Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 18:20   #856
BHPian

Re: Silicone Grip For My Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
fully satisfied
Was this with shipping charges ? or that was extra.
Old 12th April 2016, 07:37   #857
J.Ravi

Re: Silicone Grip For My Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Was this with shipping charges ? or that was extra.
The price I paid included shipping. Yesterday, it was delivered by our regular postwoman.

Old 6th May 2016, 20:25   #858
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Ordered this fake Givi windshield from Aliexpress. It costs USD 23. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...514186515.html

Got the product but it was broken in transit. The seller agreed to send another one. It is a cheap but thick acrylic sheet molded in to shape. It is not a brittle plastic sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-ut8xbwqxj0xxxagofbxt.jpg  

Last edited by satish_appasani : 6th May 2016 at 20:27.
satish_appasani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 18:34   #859
BHPian

Dear bhpians;
I am planning to upgrade to a used thunderbird 500.i have previously used std 350 '94'model and '2013' 350 tbts.liked the ride comfort of tbts but power felt to be insufficient on highways.
Looking for valuable inputs from forum members regarding the criteria to select a good used 500 tbts.budget is around 1.3 max in bangalore city.
Thanks in advance....cheers

Last edited by shebin : 8th May 2016 at 18:36.
Old 8th May 2016, 22:29   #860
BHPian

Sir,
what saddle bags do you use? How is the pillion comfort with saddle bags?
Old 9th May 2016, 07:22   #861
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
what saddle bags do you use?
I use Cramster Stallion saddlebags, costing ₹ 2,700. The price remains unchanged from the last 3 years!

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06767.jpg

Quote:
How is the pillion comfort with saddle bags?
I used the saddle bags only once during my 12-day solo-riding of Golden Quadrilateral. So, I don't have any feed-back from the pillion on the comfortability. But, I am sure, my wife, who sits keeping her both legs on one side, won't be comfortable, that too, for a long distance.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th May 2016 at 07:32.
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 09:51   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Dear bhpians;
I am planning to upgrade to a used thunderbird 500.i have previously used std 350 '94'model and '2013' 350 tbts.liked the ride comfort of tbts but power felt to be insufficient on highways.

Looking for valuable inputs from forum members regarding the criteria to select a good used 500 tbts.budget is around 1.3 max in bangalore city.
shebin mate looking at the past motorcycles you've ridden it is good that you plan to upgrade to a higher capacity engine from RE. But if I were you I would not spend Rs. 1.3 lakhs on a second hand RE when one can buy a brand new 500cc bike from RE's stable after saving for a few months. Else make a down payment of the amount you've mentioned and go to financing companies to make the rest of the payment. May I suggest you to also look at the newly launched RE Himalayan, it is much more comfortable, user friendly and a versatile overall package. It catches speed faster while the engine remains smooth doing cruising speeds of up to 90-100 KMPH ideal for our Indian highways. The torque band is for sure the highlight of the Himalayan where it shines in bottom and mid range toque delivery making it ultra easy riding in city traffic as well as while doing off roading. The only difference is that the Tbird500 has already proven itself (which you can see from Ravi sir's thread) and elsewhere touring riders, while the Himalayan is proving itself day after day.

Remember both the motorcycles are different, the Himalayan is an ADV Tourer unlike any in its category in terms of chassis, pricing, engine and overall package. The best way to shortlist is to take a test ride of both the motorcycles back to back and then decide. All the best and happy choosing.
Old 9th May 2016, 18:03   #863
BHPian

Navin,thanks for the input.
Recently I checked out himalayan liked the bike.but I prefer the tbts looks and seating .
I can't stretch the budget at this point much coz of some pending loans.so selling and upgrading with available fund.

I shortlisted few good tbs 500 in 1.3- 1.4 range done around 12k range.before finalising needs to know anything specific needs to be kept in mind before going for a used one.
Old 10th May 2016, 11:02   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Recently I checked out himalayan liked the
bike.but I prefer the tbts looks and seating.
I got your point mate. Looks are very subjective and since your heart is set on Tbird go for it.
Quote:
I shortlisted few good tbs 500 in 1.3- 1.4 range done around 12k range.before finalising needs to know anything specific needs to be kept in mind before going for a used one.
Mate always remember that a used motorcycle will need thorough inspection both visually as well as while riding. Since the Tbird500 is EFi you need to be doubly careful how the motorcycle has been cared for. To start with:
1. Check all the electricals(including starter motor) if they are working(if the starter motor is shot then you might end up spending close to 10K plus labour and taxes, If the battery is shot you will end up spending close to 3K for a new one.)
2. Check the tyres for wear(if they need replacement it wont cost you less than 6K for both the tyres)
3. Check the engine for any oil leaks or funny noises. A little tick tick sound while the engine is cold is normal. It is the auto de-compressor at work.
4. Check if the gearshifts are smooth.

My suggestion to you was based on people spending 10-15K on upkeep costs of a (ab)used RE motorcycle after buying it. There are many instances of people spending on a used motorcycle due to some or the other issues. Whereas with a new one you have a piece of mind for two years as you have the 2 year company warranty to support you. Again if I were you I would wait it out and buy a brand new RE as I don't believe in spending 1.3-1.4 lakhs on a used RE when I can buy a brand new one by saving for a few months. But we all are different so you can decide accordingly.
Old 10th May 2016, 11:24   #865
BHPian

Thanks navin....your point makes sense.....If the risk factor is above 25k for a used one I need to rework my numbers.the new one is around 2.08.and here its looking at 1.5 range. Very close as u said.
shebin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 12:54   #866
J.Ravi

Blue Bird celebrated her third birthday on 15 April 2016 in hibernation, solely due to my unavoidable absence. During these 3 years, she visited 15 states and UT, viz., TN, PY, KA, KL, AP, OD, WB, JH, BR, UP, DL, HR, RJ, GJ and MH. I am hopeful of her adding a few more states/UT in her list in the years to come. It's time to indulge in nostalgia.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-collage20160511.jpg
  (8) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 09:18   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Blue Bird celebrated her third birthday on 15 April 2016
15 states in three years is a fantastic achievement. Congratulations to both of you. Says a lot about the rider and the steed. And what is the odometer reading sir? In 20 months of my Continental GT I have just about managed the three southern states and just about 10K kms...
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 12:29   #868
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
what is the odometer reading sir?
19,330 km. The major contribution for the odometer reading and the number of states came from my GQ ride. Thanks for the appreciation, Arul.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 08:14   #869
BHPian

Hats off to you and your Blue Bird sir. You are really a biker's inspiration. Have been following your thread closely for years. You have proved the reliability of a modern RE. Congratulations for munching much more Miles sir. Hope for a ride with you in near future.
VishJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 13:54   #870
J.Ravi

It's selfie time with Blue Bird.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_20160525_112532.jpg
  (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks