Team-BHP - Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/137351-scoop-pics-unidentified-cruiser-spotted-testing-edit-harley-davidson-street-750-a-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallica (Post 3229779)
Spotted these yesterday, same location: GGN-Faridabad Road

Thank you for great pictures. i am >90% sure its a Harley. Can somebody take a take a video and post it?
The silencer is most probably a dummy unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallica (Post 3229977)
In normal running, there was almost no audible sound. When revved, it did make some noise but that was in no way similar to the usual familiar one of HD.

Ahhh gotcha, would be interesting to know how it sounds. Probably the next time they ride by you, it might help to understand it better.

Thank you very much for sharing them though.

Aah.. The mystery Cruiser spotted again!! That silencer looks big enough for a 500cc bike! No wonder why it was so quiet. It doesnt quite look like a HD.

Looks like an HD but recently there was an announcement that Triumph will be setting up a plant in Manesar,Haryana. So could be test mules of either of these two companies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3230023)
Looks like an HD but recently there was an announcement that Triumph will be setting up a plant in Manesar,Haryana. So could be test mules of either of these two companies.

V twin from Triumph?? Highly unlikely!

Its an HD for sure. One of the friends works in HD at the senior managerial level. I was asking him whether I should buy the Superlow or wait for new models, as he owns a low too.
But he told me to wait for 6 months, as a new really exciting bike is coming from Harley which will both be cheap and around 500-650cc. He also asked me not to share on TBhp :P
But, the bike would be amazing and suited for Indian Conditions, rest assured.

Came across this. Sharing it as I Think it fits the discussion pretty well.

http://overdrive.in/news/10-things-y...on-small-bike/

It looks like the bike they were referring to is same as the one we have in this thread.

ACI have uploaded the details of the bike on their website.
Refer below link to their report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ke-362738.aspx

The specs of the bike as as under:

1. Elongated fuel tank good for about 13 litres of fuel;
2. 4-stroke, ~60 degrees V-twin engine, of 750cc capacity, with fuel-injection;
3. Single overhead camshaft configuration and liquid-cooling;
4. Peak power figure of around 53bhp, ample torque and adequate performance for this class;
5. 1-down, rest-up manual transmission, and rear-wheel drive will be via a Harley typical toothed-belt;
6. Alloy 17 inch rims, telescopic fork front suspension with smart reflectors and dual rear shock absorbers shall be standard; &
7. Tyres are expected to be from MRF, in the region of a 90/90 x 17 inch section unit in front, and 140/60 x 17 inches at rear, while braking will be via single disc brake units, front and rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3282072)
ACI have uploaded the details of the bike on their website.
Refer below link to their report:

The specs of the bike as as under:

1. Elongated fuel tank good for about 13 litres of fuel;
2. 4-stroke, ~60 degrees V-twin engine, of 750cc capacity, with fuel-injection;
3. Single overhead camshaft configuration and liquid-cooling;
4. Peak power figure of around 53bhp, ample torque and adequate performance for this class;
5. 1-down, rest-up manual transmission, and rear-wheel drive will be via a Harley typical toothed-belt;

750cc capacity, 53 BHP and the rest of the bells and whistles begs this question. How much of a cost advantage will it have over the current 883? Agreed that a lot of parts will be made in India and sourced locally but will it still hit a chord with the harley fans?
Also, wont Harley's brand image be hampered if they price it specifically for developing markets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by preetam_KORG (Post 3282083)
750cc capacity, 53 BHP and the rest of the bells and whistles begs this question. How much of a cost advantage will it have over the current 883? Agreed that a lot of parts will be made in India and sourced locally but will it still hit a chord with the harley fans?
Also, wont Harley's brand image be hampered if they price it specifically for developing markets?

I do not think HOG of the US will be eager to admit a fat Asian male riding a Girly Harley (the unmodded 883s, Dynas, etc.). They are the custodians of the brand image the company claims not the entirely products. If the different owner gangs, groups & the Annual festival at Milwaukee that are the brand builder IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3282122)

I do not think HOG of the US will be eager to admit a fat Asian male riding a Girly Harley (the unmodded 883s, Dynas, etc.). They are the custodians of the brand image the company claims not the entirely products. If the different owner gangs, groups & the Annual festival at Milwaukee that are the brand builder IMO.

I agree completely with almost nothing you said. No offence, but I do not think a particular event or a set of people in the US of A doing things in a particular way makes for a cult. It boils down to much primal beginnings, like love, passion and respect.
Also there are owners on this forum who ride Harleys, some of them white or orange in color and I dont agree that it makes them in any way girly. Color is a personal choice and so is modding the rides. I like my bikes bone stock, and that doesnt make me a sissy because I am a fan of reliability and everyday practicality.

I am not trying to offend you brother, but my question was more targeted to understand the implication of introducing such a product in the portfolio and how the marketing and brand management will work hereon.

Link to News Section

American motorcycle giant Harley Davidson needs to make inroads into emerging motorcycle markets and attract younger riders in developed markets if it plans to stay relevant in these changing times. While the cruiser motorcycle maker has embraced newer technology on an evolutionary basis, new technology alone cannot generate big volumes from emerging markets, which clearly demand a lower entry point for Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 !-harley-davidson-street-500-spyshot.jpg

The answer to the demand of the emerging markets will be unveiled at the upcoming EICMA motorcycle show, held in Milan, Italy. At EICMA 2013, Harley Davidson will unveil two new motorcycles dubbed the Street 500 and Street 750. As their names suggest, both motorcycles will feature Harley Davidson's smallest capacity twin cylinder engines ever, with capacities of 500 cc and 750 cc respectively. The new engine line is also likely to feature liquid cooling and fuel injection as standard.

These motorcycles are likely to be built in India, at Harley Davidson's Bawal factory, which also happens to be a mother plant, only the second such factory in the world, after Harley Davidson's Milwaukee facility. The Bawal factory in Haryana will use extensive local sourcing for the Street 500 and Street 750 entry level Harleys. The extensive local sourcing is likely to give Harley Davidson attractive cost savings, in turn resulting in a cracker of a price tag for the Street 500 and 750 models.

Industry estimates suggest that the Harley Davidson Street 500 could start at a price well under 4 lakh rupees, attracting hordes of leisure motorcyclists to the Harley fold in India. Harley Davidson also has plans of making India a sourcing hub for the Street 500 and 750 motorcycles, which are likely to be exported to both developed and developing countries across the globe. More details about these motorcycles and Harley Davidson's future strategy are likely to be announced at EICMA 2013.

Test mules of camouflaged and debadged cruiser motorcycles, featuring V-Twin engines, have been spotted testing in the National Capital Region (NCR) of India. The NCR hosts Harley Davidson India's Gurgaon headquarters, and also assembly and manufacturing facilities at Bawal. The test mules spotted are very likely to be those of Harley Davidson. The suspense is just days away from being uncovered.

Harley Davidson is a regular at the Indian Auto Expo, with the brand making impressive statements at two previous editions of the Expo, in 2010 and 2012. With the 2014 Indian Auto Expo just months away, the American motorcycle maker is likely to unveil the Street 500 and 750 models, tailor made for the Indian market, at this big ticket event. These motorcycles could go into serial production later next year.

Source MotoCiclismo

The Street 500 and Street 750 has been unveiled at EICMA 2013. Here are some pictures.

Source:- Overdrive's Facebook Page

Possibly one of the first rider's impression about the Street 500.

Source: RideApart.com
http://rideapart.com/2013/11/2014-ha...et-500-review/

This is exactly what I was thinking. With the same power and torque figures would you like to spend Rs 2lacs over RE500???

Pls check out the comments section in the same article. Here's a screenshot for your reference.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131120_113355.png
Views: 809
Size:  116.5 KB