Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR300R in the works?

Is the baby-Ceeber too going the Duke way upgrading the engine retaining the same skeleton?

A pic has been leaked onto the internet showing a presentation of CBR300R.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR300R in the works?-166026_611794068849080_1059064500_n.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR300R in the works?

God only knows where you get your updates from but I hope this is true. I am thinking of buying a bike next year and I am torn between the RE 500 Green and the CBR 250. Having owned two STD 350’s over 16 years I know that the Bullet will always need a lot of attention and the Honda will require much less so. Now that I am married I would not like the better half to think I got a Sautan so hope that the 300 CBR is launched at a reasonable price soon.
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:28   #3
BHPian

Hope Honda does something to the design, it is one totally uninspiring and bland design they've got on this bike. Including the 150R.

The VFR inspired looks do no justice to the bike and I have never (personally) felt like taking a closer look at this bike anywhere!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, don't tell me.
I was about to book a 250 standard edition .
But if the looks and handling stay the same , then i guess there is no point waiting for the new one .
Hope we get some concrete information on this really soon .

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:31   #5
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2013 at 12:54.
kolimuttai is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th May 2013, 08:52   #6
BHPian

Honda already has a 300 cc mill in Brazil which is powering the CB300R naked version. They may use the same engine on their fared version ie CBR300 R . If that happens then they need to tweak the engine to a fairly high level to get it to the playing field of Ninja 300 . Honda CB300R is powered by an air cooled 291cc, 4-valve double overhead camshaft, 4 stroke and single cylinder engine. This engine gives about 26hp @7500rpm and a torque of 2.9 kgm at 6000 rpm.It is a single cylinder engine compared to Ninjas twin.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR300R in the works?-honda20cb20300r.jpg  

Old 6th May 2013, 13:13   #7
BHPian

IMO, makes no sense if the looks remain the same. Why should I buy it if its looks the same as 250, with marginal increase in power and costs minimum 40-50k more. Where is the VF my hard earned money ?

Other way round Honda should rightly space up their products so that customer have logical reasons for upgrades instead of launching upgrades for namesake.

I am due for an upgrade next year and this will NOT be an option if the OP is true.
Old 6th May 2013, 13:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

My guess is, this could be a replacement of the CBR250 in the Indian market, just like it happened with the Ninja. Moreover, seeing the production start / launch date mentioned in the slide - September, 2013 - this could be launched in January 2014 as an all new model.

As far as the looks are concerned, this is most probably only a representation using the picture of the existing bike. Honda wouldn't want to reveal the final looks so much in advance. In any case, after seeing the new range of 400s and 500s that Honda has released, I wouldn't expect anything drastically different. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Last edited by Viju : 6th May 2013 at 13:34. Reason: Typos.
Old 6th May 2013, 22:09   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hope Honda does something to the design, it is one totally uninspiring and bland design they've got on this bike. Including the 150R.

The VFR inspired looks do no justice to the bike and I have never (personally) felt like taking a closer look at this bike anywhere!
I own & ride the 250R & save for the rear 3 quarter looks, I find the design uninspiring. Appears proper from the saddle though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
But if the looks and handling stay the same , then i guess there is no point waiting for the new one .
The other contenders are priced close to 3L. This one costs 1L less. I don't think there is any competition. Those who could afford, go ahead & buy the Ninja 250R & now the 300R (costing a cool, almost 2L more, the cost of a CBR-250R)

Yes, the KTM-200/390 would make sense if you want a handler & a naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
As far as the looks are concerned, this is most probably only a representation using the picture of the existing bike. Honda wouldn't want to reveal the final looks so much in advance.
They would have done better had they released a sketch. That is what most manufacturers (including Honda) do.
Quote:
In any case, after seeing the new range of 400s and 500s that Honda has released, I wouldn't expect anything drastically different. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Save for the 600F, I find the other 400/500's very uninspiring. But believe they are built for a purpose & that purpose is not to be hammered at a track day in & day out. Those are very good upgrade to the CBR-250R.

I find the CBR-250R comfortable to ride inside city. Thanks to its handling & ride-ability because of torque available low down. Everywhere else, all bikes in that price segment have an advantage.

OT - And just a month back, a CBR-250R did the GQ in a slight over 90 hours.
Old 6th May 2013, 22:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

The other contenders are priced close to 3L. This one costs 1L less. I don't think there is any competition. Those who could afford, go ahead & buy the Ninja 250R & now the 300R (costing a cool, almost 2L more, the cost of a CBR-250R)

Yes, the KTM-200/390 would make sense if you want a handler & a naked.
Yup, that's a very valid point .
This amount can be easily used to buy some high quality safety gears .
Also I feel, one who will buy ninja might not be using their bikes for daily use or office commute .
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike .

Quote:

I find the CBR-250R comfortable to ride inside city. Thanks to its handling & ride-ability because of torque available low down. Everywhere else, all bikes in that price segment have an advantage.

OT - And just a month back, a CBR-250R did the GQ in a slight over 90 hours.
I think this is also one more reason why lot of people are going for CBR .
As I plan to use it for daily commute, a comfortable ride will always be welcome rather than a track like performance .
But the extra power will always come in handy :-) .

Cheers
Old 7th May 2013, 08:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks to its ride-quality & ride-ability
Corrected & apologies for that.

Should have read as ride comfort. It has got good, supple ride compared to R15/KTM & the Ninja.

Quote:
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike
Its a fine commuter, say a bigger Karizma & you get the picture.
Quote:
I think this is also one more reason why lot of people are going for CBR .
As I plan to use it for daily commute, a comfortable ride will always be welcome rather than a track like performance .

Quote:
But the extra power will always come in handy :-) .
More power is never enough, else who would dyno a S1000RR & add turbo to a Hayabusa.
Old 7th May 2013, 09:05   #12
BHPian

Seeing how the market is evolving at this point of time i doubt that Honda would bring out a radically new design for the 300. They already have a 150, 250, 400, 500 in the market and the engine for the 400 has just been developed not very long back. And now developing a new 300cc engine ??? I personally think that they would only rebore the 250 cc engine and relaunch it by discontinuing the 250 cc mill. As far as the styling is concerned they may borrow a few designs from its older siblings. And if they retain the 250cc design then we all know the inherent cosmetic problems associated with the bikes being manufactured in India. Again if the 250 /300 has to be seen as a daily commuting bike then i think its better to go in for the sub 1 lakh bikes which are most suited for the purpose. Any bike over 250 cc should be in the sports bike category and should be reviewed and criticized accordingly. Grading these sports bikes for their daily commuting abilities surpassing their sports performance would be a little too unfair to these machines.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 09:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Any bike over 250 cc should be in the sports bike category and should be reviewed and criticized accordingly. Grading these sports bikes for their daily commuting abilities surpassing their sports performance would be a little too unfair to these machines.

Sameer - Your post makes a lot of sense

In essence, the CBR 250R is a very good commuter, believe when I say that. It is no slouch by any means but if given a choice between a R15 & CBR 250R for commuting, I would pick the later. For recreational riding, the former.

The other 250's are proper Sports Bike having a twin cylinder set-up.

And what you say is true, there is no need to dilute a 250 & above Motorcycle. But then the 250R is almost the best of both worlds.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 10:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Also I feel, one who will buy ninja might not be using their bikes for daily use or office commute .
But I have seen a lot many people using CBR as their daily commute bike .
Cheers
Supriyo bhai, a CBR would suit you well if you want a comfortable yet powerful daily commute. I would have recommended the Duke but it might feel a tad small given your height and built. It might still be worth a test ride though - let me know if you want a longish one on mine.

Agree on the ninja point, although I use mine as the daily commute
Old 7th May 2013, 11:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure when you get the user feedback and reviews from Ninja 300 owners you will be surprised that Kawasaki has done such a fabulous job with the seating position, lower end grunt and taller gear ratios that the 300 has become more of a sports tourer bike and a good city rider too. With higher clip-on handles the bike can easily be used for daily commuting. Yes the Honda scores over the ninja hands down over the seat riding comfort, but with some mods that too can be handled on the Ninja.

Last edited by sameer kumar : 7th May 2013 at 11:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks