Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 11:10   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. P

Can someone please confirm if the Con GT (pun intended) comes with tubeless tyres or do the tyres have tubes within? I recall reading somewhere (highly improbable .... but still) that the spoked alloys were the tubeless sort - ala the KTMs and the BMWs. Now that would be something!
Old 10th December 2013, 12:14   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Can someone please confirm if the Con GT (pun intended) comes with tubeless tyres or do the tyres have tubes within?
From the many pics posted, the tires on this bike look exactly like the Pirelli Sport Demon's. If so, they are definitely tubeless tires.
Old 10th December 2013, 12:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

They are PSDs. I remember reading somewhere that they are coming with tubes on the CGT.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 12:31   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
From the many pics posted, the tires on this bike look exactly like the Pirelli Sport Demon's. If so, they are definitely tubeless tires.
Yeah they are PSD's for sure Aditya. My question was whether they were being run with tubes within or not. If not, then I am adding those wheels to my parts shopping cart for my std 500. Would be great to leave the mandatory tube at home from the approx. 5-7 kilos of spares every Bulleteer carries with him while on tour (not including the 3 kilo tool kit in the tool box).
Old 10th December 2013, 12:34   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
I booked one on the launch day. Expected Delivery is April or May 2014.

How come so late? Cochin dealer has promised delivery in the beginning of January. Booked on the same day as yours.
Old 10th December 2013, 13:27   #216
Senior - BHPian

The Continental GT was on display at Teknik motors in Indiranagar, Bangalore. Here are some pics taken by my phone cam.

The tyres are Pirelli tubeless, atleast thats what the showroom guy told me. Aren't all new Bullets with tubeless tyres now? The brembo brakes look awesome in gold and white lettering. Wonder if thats compatible with the classic 500.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10-img_3370.jpg  

Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10-img_3371.jpg  

Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10-img_3372.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 14:34   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Aren't all new Bullets with tubeless tyres now?
Although OT here, will clarify.

RE Thunderbird 500 comes with tube type tires. Mahesh (ku69rd) has the TB500 and it's shod with tube types.
Old 10th December 2013, 14:45   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Although OT here, will clarify.

RE Thunderbird 500 comes with tube type tires. Mahesh (ku69rd) has the TB500 and it's shod with tube types.
True. They are coming with tubes even though the tyre is rated as tubeless. I believe the same has happened with the CGT also. If you ask me, this is a big disadvantage for a bike with rear disc(TB350/500) as each time the tyre needs to be taken out for a puncture repair. My friend's TB350 has faced many problems regarding the rear disc because the local puncture waalas doesnt have much idea about how to fix back (or even removing, in some cases..) the disc brakes correctly! And he says everytime the tyre is taken out for the puncture repair and put back, the brakes becomes spongy!

Saw the CGT in metal yesterday. Contrary to the popular opinion here, I found the bike to be pretty well built as per RE standards. Even on close inspection, I found the paint finish and the finish of various parts of the bike really good. Especially the clip-ons and speedo cluster. And one major thing I noticed was the alignment of various components. The headlamp-indicators, taillamps-indicators and alignments of the fenders over the wheels were spot on, unlike the other models(This issue was almost solved with the TB350/500 But CGT was better finished!). I was quite surprised and happy to seeing this! Some welds on the frame looked ugly though!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 10th December 2013 at 14:54.
Old 10th December 2013, 20:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
I booked one on the launch day. Expected Delivery is April or May 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
How come so late? Cochin dealer has promised delivery in the beginning of January. Booked on the same day as yours.
I booked the Conti GT a day after the official launch and mine is the first booking in Mangalore. The dealer promised me delivery in March!

Just wondering whether the seating position will be a pain in city riding!

This is my first product from Royal Enfield. Personally, after comparing to other products of RE in the showroom, i felt the fit and finish and build quality of the Conti much better. Hoping the engine will be more reliable than the current ones.
Old 10th December 2013, 20:37   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Mine is the first booking in Dehradun & the dealer says that the minimum delivery period is 5 months & told me to wait till April or May. So, have no idea of the delivery schedule.
Old 10th December 2013, 21:07   #221
BHPian

I don't understand RE Strategy, first create hype then launch in international market where the demand is very low. Then for the biggest market, which also happens to be home turf full of loyalists, first make them wait for months and then take their money and don't even give a ETD, a generic hyperbole 5-6 months waiting. I am sorry when I bought my Enfield a decade back, I got it the next day. I am sure the demand has increased in this time, but launching a motorcycle with zero inventory is either insane or amounts to hoarding. I doubt they would be doing the same in UK or other foreign countries
Old 10th December 2013, 21:10   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
The Continental GT was on display at Teknik motors in Indiranagar, Bangalore. Here are some pics taken by my phone cam.

The tyres are Pirelli tubeless, atleast thats what the showroom guy told me. Aren't all new Bullets with tubeless tyres now? The brembo brakes look awesome in gold and white lettering. Wonder if thats compatible with the classic 500.
I was there yesterday at Teknik Indiranagar for the 1st service of my bullet, saw it there. It looks great!!!!!!
Old 12th December 2013, 16:20   #223
Senior - BHPian

ACI have test driven the sporty motorcycle from Royal Enfield. Here is the link to their test drive report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-365625.aspx/0

Excerpts:
Quote:
The GT is quick, not quick enough for a 500 perhaps, yet providing enough oomph for the sporty classic it is, capable of cruising at 100kph comfortably, tachometer hovering at 3500rpm, as the big-single fires away with a steady rhythm. Pushed hard to its limit, the GT achieved an indicated 140kph on flat road in fifth, even racing to 150kph down a slight gradient with the throttle pinned open, surprising us to hold such high speeds over prolonged durations without much protest, other than a lot of vibes. The Continental GT powerplant feels unmistakably Royal Enfield, with tangible improvements, a relatively rev happy nature and improved top-end performance, thanks to lightened engine internals.
The GT motorcycle is easily the best handling Royal Enfield we’ve ridden to date.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 17:37   #224
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Cardeep. 150 kmph is a significant jump for any RE 500, even if it is on a downhill gradient. Especially if it can be held for some amount of time without something going bang or grrrrrrrrrrrr ..... and then tat tat tat tat ......
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:46   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
150 kmph is a significant jump for any RE 500, even if it is on a downhill gradient.
Yeah must be speedo reading.

Quote:
Especially if it can be held for some amount of time without something going bang or grrrrrrrrrrrr ..... and then tat tat tat tat ......
Hahaha and then clunk and see and feel hot oil suddenly all over your trousers!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks