Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 09:20   #1021
BHPian

Re: New MRF Nylogrip Zapper C Tyre With Tube . ₹ 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I too saw the new Classics with Zapper Q rear tyre at the authorized service centre, when I had gone there to drop and pick up my bird. Even, I liked the tread pattern. But, when I checked in the MRF website, the manufacturer recommended Zapper Q for Classic 350 only. For Thunderbird 350/500, Bullet 500 new and Classic 500, the official recommendation is Zapper C only for the rear. Secondly, I don't have any complaints against the stock OE Zapper C as it served me for more than 32 k km with just one puncture. So, I selected Zapper C over Zapper Q.
Sir, when I searched their website for rear tyre of thunderbird, I found ZAPPER Q right there in search result. Pirelli Sports Demon also fits but the price and a 10000KM replacement scares.

Anyways its always better to stick to the stocks if confused. So, going for ZAPPER-C. Thanks for the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Wow! 30K+ KMs on stock Zapper? That is incredible. Few queries as I am in market for a newer tyre.
  • Is the long life predominantly due to highway use or good roads?
Sir MRF tyres are known to last. My TBTS has done appx (ODO gone kaput) 40K KMs on the stock tyres. Front tyre is good to go for atleast 10K KMs but I 'll be replacing both.
Quote:
The tyre life is inversly proportional to the average speed.
As told by a 70 year old mechanic.

Cheers.
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 12:06   #1022
J.Ravi

Fourth Birthday

Today, Blue Bird celebrates her fourth birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day. Even after 32 k km in four years, my bird runs on stock OE clutch, chain, sprocket, front tyre, bulbs, etc.

On this joyous occasion, I present a video made with my new SJCAM M20 that I bought from Ali Express for $ 121.04 [₹ 8,181.96] including a selfie stick, remote control, wrist band, extra battery, charger and many more accessories, which were received as a registered parcel from Singapore to Chennai within 14 days without any customs duty.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-2017_0414_175640_005.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-2017_0414_180216_006.jpg

While the shooting took hardly half-hour, the post-production works like trimming, editing, uploading, etc., using MS Photos and You Tube, consumed several hours.

I sincerely hope that my bird would take me to many more states and UT in the years to come.
  (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 14:31   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fourth Birthday

Quote:
Today, Blue Bird celebrates her fourth birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day. Even after 32 k km in four years, my bird runs on stock OE clutch, chain, sprocket, front tyre, bulbs, etc.

On this joyous occasion, I present a video made with my new SJCAM M20 that I bought from Ali Express for $ 121.04 [₹ 8,181.96] including a selfie stick, remote control, wrist band, extra battery, charger and many more accessories, which were received as a registered parcel from Singapore to Chennai within 14 days without any customs duty.

I sincerely hope that my bird would take me to many more states and UT in the years to come.
Dear Mr. Ravi,

Congratulations to you, your Blue Bird and for your latest SJCAM purchase on her fourth birthday!

It's great to hear your Bird even after 32k kms has been moving along without any issues. Especially, after hearing of so many people complaining about the quality and other issues which continue to plague RE's. Any special care you have been taking?

Many years ago, I too wanted to purchase an RE, but when I spoke with a friend who owned one, he simply said "if you want to become best friends with the service centre people or your mechanic then buy one". Never bought one or thought about it again

Thank you for always sharing your stories with lovely snaps and now starting with video

Here's wishing you many many more thousands of trouble free kilometers and travel in future.

Warm regards
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 08:23   #1024
J.Ravi

Re: Fourth Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations to you, your Blue Bird and for your latest SJCAM purchase on her fourth birthday!
Thanks a lot, Cyborg.

Quote:
Especially, after hearing of so many people complaining about the quality and other issues which continue to plague RE's. Any special care you have been taking?
My bird had her share of quality issues and got some replacements under warranty, all in 2013.

1. Petrol tank was replaced as the stock OE one's inner coating started peeling off in patches. I hear similar problem continues plague Himalayan too. The details are here.

2. Fuel float too was replaced as the fuel gauge showed erratic readings. Here are the details.

3. The last, but not the least, the instrument cluster got replaced due to cracked glass. Please see here for details.

Even now, the instrument cluster shows inaccurate readings. The odometer/trip meters show the distances with +6% error. The fuel gauge continues to be erratic. I don't depend upon them. On long rides, I refuel every 300 km just to be on the safer side. The digital clock runs slowly and needs correction every month! To give the devil his due, notwithstanding these niggles, my bird has not yet broken down/got punctured during a long ride! It has always brought me home safely and comfortably.

Quote:
Here's wishing you many many more thousands of trouble free kilometers and travel in future.
Thanks again for the very good wishes, which are very badly required for me and my bird!
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:53   #1025
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

I have now been riding my TB 350 for 6000 odd kms now. I find that I cannot shift into 5th gear below 55km/hr. Below that the bike goes stuttering. That means for 95% of the time I have to go max 4th gear in city. Is that normal?
Old 17th April 2017, 17:03   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
I have now been riding my TB 350 for 6000 odd kms now. I find that I cannot shift into 5th gear below 55km/hr. Below that the bike goes stuttering. That means for 95% of the time I have to go max 4th gear in city. Is that normal?
If you are using stock exhaust then it might be an issue, with a free flow exhaust the bike generally stutters at this speed.
Old 18th April 2017, 11:44   #1027
BHPian

Congratulations Ravi Sir.. You are inspiration for many like me. Wishing you and your bird many more Miles...
lightpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 02:28   #1028
J.Ravi

Yesterday, I made another video with the handlebar mount and waterproof case. But, I am not satisfied with the outcome.

Thanks a lot for the compliments, appreciation and good wishes, lightpower.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th April 2017 at 02:39.
  (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 23:51   #1029
J.Ravi

Here is my new video.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-2017_0422_064235_004.jpg
  (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 08:14   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my new video.
I assume it runs on battery, what is the backup time?
Old 24th April 2017, 13:39   #1031
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
I assume it runs on battery, what is the backup time?
Yes, one hour. I have a spare battery too. It can be charged from a 12V socket too, while recording.
  (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 09:19   #1032
J.Ravi

My experiment with shooting videos with different mounts in different positions on different locations continues.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-2017_0425_064434_006.jpg
  (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 00:09   #1033
J.Ravi

Of all the camera positions, I like the chin-protector of my helmet the most. Of all the mounts supplied with my SJCAM M20, I like the clip-mount the most. Both ensure vibration-free videos.

(2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 14:36   #1034

Greetings Sir J.Ravi and everyone in Team-BHP – This thread initiated by you have made me add it to the list of favourites in browser and also in my heart.

A big salute to you Sir that you keep revving and write your journeys in such a simple way, Many thanks to you and everyone in Team-Bhp as it keeps my dream alive keep travelling encourages to travel safe.

I know its too late for this I just have couple of pictures of my rowonfield to show off for now, First one with the Hunk of my friend and second one with my princess.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-rowonfield.jpg  

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-rowonfield1.jpg  

rowonfield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 12:55   #1035
BHPian

Ravi Sir, I salute to your zest for travelling, loved reading your nicely written review, and the beautiful travelogues. I have a question for you, and all the thunderbird owners, as i am planning to buy a Royal Enfield, may be a Classic or the Thunderbird, just want to know, how does the matt finish of the engine, age with time, i hope it remains as it was new, or it develops stains or cracks, anywhere on the engine. I like to keep all my vehicles specless clean, and I dont like the stained look of the engine. I presently own a Honda Unicorn, 2010 model, maintained in showroom condition, but the black paint on the cylender portion of the engine, has worn out at a few places, though the crank case covers of both sides look as good as new. I hope this is not the case with the thunderbird. Please share your experience with the Thunderbird, thanks.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks