20th Aug.
Sir jee,

Avenger 220? new? I hope it isn't loaded with a santro worth of luggage this time around like in 2007

Please ride safe - may not catch you in gurgaon this time, but please just take the absolute basics.

Carrying extra luggage is no different from carrying mental baggage - just strains and adds no value to the trip whatsoever!
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 14:34   #66
BHPian

Hello Sir,

read through the entire thread, you are Truly an inspiration for the younger lot (am 31 :-) ) like us, I too have settled in pune now and am awaiting the delivery of my TBTS 500.

I did contemplate the Duke 390 however decided otherwise to fulfill a long awaiting dream of owning a TBTS . Riding pillion was another criteria which made me go for the TBTS but looking at your thread and how Mrs Chitnis (Madam if i may call her) enjoys the rides really solidifies the Duke's overall appeal.

Would be an honor to meet and catch up with you someday.

Cheers & Happy Riding / Sailing
Jimmy.
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 11:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir jee,

Avenger 220? new? I hope it isn't loaded with a santro worth of luggage this time around like in 2007

Please ride safe - may not catch you in gurgaon this time, but please just take the absolute basics.

Carrying extra luggage is no different from carrying mental baggage - just strains and adds no value to the trip whatsoever!
Hitanshu absolutely agree and she has promised to travel light. Just tank n saddle bags, that is it.

Yes brand new Avvy "SUMMER WINE".

Yes basics. Following your check list as I did 2007 ride. I have that on my external HDD.

Rgds
Old 21st July 2013, 11:36   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Bikers can advise you better (I'm essentially a cager), but I did not find the Avenger suspension comfortable. No idea of the pillion though. (I don't ride with a pillion. And I refuse to be a pillion rider.)
Another thing I remember is that the Avenger locked up its front wheels too readily. If so, might be a problem on gravel roads. Be careful.

Regards
Sutripta
No worries about Avenger for me and my wife. I am not a techno geek what is suspension? I go by feel and instincts. We had zero issues in 2007 Avvy 180 cc, this one is 220 cc and rides like a Rolls Royce.

Rgds
Old 21st July 2013, 11:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello Sir,

read through the entire thread, you are Truly an inspiration for the younger lot (am 31 :-) ) like us, I too have settled in pune now and am awaiting the delivery of my TBTS 500.

I did contemplate the Duke 390 however decided otherwise to fulfill a long awaiting dream of owning a TBTS . Riding pillion was another criteria which made me go for the TBTS but looking at your thread and how Mrs Chitnis (Madam if i may call her) enjoys the rides really solidifies the Duke's overall appeal.

Would be an honor to meet and catch up with you someday.

Cheers & Happy Riding / Sailing
Jimmy.
Jimmy Pune. Good. Please attend SPECIAL KIRTAN for Bikers at my residence 03 Aug. Organised for all bikers so that we can ride safe to hell and back.

Rgds

Old 21st July 2013, 13:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Jimmy Pune. Good. Please attend SPECIAL KIRTAN for Bikers at my residence 03 Aug. Organised for all bikers so that we can ride safe to hell and back.

Rgds

Thanks sir, will look forward to meeting you, will pm you for the address.
Old 12th August 2013, 19:42   #71
BHPian

The Duke has been loaded and is en route to Jammu, Ladakh ride starting 21 Aug 2013.

The Duchess (Pink Tee) will ride on her SUMMER WINE the Cherry red Avenger behind the Duke.

Yes she has two bikes.

Rgds
Attached Thumbnails
KTM Duke 200 - Initial Ownership Report-loaded-ladakh.jpg  

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 12th August 2013 at 19:46.
Old 12th August 2013, 19:56   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Regards
Sutripta
Avenger is one of the most comfortable bikes for the rider IMO. Pillion gets the exact opposite treatment- 1. Due to suspension being soft and bottoming out while travelling 2up. 2. Seat being positioned so far behind the rear suspension mount.

Front brakes have a tendency to lock, true. But I haven't experienced this, personally, although I've done many small trips on the bike. (Being a bit careful helps since the bike belonged to a friend)
Quote:
The Duke has been loaded and is en route to Jammu, Ladakh ride starting 21 Aug 2013.

The Duchess will ride on her Summer Wine.

Yes she has two bikes.

Rgds
Happy journey.

I'm still not sure if I read it right! You mean to say, you'll be riding the duke to Leh, while she'll be riding the Avenger? Anyways hats off, enjoy the ride.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 20:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Nandu sir,

Heartiest congrats and salute to your eternal young-at-heart attitude.

Got to meet you ASAP and take a ride of the Duke. Next time I land at Amanora Town Center, I am going to barge in to your place.

Cheers,
Ajay

You have not barged into my place at Amanora. !5th Aug is open house at my residence. Do come.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Avenger is one of the most comfortable bikes for the rider IMO. Pillion gets the exact opposite treatment- 1. Due to suspension being soft and bottoming out while travelling 2up. 2. Seat being positioned so far behind the rear suspension mount.

I'm still not sure if I read it right! You mean to say, you'll be riding the duke to Leh, while she'll be riding the Avenger? Anyways hats off, enjoy the ride.
We tried 2 up on Duke, did not work. We tried 2 up offroading on P-220 did not work.

That same day I rode the Pulser 220 to Bajaj showroom sold it and brought a new Avenger. The deal was sealed in 1 hour flat.

My Duke will be ridden by my nephew who is bag packing in Brazil. He is a track rider in Australia.

I and my wife Medini will ride on the Avenger 220 cc.

She a grand mom, has worked hard on her fitness, dropped 8 kgs weight by Swimming 1 hour and walking 1 hour, 5 days a week. I have dropped 6 kgs weight.

This LADAKH bike ride, second time on an Avenger is her call, not mine.

At age 63, I am not at all happy riding.

I doing this for her, because I love her ....period.

Rgds

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 12th August 2013 at 20:23.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:53   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I doing this for her, because I love her ....period.
Don't have the age/experience/words to reply further. At age 27, my wife thinks a leh trip is hard in a car, forget bike.

Will be waiting for the trip log... Enjoy the ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks