Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 22:13   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post

I will try to find out about the availability and waiting periods of TB500 in Kolkata and can help you more after you provide further details.

Cheers!
Hi iron head. I could gather this info today.....my bike has been booked at Austin Distributors pvt. Ltd. Kolkata.
I dont think it should be difficult to trace my order because this is the only TBTS 500 ordered from these islands as of now. The 1st one was delivered somewhere during last October November I think. After that was mine but not yet delivered.

The booking would not be in my name. It might be in the name of Govindamma and sons, port blair

So if you can help in any way I would be very grateful
Old 14th April 2013, 01:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
Dear RSimoms - Finally what happened?
PPS
Hey Praveen, how are you? When did you move out of RE? I was of the impression that you are still managing the social media initiatives at RE (twitter and Facebook), you moved on?
Old 14th April 2013, 10:16   #48
BHPian

Iron.head as you said can you find out whats the delivery period in kolkata for TBTS 500?

And I just got another piece of info. The bike booking wouldn't be in andaman address as i mentioned earlier, because the dealer is from kolkata.

So if you could just ascertain the delivery period of TBTS 500 I would be grateful. And some people say that TBTS is being manufactured in the new plant and so taking time as the factory has not despatched bikes from the new plant. Can this be verified?

Last edited by marinegopi : 14th April 2013 at 10:20.
Old 14th April 2013, 22:38   #49
BHPian

Hi All, I have decided not to pursue this purchase for the time being, I mailed Kumar and Sathish about this decision. You all had been extremely helpful during this, highly appreciate the same.

Regards,
Roni
Old 15th April 2013, 01:51   #50
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience: Booking an Enfield Classic 500 at the Bangalore Brand Showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Hi Leepower,

I have contact details (email IDs as well as phone nubers) of Mr. Dhone (owner of Dhone auto) as well as the RE Sales Manager for Maharashtra. Let me know if you need them. I can PM to you.
A quick email may help you...

BTW, as I understand, you already have a CI 350. Any reasons specific reasons for shifting to C5?

Cheers and happy thumping!
Please do forward me their contact details... But I am not gonna contact them anytime soon, I need to see how long this drama of the absurd is going to last...
On booking Classic 500... I still love my 78 Bullet 350 and my 74 Yezdi Type B... just wanted to add a new ride with more power to my collection. The plan was to use it only for touring, heck I even thought of riding from Pune to Leh in June... The original plan was to get in Jan, do a good running-in by Feb...
Old 23rd April 2013, 07:21   #51
BHPian

No help guys? Any idea whether there's a production delay for TBTS 500
Old 25th June 2013, 14:10   #52
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience: Booking an Enfield Classic 500 at the Bangalore Brand Showroom

I booked an Electra 350 Black earlier this month, Wait period communicated to me was 6-8 months, I have been calling them up from the first week onwards after reading so many people stating you have to be in constant touch with the dealership.

On 12th on june 2013 I was told about 110 people are ahead of me in the queue for the Electra, and on 24th June (Yesterday) I was told 101 people are ahead of me. Meaning they delivered/cancelled about 9 Electra's in 12 days.

I am very impatient and more than that I will not be getting cab facility anymore so will have to commute to work on my own and driving my car everyday 24kms (to and fro) will be an expensive deal. I don't know why such high wait periods exists for RE bulls, but then when i checked with a dealer in Hosur i was told max wait 2 months, and heard that in Chandigarh its hardly about a month or so, wondering what makes the bulls available @ Chandigarh quickly and not here.

It is going to be a tough thing to wait so long, even after the new plant has started, but then I was told only the 500's are made there, DS and TB 500. So the production of the 350's is still happening off the old plant.

Siddhartha Lal in an interview mentioned that the old plant was supposed to have a capacity of 2000 bulls a month, whereas in march end 2013 they churned out 12k bulls from that factory, clearly overloading the factory and the resources.

I am unsure if they even have the human resources to jack up the production at the new plant, since training them would also take a lot of time.

I guess they are taking it easy since there are so many bookings and people are ready to wait, however he also did mention that about 20 percent of the bookings are cancelled, which I guess would still not hamper them since they are seeing a huge surge in demand which even RE didn't expect in the first place.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:29   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Hi Leepower,

I have contact details (email IDs as well as phone nubers) of Mr. Dhone (owner of Dhone auto) as well as the RE Sales Manager for Maharashtra. Let me know if you need them. I can PM to you.
A quick email may help you...

BTW, as I understand, you already have a CI 350. Any reasons specific reasons for shifting to C5?

Cheers and happy thumping!
@ Bulletboy76- Hi bulletboy76!. I have booked my Chrome 500 from Nagpur and have been expecting my bike "next week" since past 6 months. Would you please e-mail me Mr. Dhonde's mail id and contact number? Would be of great help.
My mail id- sourabh.018@gmail.com
Old 18th December 2014, 13:24   #54
BHPian

Hi guys, I booked a TB 350 in August with a promised wait of 4 months from the Infamous Brand store in Jayanagar. After multiple visits and calls to the store, finally they asked told me that the bike is available and i can pay the remaining amount, which I promptly did on 6th of December. I was promised delivery after registration in 7#10days . I wanted to have a PDI done before the registration . I have been calling the stote literally everyday to find out the status. Even now, after paying the entire amount , they are responding that it might take some more time before they confirm where the bike is currently(They are not sure if the allocated vehicle is in the godown or store for me to check it out).Can someone please provide me contact information/mail id of the senior management from RE? It's really unfair for a company store to resort to these unfair practices . Now i guess this was just to earn interest on people's hard earned money.
Old 19th December 2014, 11:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karavadi143 View Post
Hi guys, I booked a TB 350 in August with a promised wait of 4 months from the Infamous Brand store in Jayanagar. After multiple visits and calls to the store, finally they asked told me that the bike is available and i can pay the remaining amount, which I promptly did on 6th of December. I was promised delivery after registration in 7#10days . I wanted to have a PDI done before the registration . I have been calling the stote literally everyday to find out the status. Even now, after paying the entire amount , they are responding that it might take some more time before they confirm where the bike is currently(They are not sure if the allocated vehicle is in the godown or store for me to check it out).Can someone please provide me contact information/mail id of the senior management from RE? It's really unfair for a company store to resort to these unfair practices . Now i guess this was just to earn interest on people's hard earned money.
Hi all,
I had raised a complaint on customer care website on 18 December regarding the issue. First thing in the morning on 19th I got a mail that the concern is forwarded to the concerned department and the manager - Mr. Praveen kumar will call me in sometime. And he actually did call me in a couple of minutes, ensured that there was some delay due to some reasons and things will be closed by end of the day. Also came to know that the bike was lying at the godown for a week 😠.
Happy to see that the managers are taking the pain to respond and ensure that things are taken care of. Wish everyone from RE would do this in the first place to ensure the brand name is not tainted.

Attaching the actual reply as well
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Enfield !!

Thanks for your mail,* we are advising our Brand Store Manager Mr. PRAVEEN KUMAR GV* located at Bangalore office(Contact Number is*98××××××××) will get in touch with you at the earliest & explain to you.

Regards
Rajkumar
Old 20th December 2014, 09:12   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karavadi143 View Post
Happy to see that the managers are taking the pain to respond and ensure that things are taken care of. Wish everyone from RE would do this in the first place to ensure the brand name is not tainted.
Good to see the positive response from the RE higher ups, I too had reached out to RE for help regarding availability of a part and they were very active in calling and helping me. It definitely plays against the perception that people have about the brand.
Old 20th December 2014, 10:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Good to see the positive response from the RE higher ups, I too had reached out to RE for help regarding availability of a part and they were very active in calling and helping me. It definitely plays against the perception that people have about the brand.
Hey Neil, although it definitely feels good to see the senior management peers working for customers' complaints, I always thought escalating the issues is more frustrating to us than the people working in SC. This has happened with me a couple of times.

Some 5-6 years back, I had to escalate the issues to RE-after sales, just to get hold of few 'O rings'!

I also distinctly remember complaining to top authorities of Suzuki, when the service centre did not do anything for a simple clutch/gear settings of my GS150R, in spite of sending the bike twice for servicing.

So the manufacturing companies need to focus on providing reasonably good after sales service in the first place.
Beco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 15:05   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
So the manufacturing companies need to focus on providing reasonably good after sales service in the first place.
Completely agree with you Beco. Good after sales service will eliminate the need for any frustrating escalations but at least RE gives us attentive and responsive mid management that helps steer the ship when it occasionally goes off track. If you read about enough people's automotive stories you will find one bad apple on the ground spoiling a test drive or an ownership experience thus turning customers away from excellent products. In the end the willingness to correct a mistake on the ground is what will dictate a company's fortune and I think RE is doing a good job there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks