Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 00:12   #61

Getting this thread up after a long time. But as i ahve had a bit of free time, i decided to do some "modding" to my bicycle!! As everyone knows, i am a BIGGGG fan of matt black! so, did this to my rims. Painted the spokes and the inside section black. Kept the Section where the brakes are applied as it was originally so that the paint doesnt fill up in the brake grooves.

Here are some pictures. The first one is before and the second one is after the paint.

The custom cycle thread!!!-image00076.jpg

The custom cycle thread!!!-image_087.jpg

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 4th October 2008 at 00:13.
Old 4th October 2008, 02:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Getting this thread up after a long time. But as i ahve had a bit of free time, i decided to do some "modding" to my bicycle!! As everyone knows, i am a BIGGGG fan of matt black! so, did this to my rims. Painted the spokes and the inside section black. Kept the Section where the brakes are applied as it was originally so that the paint doesnt fill up in the brake grooves.

Here are some pictures. The first one is before and the second one is after the paint.

Attachment 55785

Attachment 55784
thats a nice cycle but i did not know that they do need a air filter from K&N
Old 5th October 2008, 00:27   #63

Guys, Can i have some sugesstions on painting my bicycle? What color should the frame be? As of now, Matt Black is my first option!1
Old 5th October 2008, 01:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know about a cycle named "Trek"? Where can one get one (was told somewhere in Vashi) and what would be the price?
Old 5th October 2008, 01:46   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Does anyone know about a cycle named "Trek"? Where can one get one (was told somewhere in Vashi) and what would be the price?
Trek is really overpriced!! FireFox is Wayyy better. I have used firefox a couple of times and i assure you, it rocks!! And it isnt very expensive.. It costs what a second hand padmini costs.

BTW, Firefox sells TREK from their outlets. I think...

Firefox Bikes - join the trail! » Bikes

Firefox Bikes - join the trail! » Bike Station

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 5th October 2008 at 01:48.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:49   #66
BHPian

Trek bicycles are very good quality bikes. The Firefox people stock Trek bikes. Basically, it all depends on what you want to do with your bike. If you want to go riding early mornings, with no load except a water bottle, Treks are perfectly suited. Even Firefox, for that matter.

But if you want to do long tours, riding into regions where you can expect little repair support, these alloy frames are not the best suited. The chrome moly bikes, though hard to come by, are the best for this because steel is easier to work than exotic aluminium alloy.

But then, if you just want a bike for fun, look at the entire range, and choose whatever catches your fancy.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Guys, Can i have some sugesstions on painting my bicycle? What color should the frame be? As of now, Matt Black is my first option!1
Years ago, I had seen a brilliant blue bike, I don't remember clearly if it was a colnago, but to this day, that shade remains my favourite bicycle colour.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Lovely cycle Cyrus. Love the K&N filter sticker on the fork !! I am sure you can use an air filter around your nose. However, I wouldn't recommend modding the air intake system of the engine!! Have fun.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 6th October 2008 at 11:34.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
However, I wouldn't recommend modding the air intake system of the engine!!
...or the exhaust

J/k
Old 6th October 2008, 12:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Gogi sir,
I have been bigtime into cycling now,about 7-8 months.. and can give you more inputs. I personally know the thane firefox store owner-Jo
There are other firefox stores in Malad(have read bad reviews of the previous management..dont know about the new one after their renovation recently) and like you said-Nerul(I think the owners name is Happy)

You and all other cycling enthusiasts can check out Indian Cyclists Network made by another cycling enthusiast like myself.. and many of us make ride plans for weekends and holidays.

Infact just yesterday I did Thane-Borivali-Manori trip. 67 kms for me..
Please let me know if you wish to know more.. Its a fast growing trend and there all people from all walks of life taking to cycling..and dont worry you dont have to be a pro to give a start.. never too late..

you can check out some of my ride photos here:
Picasa Web Albums - Ren_V

will give you an idea about all the various bikes that are now available...

Besides TREK and Firefox.. Merida has also started retailing in Bombay.. and a store in Bandra.Personally between Firefox and TREK... trek rocks seriously.. firefox isnt bad either but TREK bikes are a class apart.. super lightweight..and great features.. of course the price tags are a different matter all together.

TREK 3700 cost something around 16-17k thats like the basic MTB model..
thereon come the TREK 4300 n TREK 4300D around 20-21k
Jo has a TREK 6500 which if I remember right costs 47-50k

Most Viewed