Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 18:07   #31
BHPian

Re: RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883?

While in the US I have rented Harleys like Dyna Low rider,Electra Glide etc.... I would say that,if you get an opportunity to buy a Harley dont miss it.If you ask me what i loved about the bike ... It could be the sound, the vibration notes transmitted to your body, the smooth glide, the looks on people's faces and probably the Harley badge Just my opinion..
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883?-with_hjarley.jpg  

Old 15th May 2013, 22:18   #32
BHPian

Re: RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Obviously Harley Iron 883 is a much better bike all round but the RE's irreplaceable charm is still holding me back
That is what that made me run around for three months before putting my booking advance for a RE Desert Storm today. So I would say, stay with RE, Because of the INDIAN feel it has got and INTERNATIONAL recognition even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Kindly put in your advice.
I was initially quoted 4-5months waiting period, then a long mail to RE against the SA in the dealership and his attitude, which can be read in POST#17 in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ssories-2.html
Then the dealer himself - Mr.Muralidharan came to my home took an advance of Rs.5000/ from me, and told me that my Desert Storm would come by one month.
I told him "NO" because I had to arrange for upright payment and sought two months time instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Perhaps you should contact Royal Enfields customer service to see if your order even exists? If it does, they would be the people to ask why it's taking so long to deliver.
I did the same with my mail and I also contacted RE Marketing Manager-South and North Tamilnadu Mr.Karthik and Mr.Venkat respectively to inform them that dealer had promised delivery within a month, and they said YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
One cant compare the Ride quality of RE to HD, they actually are two completely different machines, made for 2 completely different reason
You are thoughtfully right. and These are made for two different personalities even

Last edited by narchennai : 15th May 2013 at 22:22. Reason: Punctuation mark left out

Most Viewed