Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 22:21   #1
BHPian

Best Biking Forum

Well, we all know which is * T H E * best forum for cars. But, which is the best biking forum in India according to u?
These are my veiws on these forums-

xBhp- Was good earlier(2003-2004), but now is littered with newbies, and are mostly in cosmetic mods. But still the most popular, with mudslinging at its best

Rddreams- Nice mix of technical and OT stuff. Small but tightnit community. Basically a one man show, headed by one of the best tuners in the business.

Torquehub- A poor cousin of xbhp , not quite popular, but is still up there

Overdrive- Newbies, newbies and more newbies. Null technical stuff.

So, whats your choice?
Old 19th May 2006, 22:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by member
Well, we all know which is * T H E * best forum for cars. But, which is the best biking forum in India according to u?
These are my veiws on these forums-

xBhp- Was good earlier(2003-2004), but now is littered with newbies, and are mostly in cosmetic mods. But still the most popular, with mudslinging at its best

Rddreams- Nice mix of technical and OT stuff. Small but tightnit community. Basically a one man show, headed by one of the best tuners in the business.

Torquehub- A poor cousin of xbhp , not quite popular, but is still up there

Overdrive- Newbies, newbies and more newbies. Null technical stuff.

So, whats your choice?
Xbhp is still the best. I see a lot of young chaps there who just post 2 words each time. No contribution to the forum at all. Team-bhp comes second cause this is still more focused to cars.
Old 19th May 2006, 22:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

TBHP isn't just abt cars and bikes...its more like a complete source of info. From gadgets to technology, cars and bikes, a lil bit of sports, a few major events...everything.

Which makes it the best forum out there
karthik247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2006, 23:03   #4
BHPian

No doubt, t-bhp is the best there is. But this is for the best only biking forum.
So, lets take t-bhp out of this, as its not fair enuff
Old 19th May 2006, 23:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

xbhp ages back (almost 1.5 years bk) seemed like a good informative forum, but now is full of speculations of pulsator, 300 cc hero honda, cosmetic dhalda dubas and the works AKA CRAP.
rdd is great if you're into 2 strokers, but something about the forum that doesnm't make me log on too often.
infact even with bikes teambhp has got reasonable amount of quality discussions.
going to look up torquehub soon enough.

manson.
Old 19th May 2006, 23:37   #6
BHPian

T BHP is the best, i found more info on bikes and cars. The discussions done here will give the best results. FINALLY T-BHP IS BEST
Old 20th May 2006, 00:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

I accept Team-bhp is more focussed on cars and lesser content about bikes.
But, still i feel 'something is better than nonsense' if u know what i mean.
Old 20th May 2006, 00:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
xbhp ages back (almost 1.5 years bk) seemed like a good informative forum, but now is full of speculations of pulsator, 300 cc hero honda, cosmetic dhalda dubas and the works AKA CRAP.
Spot on. I dont want to flame but, there are zero technical discussions there. All the talk is about speculations and cosmetic mods. And the biggest joke is that it has 17000+ members with just around 100-120 active members. Just look at the "whos online" tab on xbhp and t-bhp. U'll come to know the diff. Also guys just want to increase their post counts there as if thats the biggest thing in the world. ull see guys with 3000posts + who have utter ignorance of bikes and just post" oh! so cools" "congrats" "sexy bike" etc etc. and Zero IQ discussion
RDD is one of the best, but lag behind today in the 4 stroke department. 2 strokers haven.
u should check out torquehub too, all in all an Ok forum. We need quality + quantity. The T-Bhp of bike forums.

Last edited by member : 20th May 2006 at 00:21.
Old 20th May 2006, 00:21   #9
BHPian

Team-bhp has got a good biking section. But there's more activity in the X-bhp forum and its purely into anything on 2 wheels. although nowadays a lot a mudslinging. I'd prefer X-bhp on the biking front.
Old 20th May 2006, 00:35   #10
Team-BHP Support

well xbhp has a lot more members than teambhp as it does not allow guests to view the forums until they sign up which teambhp permits.
the reason behind the above rule is the reason for mere existence of both the forums.

manson.
Old 20th May 2006, 09:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

bikenomads@yahoogroups and bajajpulsar@yahoogrps are good communities too - neither is restricted to any specific make/bike tho bp started out with the pulsar. There's good touring info, pictures, bike tech help. Very vibrant fora - obviously goes a little haywire like all places once in a while, but I believe these are responsible for lotsa people turning to riding long distance, and responsibly.
Old 21st May 2006, 01:15   #12
BHPian

They are good, but cannot be considered as forums. They are predominantly Discussion Groups
Old 21st May 2006, 04:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by member
They are good, but cannot be considered as forums. They are predominantly Discussion Groups
Umm, thats only a format difference. The core of interactions, user behaviour and intent remains the same (and this is acknowledged within user content oriented algorithms at where I used to work till recently).
Old 22nd May 2006, 05:11   #14
BANNED

Although the xBHP is infested with novices and no one is interested in serious technical discussions there, it's still the #1 when it comes to biking in India
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:31   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
Although the xBHP is infested with novices and no one is interested in serious technical discussions there, it's still the #1 when it comes to biking in India
you mean wanna-be biking, is it?

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks