Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 18:19   #556
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I tried in vain to send a PM. This was the error message that was displayed on the screen:

Attachment 1311289
What a way to enjoy the bike sir! So nice to see that at this age, you still live life than most of us .

Sir, shaikhmimran is still a newbie and hence he cannot receive P.M.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 19:23   #557
BHPian

Great fan of your writing. I do own a TB 500 Twilight (have not named her yet as I am awaiting the coveted 2K mark, before I take her for a long ride). I have started to hear rattle on the front of the bike (near the shocks), even while idling the bike this sound persists, have you ever experienced it. I have to take my bike for her second service soon but wanted to know if it could be anything serious. Thanks in advance!
prasanna.vps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 21:01   #558
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Muzhappilangad Beach
Thanks a lot for suggesting Muzhappilangad drive-in beach, abirnale. I was planning Bangalore-Goa [Miramar]-Bangalore. Now, I changed it to Bangalore-Muzhappilangad-Bangalore. Let me see, when I will be able to do that ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
What a way to enjoy the bike sir!
Thank you so much, JoseVijay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Great fan of your writing.
Thanks for the compliments, prasanna.vps.

Quote:
I have started to hear rattle on the front of the bike (near the shocks), even while idling the bike this sound persists, have you ever experienced it.
Thankfully, I have not experienced the rattle. But, new Royal Enfields require re-tightening of all nuts and bolts. Ask them to tighten them in the second service. To be on the safer side, you can yourself check the front spindle nuts and pinch bolt on the RH fork are tight and well-secured.

Old 24th November 2014, 22:11   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was planning Bangalore-Goa [Miramar]-Bangalore. Now, I changed it to Bangalore-Muzhappilangad-Bangalore. Let me see, when I will be able to do that ride.
Been there, done that in a car, want to do it again

Please post before you make this plan. And who knows few more with their birds can join you! An overnighter should be a perfect thing to do on a nice weekend.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 07:22   #560
BHPian

The owner's manual recommends unleaded high octane petrol with more than 91. /

Sir, thank you for the quick revert. So basically I can save some money by filling up regular petrol from a good pump. And I checked again, my manual says 87 octane ( see pic) Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416880319.160406.jpg
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 07:49   #561
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Please post before you make this plan.
Sure. I will do that.

Quote:
who knows few more with their birds can join you!
Birds of a feather flock together. The more the merrier.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th November 2014 at 08:08.

Old 25th November 2014, 14:50   #562
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Took My Blue Bird For A Ride

Quote:
It all started with this.

I brought this issue of weak battery to the notice of customer care of Royal Enfield with a request to consider replacement of weak Fiamm battery with a new one as a goodwill gesture although the warranty expired just a few days back.
I am curious to know how many other RE owners have had this trouble.
My TB500 is 1 year+1month old and it has started showing signs of a weak battery. It just doesnt hold charge for more then a few hours (even after a long ride).
I am going to get the battery checked this evening.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:36   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer View Post
My TB500 is 1 year+1month old and it has started showing signs of a weak battery. It just doesnt hold charge for more then a few hours (even after a long ride).
I am going to get the battery checked this evening.
Queryanalyzer dude, I too have a Tbird500 Sep 2014 make. You can check my thread (Undying Hunger: My fifth RE Thunderbird 500) where I have mentioned about battery problem in my three week old brand new Tbird 500. The battery was factory fitted Exide make. My bike had run for all of 280 Kms when the battery conked off and I was stranded about 50 Kms off my home. I put the bike on a flatbed mini truck and gave it to RE authorised service centre where they "diagnosed" the problem to be a faulty battery. The battery was replaced with a new one and has been running trouble free so far. I have now covered 220 kms approx. total (500 kms) with the new battery and haven't faced any issues. Fingers crossed.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:47   #564
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer View Post
Last night, I rode my son's 2.5 year old Classic 500 and found that it is still going strong with the stock, factory-fitted OE 12 V 14 AH Exide battery. He rides his bull 20 km daily. I don't ride my 1.5 year old Blue Bird daily. Blue Bird goes into hibernation every other month. In case of Blue Bird, I suspect that its battery becoming powerless prematurely is due to less usage and more rest. Blue Bird's stock, factory-fitted OE battery is 12 V 14 AH Fiamm Wind. As on 20 Nov 2014 evening, Blue Bird's battery was alive and kicking.

Old 25th November 2014, 17:48   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Queryanalyzer dude, I too have a Tbird500 Sep 2014 make. You can check my thread (Undying Hunger: My fifth RE Thunderbird 500) where I have mentioned about battery problem in my three week old brand new Tbird 500....
Navin, I did see your post. Being stranded, now that's a bummer.
My TB though didnt have any battery issues until now.

Quote:
..In case of Blue Bird, I suspect that its battery becoming powerless prematurely is due to less usage and more rest. Blue Bird's stock, factory-fitted OE battery is 12 V 14 AH Fiamm Wind. As on 20 Nov 2014 evening, Blue Bird's battery was alive and kicking.
Gad to hear you didnt have to get it replaced.
I use my TB is a weekend ride, and in the last few months I have been riding her less often.
I did get the battery checked, apparently one cell is dead. I am going to get the battery replaced.
Queryanalyzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 10:54   #566
J.Ravi

Yesterday, I got Draggin motorcycle jeans and Knox knee guard presented by my children. Already, I have Cramster jacket and gloves. Henceforth, I will be safer during my long rides.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04330.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04334.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04336.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04340.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04341.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc04342.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 29th November 2014 at 11:00.

Old 29th November 2014, 12:18   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, I got Draggin motorcycle jeans and Knox knee guard presented by my children. Already, I have Cramster jacket and gloves. Henceforth, I will be safer during my long rides.
Sir from where did you purchase the jeans and can you please give me so details about how and where it is reinforced as compared to regular jeans ? Is it relaxed enough to wear comfortably after the ride is over especially during warm/hot climate ?

Thank you

Last edited by basuroy : 29th November 2014 at 12:19.
Old 29th November 2014, 17:41   #568
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Sir from where did you purchase the jeans
The motorcycle jeans was purchased online in Australia and brought to India by my daughter and son-in-law.

https://www.dragginjeans.net/mens/me...ypage.tpl.html

Quote:
can you please give me so details about how and where it is reinforced as compared to regular jeans ?
According to their website, each Draggin Jeans product is lined with a revolutionary combination of DuPont™ KEVLAR® and Dyneema®, the World's Strongest Fibre™. Soft, breathable, flexible and non-allergenic the Draggin Jeans lining is hugely superior to basic woven or knitted alternatives.

Draggin Jeans' patented positioning system ensures that each of the primary contact points are well covered. Inserted during the manufacturing process and secured with heavy duty stitching, the revolutionary lining is specifically designed and positioned to keep skin safe at all legal speed limits.

Quote:
Is it relaxed enough to wear comfortably after the ride is over especially during warm/hot climate ?
Yesterday, I tried it at home and found very comfortable. I have not yet ridden Blue Bird wearing this jeans.
  (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 07:21   #569
BHPian

Congratulations Sir. This gift actually symbolises your family's acknowledgement & support to your riding lifestyle. Its a warm gesture.
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 22:52   #570
BHPian

Ravi Sir, I wanted to know how your map my india is working with the solar charger set up. How long does it last? Does the solar charger gets charged during use as well? Any issues? Please post pics of the set up if possible. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks