Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 19:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Just booked a Ninja 300.... already having second thought!! :(

@blore_boy, what is the delivery period quoted for the Ninja 300 ? And what is the price ? It is strange though that the Bajaj website is not updated with details on the Ninja 300, making one wonder whether they are even selling it.
Old 21st March 2014, 19:33   #62
BHPian

May be you can PM and speak to Avinash [aviorp] , He bought the 2013 Ninja 300 and munching miles like there is no tommorow . I didnt read any such issue from his thread and all is fine at 8k kms.

His Ownership Thread : My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White

Last edited by BulZire : 21st March 2014 at 19:35.
Old 22nd March 2014, 11:12   #63

Hello again,

I thank everyone for their quick and positive replies. I even got in touCh with the Bajaj Probiking service manager and he to guaranteed that there will be no such issues with my bike and put my worries to rest. Though, he did agree that back in the October of 2013, close to 30 bikes in Beangalore were called back for ECE replacement; including the test bike and the issue with this one being irregular maintenance.

@sarsh11 Will ensure that the idle rpm is always maintained between 1200-1400 RPM.

@sriku I live in BSK 2nd stage and the service center you are referring to, is a 5 minute walk from my place. Will have them check for and adjust the chain slack accordingly.

@supremebaleno The delivery period I have been promised is 10 days. Hopefully, I should get it by the end of this month. Also, do not check the Bajaj site, instead check the Kawasaki India website, I would say that this site is a lot more informative. The price is 3.98l on-road, BLR.

@bulzire I think I will do that!! just saw his thread and I must say, he is having quite the blast with his N300. Would like to join some groups such as his and try out the bike on open roads.

Again, thank you all for helpful replies.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE BIKE!!!!
Old 22nd March 2014, 11:25   #64
BHPian

Hi b'lore_boy. As sarsh pointed out, it could be because the rpm was set very low or the bike was running on really bad fuel. It happened to me one time on my 250. Every time i tried to down shift, the bike used to stall. I suspected that some amount of water would've mixed with the fuel and that's making the bike stall. Then i noticed the rpm needle hovering around 900-1000 rpm. Set it to 1400 rpm and the bike never stalled again!!!
Suggest you test ride it again, probably at a different showroom and then decide. Just make sure that the idling speed and chain slack is ok.
Quality wise, the bike is top notch. No compromises anywhere! Avinash (avirop) is the best person to give you a first hand feedback about the 300.

Happy riding!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:12   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blore_boy View Post
Hello all,

Yesterday I booked a Ninja 300, here in Bangalore. Before I booked the bike, I rode the test bike present in the showroom and I happened to notice that while decelerating the engine shuts off, the moment I pressed the clutch in order to downshift. This happened twice or thrice and I din't pay much attention to it as it was a test bike and I am sure it has taken a lot of abuse and wouldn't have even been maintained properly. Even when I asked the sales person, he said the same and I completely pushed it out of my mind.

But, today morning, as I was looking the bike up on the internet(for accessories), I came across multiple sites that cited the same issue with the Ninja 300, to the extent wherein all 2013 Ninja 300 were recalled in the US for ECU replacement. The issue everyone faced seemed to be the same as what I experienced. This recall occurred towards the end of 2013, so I am surprised to face the same issue at this point in time. Is Kawasaki India pushing off the faulty ECUs in India!!??

What about the bike I will be receiving? Will it have the same issue?
Are there any BHPians who bought the N300 in the recent past? If so, have you faced this issue??

I would like to cancel the booking before it is too late.... So, please, anyone with info, I request you to reply.

Thx....
Hi Buddy first and foremost there is nothing wrong with the Ninja. Its built like a tank and purrs like a cat. I am riding one since it was launched. Shutting down of engine is typically an issue with the RPM setting. Believe me it does not stall even if you come down to 2000 RPM in 4th gear. Secondly the ECU issue was not related to Indian setting. Actually there were some bikes in US where starting the bike at -15 degree was an issue. Actually we have to laud Kawasaki that they changed the ECUs of all bikes even the ones exported to India irrespective of the fact that temp here seldom reach that range. So friend if you have made up your mind then go for it, I am sure you will not regreat it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...e-calling.html
My ninjette has already done 4K and has not let me down even once.

Last edited by sameer kumar : 23rd March 2014 at 17:15.
Old 5th December 2014, 19:11   #66
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

I was searching for smaller capacity inline 4 when I came across an article.
It stated that Kawasaki tipped to release a four-cylinder Ninja 250 in Australia.

A smaller capacity I4 sound mouth watering.
I wonder if Kawasaki plans to launch it in India.

If no, then why Kawasaki, WHY??

Link to the article.

OT : Why dont we have smaller capacity I4 or I3 in india?
Smaller capacity as in 200 to 400 CC engines.?
Old 5th December 2014, 20:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I was searching for smaller capacity inline 4 when I came across an article.
It stated that Kawasaki tipped to release a four-cylinder Ninja 250 in Australia.

A smaller capacity I4 sound mouth watering.
I wonder if Kawasaki plans to launch it in India.

If no, then why Kawasaki, WHY??

Link to the article.

I think this is due to the price constraibts in building a higher cylinder engine.
Take the case of a single cylinder vs twin cylinder scenario. The price difference alone is huge.
But if kawasaki do launch this I4 engine , and if they price it at some absurd rate then they wont get a large customer base.
Old 8th December 2014, 23:11   #68
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
From the late 1980s until the mid-1990s, the Japanese 4 did make inline 4 cylinder motorcycles in 250cc and 400cc displacements. The 250s revved to 20000rpm in some models and made 39-42hp, while the 400s went as much as 16000rpm and made as much as 64-65hp. There were Suzuki GSX-R250s, Kawasaki ZX2Rs , Honda CBR250RRs and Yamaha FZR250s in the 250 class and Yamaha's FZR400, Honda CBR400RR and RVF400, GSX-R400 and Kawasaki ZX4 as well, the last being rather popular along with the Honda.

The problem was cost - manufacturing 4 cylinder 400cc bikes cost almost as much as inline 4 600s, but the price differential had to be sufficiently large in order to keep selling 400s and not have customer "pay a little more and buy a 600". Their frames were not much smaller or weaker as racing needed stiff frames, and had high end kit like USD forks , twin discs , so there was practically little to save in material costs.

This is what eventually killed the 400s. Subsequent middle-weights have all been twins - Honda CB500, Suzuki GS500, Kawasaki EX500 Ninja.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks