Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 17:11   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

I am fully satisfied with the last service of my bird by Jaf.
Ravi Sir,
Any reason why you opted out of the Company Service Station? Thought you were very happy with the service especially after you got the replacements on time.

Was able to fit the Cigarette Lighter on the bike which was sitting on my window sill for nearly 3 months catching dust. Appears that I have not transferred the photos will post them shortly.

So far there has been no impact to the battery since it does come with switch.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 17:45   #527
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Any reason why you opted out of the Company Service Station?
The details are here, MK.

Quote:
Thought you were very happy with the service especially after you got the replacements on time.
The service manager, RE, OMR, was good until warranty period. When I had the battery problem soon after expiry of warranty, I contacted RE CC with a request to consider replacement of battery as a goodwill gesture; even, RSM responded favourably. But, I don't know what happened later. The SM was giving some vague reply even after keeping my bike for 4 days. The last straw on the weak camel's back was when he told me that he would charge the battery and give it! Then, I went there and rode back home in my bike. But, thank god, till today, the same OE stock factory-fitted battery is still working without any additional charging and without any issues. So, in my opinion, RE authorised service stations are good only during the free services and upto expiry of warranty. After that, it is going to be JAF for my Blue Bird.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 18:02   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ravi Sir,
Sorry to read your plight with the Service Station. Anything that makes your bike purr happily on those highways is good enough.
Am continuing my service at HSR Service Station in Banashankari, Bangalore and so far they have not disappointed me. Do know a couple of a key people in there and if you need help give me a shout and would be more than happy to pitch in.

Take Care.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 00:05   #529
BHPian

Folks, I joined the club. Got my new Thunderbird 350 on Monday. Somebody has rightly said that, every man should ride a bullet at least once in life. I am enjoying every moment of the ride. Here's the first shot.
I am planning to utilize the weekend to fit a crash guard, buy a decent helmet, fit a lockable fuel tap and also fit a helmet lock. Can somebody tell me a reliable and reasonable place in Bangalore where I can get and fit the items listed above. Showroom guy asked me to search in J.C Road, didn't tell me about any specific shop. Appreciate a response by Saturday morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_20140908_174625resize1.jpg  

Last edited by BlackBerry : 12th September 2014 at 00:27. Reason: seeking some information
BlackBerry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 09:13   #530
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
Got my new Thunderbird 350 on Monday.
Congratulations and best wishes, BlackBerry. I wish you and your bird infinite miles of ride with smiles.

Quote:
Can somebody tell me a reliable and reasonable place in Bangalore where I can get and fit the items listed above.
Sandhya Aut Spares, JC Road, behind SBI. It is located upstairs. There is another RE accessories store at the ground floor. You can get all the RE accessories at the competitive prices at Sandhya.

Old 12th September 2014, 09:35   #531
BHPian

Thank you very much Mr.Ravi. You have been a big inspiration for me.

I will try the shop you suggested. Just wondering how you know about the shop in Bangalore. I thought you are based in Chennai.
BlackBerry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:16   #532
J.Ravi

Bullet Baba Om Banna Shrine

Yesterday [17 Sep 2014], we visited the Bullet Baba Om Banna shrine located on NH 65 about 53 km from Jodhpur towards Pali in Rajasthan. We were to drive from Jaisalmer, RJ to Vapi, GJ. The direct route was the one via Barmer and Sanchore. When my son mentioned that this shrine is located on Jodhpur - Pali NH, I immediately changed the route to the one via Jodhpur just to visit this shrine! Please see here for the background details of the shrine. Here are some photographs clicked by my son and daughter at the shrine:

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5447.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5448.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5449.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5453.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5455.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5477.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_5485.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th September 2014 at 14:19.
  (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 05:17   #533
BHPian

Re: Bullet Baba Om Banna Shrine

Quote:
Yesterday [17 Sep 2014], we visited the Bullet Baba Om Banna shrine located on NH 65 about 53 km from Jodhpur towards Pali in Rajasthan.
Oh wait! I have never heard of a Bullet Baba. I was very curious and I clicked on the link. The following is the history:

Quote:
In 1988, Om Banna (formerly known as Om Singh Rathore)was travelling from the town known as Bangdi near Sanderao of Pali to Chotila when he lost control of his motorcycle and struck a tree: Om Banna was killed instantly, his motorcycle falling into a nearby ditch. The morning after the accident, local police took the motorcycle to a nearby police station. The next day it was reported to have disappeared from the station and was found back at the site of the accident. Police, once again, took the motorcycle, this time emptying its fuel tank and putting it under lock and chain to prevent its removal. Despite their efforts, the next morning it again disappeared and was found at the accident site. Legend states that the motorcycle kept returning to the same ditch. It thwarted every attempt by police to keep it at the local police station; the motorcycle was always returned to the same spot before dawn.
This came to be seen as a miracle by local population, and they began to worship the “Bullet Bike.” News of the miracle motorcycle spread to nearby villages, and later they built a temple to worship it. This temple is known as “Bullet Baba’s Temple." It is believed that Om Banna’s spirit helps distressed travellers. The temple includes a tree ornamented with offerings of bangles, scarves and rope. The temple beside the Enfield motorbike has a large picture of Singh.
For the past twenty years, Poonam Giri has maintained the temple and acted as priest.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_Banna
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:06   #534
J.Ravi

Saw this Royal Enfield Bullet Electra fire-bike at Shimla:

(3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 10:21   #535
BHPian

Quote:

The service manager, RE, OMR, was good until warranty period. When I had the battery problem soon after expiry of warranty, I contacted RE CC with a request to consider replacement of battery as a goodwill gesture; even, RSM responded favourably. But, I don't know what happened later. The SM was giving some vague reply even after keeping my bike for 4 days. The last straw on the weak camel's back was when he told me that he would charge the battery and give it! Then, I went there and rode back home in my bike. But, thank god, till today, the same OE stock factory-fitted battery is still working without any additional charging and without any issues. So, in my opinion, RE authorised service stations are good only during the free services and upto expiry of warranty. After that, it is going to be JAF for my Blue Bird.
Ravi sir,
I live in chennai too and have a 2011 model 350 TBTS. I have been experiencing starting troubles by both self and kick starters. Last time I had given it for servicing to Velavan motors at Gream's road and they said the problem was with the spark plug and it has been replaced. But my starting troubles continue. I need to service it with someone who has good knowledge and can solve this problem. After reading your earlier posts, I was about to take it to OMR service station. Would you recommend JAF now?
Thanks.
Old 5th October 2014, 17:43   #536
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Would you recommend JAF now?
Yes. I recommend Jaf to all the Royal Enfields that have completed their warranty period. Before going, talk to Mr Jafar Ali. His mobile number is the one shown in this picture. If there is an electrical problem, he would refer to his friend and neighbour, Mr Taj. Any spares required could be bought from the nearby Noor Automobiles.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-re.jpg

I wish you and your bird all the best, rama75.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th October 2014 at 17:55.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 18:05   #537
BHPian

Ravi sir, I see that you always service your bike in Chennai.. Why so? And which RE ASS is best in Bangalore ?
Old 16th October 2014, 11:38   #538
BHPian

Hi Ravi

I've booked a RE TB500 on October 6th and am expecting delivery in December.

Before booking, I read up on ownership reviews for the bike, and loved yours. Thanks for the deep insight into owning and running a TB500 - your thread helped greatly with my decision!

Warm Regards
Anand
Silverflash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 17:48   #539
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Ravi sir, I see that you always service your bike in Chennai.. Why so?
Because, my bird stays in Chennai.

Quote:
And which RE ASS is best in Bangalore ?
My bird visited the company-owned service station located at 68, NS Palya, 7th Cross, Bannerghatta Road, behind Shoppers Stop, Bangalore 560 076 for replacement of float valve under warranty. Another time, my bird visited HSR Enterprises, C 27, Rajajinagar Industrial Estate, Bangalore 560 044 for some minor free repair under warranty. I was fully satisfied with the service rendered at both these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
I've booked a RE TB500 on October 6th and am expecting delivery in December.
Congratulations and best wishes, Silverflash.

Quote:
Thanks for the deep insight into owning and running a TB500 - your thread helped greatly with my decision!
Thanks for the nice words.

Old 16th October 2014, 22:33   #540
BHPian

[quote=J.Ravi;3558083]Because, my bird stays in Chennai.

Oh! I thought its usually in Bangalore. Thank you for the information. I have booked mine yesterday so shall keep you posted. Honestly, your story has given me the confidence to go ahead & buy a RE.
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks