Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 20:38   #721
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
So got my Classic serviced today.
The front noise issue was the speedo wire hitting the fender, it had actually taken a little bit of paint off too. No idea how to fix this as SA told me to not to tie it with anything or it may get damaged.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-front.jpg

Also got the rear fixed, tried to adjust the nuts as shown below in the pic but did not help much so brute force was used. My heart was in my mouth at that time.
The reason for this issue is (as per RE service manager) the left side saree guard is heavy and the fender tends to bend towards that side due to that. Also ladies use the stand to get on the bike so that don't help either.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-nuts.jpg Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-alignment.jpg

Also the answer to seepage was that it is normal but they have tightened the bolts and the O ring was also ok so used the below get to seal the joint more efficiently.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-gel.jpg

Thanks for all the help buddy.

Sorry J.Ravi sir to take over your thread a little. Congrats on your new battery
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:16   #722

Dear Ravi, what an inspirational read. I read this thread and booked a TB500 today on instinct. being 47 myself was wondering if I could bike at this age. Let's see January 1st week should get delivery. Thank you for sharing your experience. Happy Biking.
vtecker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:27   #723
J.Ravi

Battery Recharged & Fuel Hose Replaced

Blue Bird started chirping today evening after being in hibernation for 2 months. When I checked B Bird on the day-before-yesterday early morning, the battery was totally dead. So, got it recharged and fitted today morning only to find that petrol started leaking from the junction of the fuel hose and fuel pump inlet, when I turned the ignition on. On close inspection, I found that the fuel hose was cracked at several places. Called Sri Velavan Motors, Chennai, Thousand Lights service centre's breakdown service. Two mechanics visited my home in the afternoon with spare fuel hose and clamps. Since the clamps were good, they replaced only the cracked fuel hose with a new one. In the evening, I rode to and fro Marina Beach. Now, B Bird's health has returned to normalcy.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06478.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06480.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06483.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06485.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-maintenance12722.jpg

Old 2nd January 2016, 21:48   #724
BANNED

Re: Battery Recharged & Fuel Hose Replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
So, got it recharged and fitted today morning only to find that petrol started leaking from the junction of the fuel hose and fuel pump inlet, when I turned the ignition on.

It is high time Royal Enfield get their Suppliers list revalidated and revised for the good.

Either they are not reporting customer feedback on parts etc to the head management so they review and get better suppliers who give out better quality parts so that the reliability quotient is improved and is a peace of mind for the owners.

Off late I have seen quite a few BHPians reporting issues with piping or hoses.

Is it that difficult for RE to get a hose/pipe that can withstand temperature and abuse during the daily usage.

@Ravi Sir, Why not get a hose outside that does the same job but at a better quality? Any idea if we could get any outside? I know 310 bucks isn't high but the reliability of such hoses is too low and totally un-trustable.

IF one is setting off on a long trip like to Leh etc, the luggage packed must be filled with parts for the bike rather the human!
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:01   #725
J.Ravi

Re: Battery Recharged & Fuel Hose Replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not get a hose outside that does the same job but at a better quality?
If this is the quality of the genuine Roayal Enfield spare, I shudder to think of the non-branded cheaper ones. The same thing applies to the silencer bend pipe too. The details are here. But to be fair with Roayl Enfield, the customers are advised to change the fuel hose and the other hoses at every 12 k km. Mine has just crossed 12 k km!

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-hosereplacement.jpg

I preferred the friendly neighbourhood Royal Enfield authorized service station as the help was available with just a phone call!
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:01   #726
BHPian

Ravi sir, its good to see your Blue Bird back to chirping mode. Recently I have replaced breather hose upon seeing a crack and quality seems to good if I can compare it with the earlier one. Looking at the fuel hose pipe from your pics, I can vouch they are of different quality altogether and only time will tell about its sustenance.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 14:21   #727
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Ravi sir, its good to see your Blue Bird back to chirping mode.
Thanks, DragonHawk.
Quote:
Recently I have replaced breather hose upon seeing a crack and quality seems to good if I can compare it with the earlier one.
Even B Bird got her breather hose replaced in July 2015. The details are here.
Quote:
Looking at the fuel hose pipe from your pics, I can vouch they are of different quality altogether and only time will tell about its sustenance.
Yes. The vendor and quality of the new fuel hose seem to be different and better than its outgoing cracked OE counterpart.

Old 12th January 2016, 15:12   #728
BHPian

Hi,

I am posting here because it is perhaps the most active TB500 thread. I brought home my Marine Blue TB500 on Saturday and have absolutely loved riding it, in fact I crossed the 100 km mark in just a day. Hopefully I will put up an ownership thread soon.

However, my query is on top boxes/ rear luggage carriers for the bike. I want to get one to a) store the spare helmet (considering helmets are compulsory even for the pillion now) and b) use it during rides that I now plan to undertake often . Can anyone help me with understanding the various options and also suggest outlets where I can pick it up in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance

Parik

PS. Ravi sir I have followed your entire ownership story over the last couple of years and it has been truly inspiring.
parik_ind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 16:41   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
I brought home my Marine Blue TB500 on Saturday and have absolutely loved riding it, in fact I crossed the 100 km mark in just a day.
Congratulations on the Tbird500 mate, same pinch as I too have the same colour.
Quote:
However, my query is on top boxes/ rear luggage carriers for the bike.
Well there are limited options for rear top boxes in the market with regards to looks and capacity. I don't know about stores in Bangalore but here in Bombay these top boxes can be found in motorcycle accessories store. The most popular brand for top box is Givi which is made in India by Studds. Remember to opt for a slightly bigger top box which can carry your helmet as well as some light luggage. You can take a look at some of the threads on TeamBHP where riders have fitted these kind of top boxes on their Tbird's as well as CL and Standard. If you ride without a pillion then tail bag is also a good option, some of the brands that offer tail bags are Dirtsack, Rynox, Viaterra, etc.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 12:55   #730
BHPian

Thanks Navin. I will check these out over the weekend.

Parik
Old 14th January 2016, 22:37   #731
J.Ravi

Blue Bird Gets New Exide Bikerz Battery

Now, it is my Blue Bird's turn to get a new Exide Bikerz 12 V 14 AH battery of Oct 2015 make costing ₹ 2,600 at the friendly neighbourhood Mallika Batteries, Royapettah, Chennai, after exchanging the weak OE stock FIAMM Wind battery that served for 2 years and 9 months. Earlier, I used to kick-start B Bird every day morning as weak battery icon appeared on the screen inspite of recharging it once. The technician had warned that one of the cells was very weak. So, I didn't want to take any more chance and got the battery changed.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06492.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06493.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc06500.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-exidebikerz.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 13:11   #732

Got delivery of TB500 Lightening colour today . the first ride after almost 14 years was little overwhelming. Thanks to Ravi and other owners thread which inspired me to start biking again. Planning trip to Pune / Alandi from Mumbai tomorrow, and consequently the first service on Monday. Thanks once again.
vtecker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 13:20   #733
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecker View Post
Got delivery of TB500 Lightening colour today
Congratulations and best wishes for infinite miles with smiles to you and your bird, vtecker.

Old 15th January 2016, 13:35   #734

Thank you Sir 😀 have been dreaming of munching miles on the bull and here it is in real, hope I get used to the bike quick and start enjoying the rides.
Old 19th January 2016, 19:57   #735
Senior - BHPian

This thread was a good read. Booked my TB500 today morning. Wait starts
satish_appasani is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks