Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 16:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I am planning for a BT Headset but confused between Senna SMH-10 & Scala Rider G9X. just wanna know whether it would be compatible with the Scala as everyone in my group has the G9 / G9X. A single unit of G9X is for Rs 19k at DSG whereas the SMH-10 is Rs 19k a pair!!
Please refer to post # 26. Your question has been answered.
Old 20th January 2016, 19:21   #32
BHPian

Buying Sena 20s Motorcycle Helmet Communication System Dual Pack (amazon) - anybody wants to share the 2nd unit, preferably in Bangalore.
Old 28th March 2017, 10:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

If you need a detailed review, let me know.
You could post a detailed review here.
Thanks in advance
Old 7th October 2017, 21:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

My existing Sena battery had reduced to just couple of hours usage. So finally got a chance to replace the battery. Had ordered the battery through eBay few days ago. Upon opening sena found that the existing battery had a small bulge.
Need to see how the new battery will perform.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20171007_205930.jpg  

rk_sans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 14:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using "BT-S2 1000m"? i guess only communicator which looks promising on Amazon.
also, any other brand/intercom which i can buy here?
Old 29th August 2018, 04:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Anyone using "BT-S2 1000m"? i guess only communicator which looks promising on Amazon.
Hi. Are you talking about Amazon India? Not sure I've seen any quality or premium communication brands on it. Reason being if you are ordering from outside India please be prepared for delays in delivery and custom hold in a few cases due to electronic item. If you can, please buy from outside India and bring it with you. The price you can get a pair will be amazing otherwise buy from a dealer near you. Few friends are using Chatterbox and some use Sena. I am using a Scala packtalk since 2015. Sometimes the music drops. Also have the Scala SRC Pro which is Helmet specific. Built quality of both is good but last two years noticed Scala products and accessories rarely being sold in India. Sena is the current market leader. Their model 10C also captures videos. In use with a friend, I haven't heard about any issues.

Another thing I will add using Scala and seen Sena, please try and avoid any cheap Chinese brands. They wouldn't last long, sound quality inside the helmet wouldn't be that good and definitely will pack up in extreme weather conditions, dirt, sand and water.
Cheers
Old 29th August 2018, 06:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Recently bought a BT-S2 from gearbest. Had very low expectations on it and was more an experiment on helmet Bluetooth systems rather than a solid investment on the same.

I am amazed at the sound quality and the battery life of it. Have rode in very heavy downpours and in some challenging offroad situations involving a lot of dirt, flying debris and sand. It has stood strong and pushed everything in its stride.

Haven't tested the intercom functionality tough. But for the prize its a no brainer.

There is also a sale going on aliexpress and you would be getting the same at a jaw dropping price. Don't miss it out.
Old 29th August 2018, 12:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I am using the BT S2 since 2 years now. Bought from Gearbest. Absolute VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Recently bought a BT-S2 from gearbest. Had very low expectations on it and was more an experiment on helmet Bluetooth systems rather than a solid investment on the same.

I am amazed at the sound quality and the battery life of it. Have rode in very heavy downpours and in some challenging offroad situations involving a lot of dirt, flying debris and sand. It has stood strong and pushed everything in its stride.

Haven't tested the intercom functionality tough. But for the prize its a no brainer.

There is also a sale going on aliexpress and you would be getting the same at a jaw dropping price. Don't miss it out.
I had also bought it as an experiment with the low cost thinking it will be a hit or miss item. But surprisingly its working like wow. The clarity is great and the feedback from the callers is also excellent as they can hear my voice very clearly.

During my Rider Mania 2016 ride, it gave me almost 12 hours of music with great intercom functionality and also the phone connectivity.

One feature I like about it was the 3 ring option, it automatically picks up the call after 3 rings (other headsets might have this option too but I have used only the BT S2)

The charging point of the first device malfunctioned within 1 month but they sent me a replacement unit from Gearbest which has worked like charm till now.

Gearbest sent me this item in about 15 days of ordering it.

Last edited by The Great : 29th August 2018 at 12:08.
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 21:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Reviving this thread after a year. Reason being my BT-S2 1000m is now not working as intended. I had a good run with it for 3 years of almost daily usage. The unit still functions but the headphone/charger jack has become lose, resulting in no connection between the unit and charger/speakers. I had got it from Aliexpress, 4500 INR for 2 units.

Now in the market for a new one. With the new helmet, MT Revenge GP Edition, I am looking for a good reliable Bluetooth device. Sena devices are brilliant from what I have heard, but they are too costly to invest. If I have to go for Sena, then SMH5 would be it. Also, 90% of the time I ride solo, so intercom is not really necessary(still good to have), a Bluetooth device to listen to music and GPS directions is perfect.

Right now I am looking for a device which would not have the unit sticking out on the helmet, at the same time has a good battery life and sound clarity.

Any leads would be great.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 15:26   #40
BHPian

Hi. I've used Scala packtalk for 3 yrs now and only battery issues have made me buy another Packtalk bold this year along with seperate JBL speakers. You can look read about the features on their website. The bold is better than before and it's easy to use.
Sena I have friends using it. I found the 10C better as it enables video recording also but many friends have complained about the water ingress if riding in rain.
I am happy with Scala that's my experience
joybird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 12:34   #41
Team-BHP Support

Sena has introduced the new 50 series.

Quote:
Built on Sena’s most advanced Bluetooth® 5 platform, the 50 series is Mesh Redefined. Evolved Mesh 2.0 technology provides a robust performance boost, along with Multi-channel Open Mesh(MOM™), bringing the ability to choose from 9 intercom channels, which is an industry first. The 50 series also packs redesigned HD speakers, fast charging, an updated app, WiFi integration, voice commands in 8 languages, and direct connection to digital assistants such as Siri or Google. The 50S features the rider-favorite jog-dial, while the 50R is a low profile, 3-button design.
50S: https://www.sena.com/product/50s
50R: https://www.sena.com/product/50r

Old 6th November 2019, 12:56   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Reviving this thread after a year. Reason being my BT-S2 1000m is now not working as intended. I had a good run with it for 3 years of almost daily usage. The unit still functions but the headphone/charger jack has become lose, resulting in no connection between the unit and charger/speakers. I had got it from Aliexpress, 4500 INR for 2 units.
Same here, unit lasted for about 4 years and couple of weeks back the connector pin gave up. Since my usage is similar to yours went with the new model of this with a USB C type connector. This apparently would hold on for more years since the connector design is better. Product link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...5affcc81f48765
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 13:27   #43

Was looking for a Bluetooth headset for my LS2 stream helmet which i was going to use for BOBMC rider mania 2020.

Things which i was looking for where,

1. Price
2. Durability
3. Connectivity with co riders, the more riders the best as we were riding in a group.
4. Waterproof and dust proof, as we were going to places where weather changes frequently.
5. Battery life
6. Range at least 800 - 1000 mts.

After comparing few models available on Ali express , Banggood zeroed in on LEXIN R6 Bluetooth Intercom which was coming with dual headsets, link below.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1907...29f04c4d8SfAnE

Pros :-

1. Sound clarity is good at speeds ranging between 80-100 KMS.
2. Water repellent ( not water proof ).
3. Range was good till 800 mts in straight line without any disturbances as supposed to what its mentioned in the specifications of 1200 mts.
4. Volume level is pretty good if you have a tight helmet else you will have some air noise disturbance while communicating with co riders.
5. Battery life was good, was using it for more than 8-9 hrs per day continuously.

Cons :-

1. It can be connected with 6 riders, however one can speak to only to one rider at any given point of time unlike brands like sena where its multiple riders can talk at a time. But have still gone with lexin as i was on budget.
2. Buttons will take to get used to as there are too many of them on the device for each rider plus a call and end button.

Box as it arrived from the Indian customs

Features mentioned on the box

Set up instructions

Contents inside the box ( set of 2 )

Dual Headsets inside the box

Post installation on my LS2 helmet
TS09SRITOG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 15:37   #44

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20191213_192614__01.jpg

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20191214_102526.jpg

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20191214_102536.jpg

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20191214_103126.jpg

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img_20191214_102606.jpg

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-img20191214wa0012.jpeg
TS09SRITOG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 21:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Its a great fit. How's the sound quality? The helmet is really unique too. Mind sharing where you got it from, and price please? Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post
Bluetooth Intercom
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks