Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 10:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnsarvan View Post
I am looking for an interceptor. Can you help me to find one.
brother i would be more than happy to get source one, but i myself dont know about any.

There is one twin cylinder that Arjun Khanna the designer owns. I have seen it myself.

The best bullet sound. A twin cylinder 700 cc it was.

If you can contact him it would be great.

cheers,
ac
Old 7th July 2008, 12:11   #17
BHPian

Good effort! A Interceptor (750) is almost impossible to source in India. I think they are very very less in numbers here (may be 2 or 3) and are in secure hands . Conny and Meteor (700s) are also rare, but might get one if you try real hard. Good luck.
Old 7th July 2008, 14:22   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

The 700cc bullet twin is something that I have learnt from T-BHP itself. If it were not for T-BHP, I would have never known about it.

Must say that the 700cc interceptor is a beauty. I can just imagine the engine sound in my head as I write this. Would love to see it in flesh (owning it is out of question) and running.
Old 7th July 2008, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Hi Khan,

I am sure the 'bullet' you reffered (in "700cc bullet") stands for Enfield as most of us used to refer Enfield as 'bullet'. But as you know (if you know) bullet is the name of that particlular model (yes there are differeces from time to time, but the base is same) that is still on sale here. There are Bullet 350s and 500s and later Enfield India released AVL engine in Bullet chassis and named it Bullet Machismo. In UK they introduced the same base body kit /500cc with a slight difference and named it Bullet Sixty five. The AVL 500s were sold in UK in the name Bullet Electra, where for us, the Electra was a 350 cc bullet with TCI ignition and later launched with left side gear shifter. No other model from Enfield is a Bullet but have different names like RE Crusader, RE Meteor (old UK ones), RE Thunderbird etc (none of these are 'bullets').

Meteor/Super Meteors and Constellations were 692 cc (rounded as 700cc), while Interceptor (MK1 and MK2) are ranked highest 736cc (rounded as 750).

They had some other twins too like Turbo Twin which used a Villiers 2 stroke Twin engine, 500 Twin (yes it is the name) and Meteor Minor which was a also 500 (496) cc twin.

It is a good hobby to study them
redfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2008, 16:48   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

wow redfire, thats an excellent short tutorial on the history of RE. Great..!!!!

And yes, I meant 'Enfield' when I wrote 'Bullet'. For most people like me it's same as with 'xerox' and 'photocopy' :-)
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2008, 16:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow

New piece of information, I feel sorry to say I owned bullet thinking 500 was the edge!!!

Any TBHPians own it presently? Would luv to see a restored original condition 700 or 750 with riding experience.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

redfire, you missed the Mini Bullet This was an India special and had a 200cc single cylinder two stroke engine. Most of the chassis parts were sourced from Bullet. It had an 18" wheel though.

Other models produced by Enfield India were:

Enfield Sherpa
Enfield Crusader
Enfield Fury
Enfield Explorer
Enfield Silver Plus
Enfield Fantabulous.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

My dad was an unfortunate owner of Enfield Explorer. He was one of the first 50 guys took delivery in Kerala in early 80s. He got fascinated with the sporty looks with huge headlamp wisor and alloy wheels. Later only he realized the 50cc 3 speed bike lacks power but he kept it well for couple of years and then sold it for a Hero Honda.

At the same time his friend took a Fury and it was a true street fighter. Though he sold it almost 15 years ago, but still its seen roaring in our locality .
Old 9th July 2008, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Ohh, yeah I missed mini bullet. Yes it is the only 'bullet' other than with 350/500 single cyls. But as name suggest it is 'mini' .
Old 9th July 2008, 15:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
At the same time his friend took a Fury and it was a true street fighter. Though he sold it almost 15 years ago, but still its seen roaring in our locality .
Could you tell me where? While i was growing up RDs, Furys, Shoguns were my dream bikes but Fury was the most elusive of all the bikes! I sure would like to take a peek at a decent Fury!
Old 9th July 2008, 16:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Could you tell me where? While i was growing up RDs, Furys, Shoguns were my dream bikes but Fury was the most elusive of all the bikes! I sure would like to take a peek at a decent Fury!
Hi Sankar, its in Kottayam. Donno the current owner, but shall give a try to get the details next time I visit Kerala. BTW now its not in stock condition...when I spotted it last time (I believe its last christmas). It was painted F.RED, Engine and wheels in black. No stickering except the FURY badge and somewhere written 175 (Original Enfield graphics is no more there). The original square lights were replaced with a metallic doom like we see in RX and an ugly flying mudflap like in Enduros which spoiled the legendary look but engine still sounded good(he was passing by).
Old 9th July 2008, 17:15   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Enfield Fantabulous.

Its a scooter. Search team-bhp for more info and pics.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

The person who owns an Enfield Fantabulous in Chennai has a mint condition fury(GP model) as well.

I have ridden the Fury couple of times while in college, it was a peppy two stroke, 15 odd bhp, first bike to sport disk brakes in India.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sankar, its in Kottayam. Donno the current owner, but shall give a try to get the details next time I visit Kerala. BTW now its not in stock condition...when I spotted it last time (I believe its last christmas). It was painted F.RED, Engine and wheels in black. No stickering except the FURY badge and somewhere written 175 (Original Enfield graphics is no more there). The original square lights were replaced with a metallic doom like we see in RX and an ugly flying mudflap like in Enduros which spoiled the legendary look but engine still sounded good(he was passing by).
Hi Sankar,

I had been to native but unfortunately nobody has a clue where is it now and who owns it. I have assigned this task to my dad, lets see whether he could trace out.
Old 1st May 2009, 18:44   #30

Quote:
Wow

New piece of information, I feel sorry to say I owned bullet thinking 500 was the edge!!!

Any TBHPians own it presently? Would luv to see a restored original condition 700 or 750 with riding experience.

I have recently restored a Rolyal Enfield Lightning 535. Still waiting for the silencer to be chrommed. Will post new phots after that.
In the meantime, check Saits On Bullets to see pics of a trip co-inciding with Rider Mania 2009 and initial porgress of the Lightning 535 restoration project.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks