Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 23:51   #976
BHPian

Re: Ride Across India: Jaipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

I returned to the hotel, checked out and started my ride to Nagpur at 12:45 pm via Tonk>Kota>Shivpuri>Jhansi>Sagar>Narsinghpur>Chhind wara. I selected this route as it is fully 4-laned NH and I wanted to avoid the notorious Gwalior-Jhansi stretch. En route, I had two glasses of lassi for my lunch. before Tonk, had tea at Kota, got recognized by the petrol pump attendants at BP COCOO, Lalitpur, UP, where the bird had tankful in the up journey, had marie biscuits and nuts for the dinner, rode throughout the night and reached Haldiram's, Shankar Nagar square, Nagpur at 9:45 am. As I reached Nagpur too early to check in, I decided to have my breakfast first and then go to the hotel. I ate idlies and dosa, washed down by sweet lassi and reached The Nagpur Ashok, where I had stayed during my up journey too, at 11 am. This time, I did not remove the luggage from the bird. I took out my tank bag only, which had my undergarments set. I checked in without any problem and after a hot shower, crashed to the bed. In the evening, rode to the same Haldiram's and had my favourite chole bhature and sweet lassi.
Dear Sir,

I rode through Lucknow to Hyderabad via Jhansi->Sagar->Chindwara->Manesar->Nagpur

Between Seoni->Manesar there are no roads, it's a ghat section with for 40-45km of gravel and potholes, I passed through it late evening and it was horrible.
I was riding my KTM 390 and not the Enfield.

Could please tell me how you survived this stretch without a broken back or a complaint.

Unless they fixed that stretch, which they hadn't for 8 years.

All the bits other than that and at just before the Telangana Border were excellant.
Old 16th February 2017, 15:34   #977
J.Ravi

Re: Ride Across India: Jaipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Could please tell me how you survived this stretch without a broken back or a complaint.
I knew that Nagpur>Rukhad>Seoni ghat section is eternally bad as I drove via Pench National Park a couple of times. So, I generally avoid it. The route I took last time was Nagpur>Savner bypass>Chhindwara bypass>Narsinghpur totally avoiding Rukhad and Seoni. This route is a scenic 2-lane NH passing through the ghats directly connecting Narsinghpur with Nagpur, which is very good. Here are a some pics from the archives.

See here for more details.

See here for more details.
  (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 21:23   #978
J.Ravi

Ride Across India: GJ

In another few hours, Blue Bird will carry me to Ginger, Wakad, Pune as the first part of our ride to GJ. This is the first time, I have booked my accommodation in all the places before starting my ride. Also, I am riding with less luggage and without my laptop for the first time.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-gj.jpg
  (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 08:23   #979
BHPian

Re: Ride Across India: GJ

Quote:
In another few hours, Blue Bird will carry me to Ginger, Wakad, Pune as the first part of our ride to GJ. This is the first time, I have booked my accommodation in all the places before starting my ride. Also, I am riding with less luggage and without my laptop for the first time.

Attachment 1610353
All the best and have a safe ride Ravi Sir. I guess we will be missing your daily updates for this trip then.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 09:03   #980
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Ravi, wish you a very safe ride and an enjoyable one. I am looking forward to your updates and photos. Once again I wish I were as adventurous as you are.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 15:21   #981
J.Ravi

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
All the best and have a safe ride Ravi Sir. I guess we will be missing your daily updates for this trip then.
Thanks, JoseVijay. I can post the updates, using my phone; no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Ravi, wish you a very safe ride and an enjoyable one. I am looking forward to your updates and photos. Once again I wish I were as adventurous as you are.
Thanks, arulpeem. Here is my first update:

Reached Ginger Wakad safely at 2:45 pm today; me and B Bird left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 1:05 am today. Took a break for one hour for a sumptuous and delicious buffet breakfast at Sankam Residency, Belagavi, costing just ₹ 185, all included, apart from fuel breaks. Upto Belagavi, it was biting cold. Then, it was scorching sun all the way to the hotel. In both the weather conditions, I felt very difficult to ride.
  (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 20:04   #982
J.Ravi

Pune->Ahmedabad

Blue Bird brought me to Ginger Ahmedabad (656 km) at 6:40 pm today safely and comfortably. We had left Ginger Wakad at 5:30 am. Mumbai - Pune Expressway and NE1 are not two wheeler-friendly. So, I rode on the regular NH 4 and 48. NH 48 is a 6 lane access road to Ahmedabad. I enjoyed riding each and every mm and minute on NH 48. One word summarises: super. Missing such an access to Chennai. I didn't know that it would be super. Had I known that, I would have ridden on this road during my GQ ride in February 2016. I had selected the Godhra route then, assuming it would be just another 4 lane road.

I breakfasted at Vithal Kamat, Manor between 9:30 and 10:30 am.

I rode on the on the famous Golden Bridge, connecting Ankleshwar and Bharuch over Narmada. I entered Ankleshwar and exited through Bharuch just for this.
  (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:56   #983
BHPian

Re: Pune->Ahmedabad

Quote:
Blue Bird brought me to Ginger Ahmedabad (656 km) at 6:40 pm today safely and comfortably.
Hi Ravi, glad to see you've taken up yet another journey on your two wheeler.

I have a quick question, I'm planning a solo ride to New Delhi from Navi Mumbai on my RE Himalayan in the first week of March. The route I'm planning to take is Mumbai -> Vadodara -> Godhra -> Udaipur -> Chittorgarh -> Kishangarh -> Jaipur -> New Delhi. I plan to take a overnight break in Udaipur and continue the next day.

Is this route good or are there any better options? Also any tips for riding better on the Mumbai - Delhi stretch?

Thanks and best wishes for your ride.
maker_of_things is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:28   #984
J.Ravi

Ahmedabad

Today, I rode to and fro Sabarmati Ashram. 16 km. Majority of the riders in Ahmedabad don't wear helmet. Scant respect for the signals by the riders and drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Is this route good or are there any better options? Also any tips for riding better on the Mumbai - Delhi stretch?
You can consider the beautiful 6 lane NH 48 from Vadodara to Ahmedabad - not the NE1 on which two wheelers are not allowed - instead of the Godhra route as the former has better roads and facilities.

Quote:
best wishes for your ride.
Thank you so much, maker_of_things.
  (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:48   #985
J.Ravi

Ahmedabad->Bhuj->White Desert->Bhuj

Just now, I returned to my room at Hotel Oasis, Bhuj after visiting White Desert. Here are the distances I covered today:

Ginger Ahmedabad (dep: 8:45 am) to Oasis Bhuj (arr: 2:20 pm): 334 km

Oasis Bhuj (dep: 3:30 pm) to White Desert to Oasis Bhuj (arr: 7:05 pm): 182 km

The roads are excellent all the way. The last 63 km to Bhuj comprised two lanes. The remaining are 4 or 6 lanes, thanks to the Kandla port connectivity. The road from Bhuj to White Desert is newly tarred 2 lane road.
  (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 16:48   #986
J.Ravi

Bhuj->Porbandar

Me and my bird left Hotel Oasis, Bhuj after a filling breakfast at 9 am today. We reached Lords Eco Inn, Porbandar at 4 pm. 397 km. First time, we experienced bad roads in GJ. Upto Reliance Petrochemical complex in Jamnagar, the roads were excellent and 4 laned. After that, the road became rough, bumpy and uneven. I learnt from the attendants of Reliance pump at Jamnagar that the roads will be like that upto Diu.
  (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 16:25   #987
J.Ravi

Porbandar->Diu

My Thunderbird 500 brought me safely and comfortably to Golden Paying Guest House, Diu at 3:45 pm today. We had left Lords Eco Inn, Porbandar at 12 noon. 211 km only. Today's is the least km covered in a day in the entire ride. The roads are a mixed package, comprising the good, bad and ugly, the majority being the good.

Another UT, viz., Daman & Diu is added to the list of states and UT visited by my Thunderbird 500!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th February 2017 at 16:35.
  (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 15:29   #988
J.Ravi

Diu->Vadodara

I arrived at Ginger Vadodara at 2:30 pm today. 400 km. I had left Golden PG House, Diu at 6:10 am. I rode on the bad roads today, good being far less compared to the bad sections. As a consolation, I got the beautiful 6 lane road for the last 21 km.
  (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 21:28   #989
J.Ravi

Vadodara->Pune. 533 km. 11 hours.

Arrived Ginger Wakad at 8:45 pm today; left Ginger Vadodara at 9:45 am. Rode on the Bharuch - Ankleshwar bypass without any problems. The new bridge is ready for inauguration by the prime minister. There was a big traffic jam at Godbundher junction; took more than half hour to cross.
  (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 04:23   #990
J.Ravi

Pune->Bangalore . 848 km . 12¾ hours . 67 kmph

Blue Bird brought me home safely and comfortably at 2:30 am today. We had left Ginger Wakad at 1:45 pm. This section has achieved the highest average speed so far during this ride.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-gjactual.jpg

The ride is almost over except for the last, short and sweet stretch, Bangalore->Chennai, which I will do after some days.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st March 2017 at 04:31.
  (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks