Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin

[quote=Collector;3109929]No Sir I am not a user of face book Is there any other way I could contact these gentelmen???

Hello,
There you go. Hope the luck rests with you till you complete the project. Wishing one from my side too.

Mr. Chandrashekar: chandrashekar.mohanram@facebook.com
Mr. Ajay: ajay.nande.5@facebook.com or 0712 224 1678. This is his home phone nr.
Old 8th October 2013, 01:19   #17
BANNED

Great to see a thread on the beautiful Yezdi.

Collecter-
Let me know if you need help in terms of spares for your 350.

Haven't seen a response on the progress in a while.
Guessing here that you have completed the restoration and are now busy enjoying the blissful ride.

Godspeed!
Old 9th October 2013, 19:22   #18
BHPian

As a matter of fact the restoration of the Y350 is in hibernation. I started to do the electricals/wiring etc but could not finish it as yet due to the fact that I have started working at a 9 to 5 job again. Now that I am the Director of The Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park I have very little time [and this will be the sceneario for the next year at least] to spend on the bikes etc.
If a ready made wiring harness and an ignition switch is available I would be extremely grateful to get them.have uploaded a few pics of the bikes current state.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00883.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00886.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00885.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00882.jpg  

Collector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 22:05   #19
BHPian

Dear sir,
I am one of the few original buyers of the great Yezdi 350 twin cylinder (single carb) bike. Bought it in 1988. Great bike! Would love to hear one again! (cant ride anymore, oh! the travesties of time!)
windiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:16   #20
BHPian

For all those who were following this thread. I started the Y350 engine today.Will take some pics and post tomorrow!!
Collector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 00:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector View Post
For all those who were following this thread. I started the Y350 engine today.Will take some pics and post tomorrow!!
Do Post Sir, I'm glued on to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Dear sir,
I am one of the few original buyers of the great Yezdi 350 twin cylinder (single carb) bike. Bought it in 1988. Great bike! Would love to hear one again! (cant ride anymore, oh! the travesties of time!)
Do you still have the machine
Old 15th December 2013, 10:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector View Post
I envy you Collector saab!, post some nice pics and a video with sound too, if possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Do Post Sir, I'm glued on to this thread
Do you still have the machine
I wish I had! But alas, she is long gone but not forgotten.
Old 15th December 2013, 11:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Though I am not very well versed with such things, I love this thread because it reminds me of life with my bestfriend when I was a kid. Till the age of 6, when I lived in Madras, I would stay at his house often. It was a small house on large expanses of farmland and in the ground floor, in one of the rooms, were a few Royal Enfields and Yezdis. I was too young to remember which ones but I enjoyed the trips we took on them to secluded beaches, to the market, into unpaved roads to find a good tree to climb Good memories
Old 15th December 2013, 23:25   #24
BHPian

Hello collector. I also am restoring a Yezdi. But my machine is way too small. Its a 175cc single cylinder. I am a resident of pune so its hard to meet and discuss about the bikes. But if the wiring diagram is same for all Yezdi bikes then I may havve it. Pm me your contact details if you're interested.
vaibhav amlekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 16:49   #25
BHPian

Some bad news. I had started the bike 2 days ago and after running fine for 15 minutes it came to a grinding halt with a horrible clanging coming from the engine. On opening it up found that a bit of the barrel had broken off from near the transfer port and totally damaged the piston as well.
Anybody out there know if I can find replacements???. Any leads/help would be most appreciated
Old 19th December 2013, 20:50   #26
BHPian

Sad to know about your little unfortunate incident. But there are many Yezdis in vashi. You can contact them via their facebook page. I also came to know that there are many new motorcycles there. I mean unregistered ones. Looks like they were preserved when the factory was knocked down. But if anyone still wants a new Yezdi it may be possible your dreams will come true.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:01   #27

Hi All,

Trying to restore this tread and check the updated status of Mr Collector's bike.

Also, looking for some info on battery charging system for the Y350 since i'm a new owner of one and have issues with battery charge. The bike is converted to CDI recently.

Brian
Old 27th January 2016, 15:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ammanna View Post
Also, looking for some info on battery charging system for the Y350 since i'm a new owner of one and have issues with battery charge. The bike is converted to CDI recently.
Brian mate as far as I know a motorcycle equipped with CDI seldom requires a battery to start. If you have installed a brand new battery then the battery problem can be ruled out. You need to check the electrical wiring and see if your CDI ignition is working. Pull out your spark plug and see if there is a spark while you kick start the bike. In case your battery does not charge at all then it would be a problem with the charging system wherein the alternator is involved. Get the alternator checked if its charging the battery or not. Good to know you have the very rare Jawa Yezdi 350 twin.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:46   #29

Thanks Navin. I found the bike after hunting for a while. Sharing a picture here.

Btw, the bike starts and runs well, just the charging bit needs to be sorted. I'm told there is no space for a larger unit and was suggested I switch to a 6 volt battery instead. Need to do some more research before getting hands dirty.

Also trying to source missing parts now.. hope to get hold of them all soon
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-yezdi-350.jpg  

Brian Ammanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 16:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ammanna View Post
Thanks Navin. I found the bike after hunting for a while. Sharing a picture here.
Awesome condition and an awesome bike mate. I absolutely love that Red and White combination. Truly Jawa Yezdi.
Quote:
Btw, the bike starts and runs well, just the charging bit needs to be sorted. I'm told there is no space for a larger unit and was suggested I switch to a 6 volt battery instead. Need to do some more research before getting hands dirty.
The 6 volt battery systems are notorious when it comes to charging itself while using lights, horns and other battery sucking electricals nevertheless get your alternator checked as I suspect it is not charging the battery. The same reason why I converted my vintage RE Standard Bullet 350 from 6 volt to 12 volt charging system. I am very satisfied with the outcome. You can use a small size 12V 5amp UPS battery if space is an issue.
Quote:
Also trying to source missing parts now.. hope to get hold of them all soon
All the best for your restoration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks