Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:31   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Only worry is that, if not done properly it will affect the handling of the bike big time. But your post instills lots of confidence Bro.

Happy New Year Doc, hope you have a great year ahead.
Absolutely spot on. Its an expert job. Even a mm (or less) here or there for even one of the 36 holes, and you will have an unbalanced wheel with spokes breaking one after another.

Happy New Year to you too Mahesh. Let's look forward to a fantastic riding and driving year ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Yes the GT are tubeless tyres on spoke like alloys. Also we cant put a tubeless tyre on spoked wheels because of the air leaks from the spokes. My reason for putting in the GT alloys are for getting tubeless tyres. I am tired of 3 tube replacements in my TB (the only issue with my bike so far)
I'm not sure that's going to solve your problem bro. Those are mag-alu alloy rims with proper spokes - not spoke-like alloys. The PSDs have tubes inside, inspite of being tubeless tyres. Please check and reconfirm for us. I have asked around many times to many people, and they all confirmed this. No harm one more time. Again these similar alloy rims have been in use amongst Bullet racers for years now - simply to shed weight.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd January 2014 at 10:34.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:00   #347
BHPian

Congratulations of your purchase Ravi.

That is a great bike no doubt but somehow in my 2 years of ownership with the earlier TB UCE bike I was never able to develop the bond that I did with my 99 Machismo. Despite the Machismo being made by RE is a period when their production standards were perhaps at their lowest (and that means really really low). Perhaps it was the spongy boatlike front suspension coupled with the harder rear. Or perhaps it was the sterile riding experience. Or perhaps it was just that the Machismo 350 was my first bike and it was first love at 19. Now I have sold both RE bikes but I never seem to miss the TB. I do feel that I should have held on the the Machismo...
BowMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 08:05   #348
BHPian

Guys,
About a riding jacket from RE.They have 3 varients of jackets.I am planning to buy one.Which one would be the best pick? My plan is to use them for not only long drives,but short drives too.
Old 6th January 2014, 11:02   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,
About a riding jacket from RE.They have 3 varients of jackets.I am planning to buy one.Which one would be the best pick? My plan is to use them for not only long drives,but short drives too.
If your choice is from brand perspective (Royal Enfield), then I would ask you to stick to this (minimum price starts from 7000 for jackets).

If your choice is from usage / money spent perspective, you have a look at the Spartan Helios. [Less expensive more practical]
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 11:24   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My plan is to use them for not only long drives,but short drives too.
Pick up the mesh jacket for everyday use. If you are not too particular about the branding, I would suggest going for alternate brands like DSG Gear, Spartan, Cramster etc.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 11:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
If your choice is from usage / money spent perspective, you have a look at the Spartan Helios. [Less expensive more practical]
And if mesh isn't your thing, then look at Spartan Icarus or DSG Triton.
All 3 (Including Helios, I have one), are very well protected, CE approved KNOX armor all around and very comfortable.
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 12:21   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
And if mesh isn't your thing, then look at Spartan Icarus or DSG Triton.
Icarus is a full mesh Jacket.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:11   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Icarus is a full mesh Jacket.
Sorry, my bad.
I meant the Hyperion: http://spartanprogear.com/Men.aspx?m...t=3&typ=8&sc=2LINK
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 17:24   #354
J.Ravi

Blue Bird & Purple Cheetah

Now, my Blue Bird has the company of Purple Cheetah, the new addition in the family.

(6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 19:28   #355
BHPian

Re: Blue Bird & Purple Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Now, my Blue Bird has the company of Purple Cheetah, the new addition in the family.
Kudos Raviji; A bird and the Cheetah! You got lot of 'Power' in your garage Congratulations and happy riding + driving.
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 07:59   #356
BHPian

Wow!
You are the man.

congrats Ravi sir!

Quote:

white-rabbit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 10:11   #357
BHPian

Again on to the jacket.

I am not so perticular about the brand.I am perticular about the comfort,especially in hot weather.
Personally I like leather jackets.Which one do you guys feel will be better with lots of ventilation?
Old 8th January 2014, 11:19   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally I like leather jackets.Which one do you guys feel will be better with lots of ventilation?
Leather Jackets has good abrasion resistance but is worst for daily usage and city conditions. Best ventilation is provided by mesh jackets, and they come with a removable thermal/rain liner (or both) too so that you can use them even during cold/rainy days. As suggested earlier, you can have a look at Spartan Icarus/Helios/Hyperion Or Cramster breezer or DSG Aero. Personally I have found the Spartan lineup more VFM.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 11:37   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir,

Congrats and looking forward to another impressive forum on your ownership thread with the cheetah.Cheers !!

Jimit
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 16:51   #360
J.Ravi

Fourth Free Servicing

Just an hour back, I and Blue Bird returned from Royal Enfield OMR after completing the fourth free servicing. It was a routine servicing. Although the front fork oil was supposed to have been replaced at the fourth servicing, it was not done. When enquired, the SA and the technician informed me that they would replace front fork oil only in case of complaints or leakages. Since the fork of Blue Bird was free from any faults or leakage, fork oil replacement was not necessary. I was charged Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 4023
Size:  578 Bytes112 towards consumables. This was a new attraction in Royal Enfield OMR. I didn't pay for consumables for the first 3 free services.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-wp_20140108_001.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Congrats and looking forward to another impressive forum on your ownership thread with the cheetah.
Thanks a lot, Jimmy_u. I will start the ownership thread after completing the first mega trip to Gujarat and first free servicing.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks