Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 17:57   #91
BHPian

Re: Best Biking Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Look what I came across on YouTube! A Ted Talk by Sunny:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zUXnODyNEsU
Nice, thanks for sharing. I am an active member there, but stopped posting a couple of years back. I mostly used the forum for travelogues and meets.

Met Sunny, Avinash (monk) and Sunil ji a few times during the meets and track days. The forum was good for bikers with passion, but somehow only very few were active and the top people seemed disconnected (though well connected in person).
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:22   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
It used to be sort of vibrant a decade back.. find it quite dull now.
And sadly, DEAD as well. I took a quick look and see merely 8 threads updated in the last 24 hours.
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
I Stopped checking out xBhp about 5-6 years back.
It used to be sort of vibrant a decade back.. find it quite dull now.
Echo your sentiments boss, absolutely true & I'm in your league as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And sadly, DEAD as well. I took a quick look and see merely 8 threads updated in the last 24 hours.
And guess why? They refused to grow beyond primary school. Their philosophy is...
  • Someone who's interested in motorcycle come here (xBhp)
  • They learn from nothing to beginner level
After this, nothing. If you want to go beyond primary education, you got to change the school from xBhp to something else. So most people leave that place beyond 5th grade

Not blaming, not complaining, probably they're making the best of all the worlds being there & serving the community & ofcourse someone has to cater that need as well isn't it?

Like @Payeng said, it used to be bubbling with high energy & most of us were taking self initiative on offline G2G INTERSTATE meets for over a decade. Had it not been xBhp, I would've never, ever learnt rebuilding my Rx or a mentor (attribute that to TBhp as well).

It has become like RD350 now...once had a cult of SBK in India, but now it's all rusted without a refurbish

Last edited by aargee : 22nd February 2021 at 19:07.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:58   #94
BHPian

Exactly what everyone has been saying, Xbhp used to be a good place but now a bit dull or less valuable.

I quite liked their official bike reviews, amazing pictures and also tested on some good tracks.
I remember them testing the Duke on the Chakan track.

That said I always wondered why team bhp had such a vivid car section while only one generic 'Motorcycle' section.
I guess the number of thread contributors for motorcycles is quite less here.

I used to check the ownership threads on Xbhp as well but had to filter out through a lot of trash to actually get something valuable.
This is where our moderation rules, especially deleting the useless one liners help a ton, Whoever came up with that is a Hero.

I generally don't go to xbhp these days.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks