Team-BHP - SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/136174-scoop-new-tvs-scooter-spotted-testing-update-tvs-jupiter-launched.html)

Spy pictures of what appears to be another full size automatic scooter from TVS Motors undergoing testing in Bengaluru have been posted on autocarindia.com. The new scooter appears to be surprisingly similar to Honda's Activa which remains the segment leader. The newest offering from TVS comes with tyres with an aggressive looking tread pattern on black alloy wheels (likely to be optional along with front discs) and comes with telescopic front shock absorbers. According to the website the new scooter in all likelihood, will share stablemate Wego's refined and efficient engine.

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20130509065201_tvs_scoop1-copy.jpg

TVS has seen its scooters sales slip to 29,692 units in the month of April. The company had sold 35,833 units in the same month, last year. At the time of the launch of the Wego in 2010, TVS had targeted scooter sales of 40,000 units a month.

More pics of the new TVS Scooter also appeared on motorcycle website xbhp.com

The new TVS comes with what appear to be 12" alloy wheels which would provide the scooter with good handling and ride quality. An innovative feature is the fuel filler cap which is just above the tailight. The scooter sported temporary registration (Tamil Nadu).

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-09052013324-copy.jpg

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-tvs-new-scooter-4-copy.jpg

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-tvs-new-scooter-copy.jpg

What is the bottle like thing hanging at the back with pipe attached? What is it for?

it is used for petrol measure. helps to calculate efficiency/mileage.

Thanks @Redline6800, I believe it is the 125cc Male Scooter that TVS has planned to sit above the Wego. This would compete with Suzuki twins & Vespa (it is a class higher) & upcoming 125cc Male Scooter from Yamaha.

But, I hope it offers front Disc brakes as option, as it is a necessity, considering the scooters getting more powerful.

Saw a TVS gearless scooter test mule near sony signal koramangala.

Why companies are not coming up with a performance oriented scooter with 150cc or more engine capacity? Is it the mileage factor holding them back. I have seen there is a gap of performance scooters in India, still remember the kinetic Italiano series with 165 cc capacity. Dreaming of something like Honda ruckus will be introduced in India in near future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiju.dba (Post 3119274)
Why companies are not coming up with a performance oriented scooter with 150cc or more engine capacity? Is it the mileage factor holding them back. I have seen there is a gap of performance scooters in India, still remember the kinetic Italiano series with 165 cc capacity. Dreaming of something like Honda ruckus will be introduced in India in near future.

Kinetic 165cc scooter was very potent and cool looking too, but its reviews are shocking. I hope we can get similar powerful scooters with good reliability, preferably from Honda/Suzuki/TVS stable.

I do not think many potential scooter buyers would look at powerful machines. Most of the scooter buying segment is looking for an easy to use drive than a tourer. Also powerful scooters would be priced very close to similar powered bikes, which would mean many would again choose a bike, as scooters are generally less fuel efficient compared to the bikes with similar engines.
For example, we can expect 45Kmpl from an 100cc scooter, but the same 100cc bike offers 65+kmpl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiju.dba (Post 3119255)
Saw a TVS gearless scooter test mule near sony signal koramangala.

A test mule with Permanent Plates? Something doesn't Gel here! And have the colour of Autos changed in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boohooper (Post 3125743)
A test mule with Permanent Plates? Something doesn't Gel here! And have the colour of Autos changed in Bangalore?

Dont know how to convince you on plates. Auto color and all. Snap took by me on my mobile on wayback to home. Venue sony signal koramangala.

I saw it at a TVS dealer, totally uncovered. I was told that it has been received around 10 days back and it is named Jupiter.

The scooter looked rather nice and bigger than wego. The specifications were unknown.

If the Jupiter is bigger than the Wego, then wonder how much they are going to price it over the Wego, as of now, the Wego with discs is one of the costliest scooters around. They could have got a maxi-scooter in and started off an all new segment, maybe Yamaha is going to beat them to it

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock75 (Post 3231771)
I saw it at a TVS dealer, totally uncovered. I was told that it has been received around 10 days back and it is named Jupiter.

The scooter looked rather nice and bigger than wego. The specifications were unknown.

Is this scooter (Jupiter) launch ready? If so, could you please snag a couple of pics for Team-BHP and get more details about the scooter's launch date, pricing, etc.

Cheers,

Jay

In coming years, the life is going to be tough for two wheeler makers like TVS and Mahindra. Both of them need some good products to take on current leaders like Hero, Honda and Bajaj. Hope TVS will make it a successful product.