re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

A first proper Indian review is out guys. Have a look

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/first-im...de-review.html

Regards
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 10:41   #362
BHPian

Doc, I presume you have got the nod to publish it now?
Old 2nd August 2013, 06:43   #363
Senior - BHPian

Received an e-mail yesterday from Langford KTM, Blore about test rides open this weekend (2-4th) for Priority KTM customers. They mentioned 'Priority Customers' a couple of times in the email.
Shot an email back asking who do they classify as 'priority' since if it is people who have booked the bike already, then the mail shouldn't have been sent to me in the first place.

Its quite senseless if KTM does not offer test rides to people who have not booked the bikes and only for those who have booked it.
People who have booked the bike will ride it sooner or later. It is the guys who have not booked who will want a test ride before booking it.
Doesn't make sense.
If they start test rides for everyone later on, after the deliveries begin, its okay again.

Regards
Old 2nd August 2013, 06:59   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
If they start test rides for everyone later on, after the deliveries begin, its okay again.
All the people who have booked so far have not had a chance to test ride the motorcycle. This can be termed as a sort of preferential treatment for the people who trusted KTM with their hard earned monies. So it is time KTM gave them their due.

Once this done am pretty sure KTM will have the test rides open for masses.
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:49   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This can be termed as a sort of preferential treatment for the people who trusted KTM with their hard earned monies. So it is time KTM gave them their due.
This is fine. Looks like Langford KTM did not do their homework and did not separate their customers according to bookings and inquiries .

Regards
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:47   #366
Senior - BHPian

I too received This email . Funny thing is than l booked at BTM & not Langford . Not a peep out of BTM K T M !
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:50   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I too received This email . Funny thing is than l booked at BTM & not Langford . Not a peep out of BTM K T M !
KTM Mekhri Circle are as callous if not more. I haven't received a single shred of information from their end.
Calling them is nearly as unhelpful thanks to their vague replies to any question concerning the 390.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:59   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
I haven't received a single shred of information from their end.
If you are asking for delivery dates, no dealer has clarity on this. Is there any other specific information you need? There is no word on the impact to production for KTM motorcycles after the strike at the plant.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:37   #369
BHPian

Took a short test drive on the Duke 390 yesterday at Indiranagar branch.As stated, it was short , one km at lost on a busy road with two U turns.In spite of this serious limitation, I actually enjoyed the bike very much.The acceleration is definitely exhilarating but not scary, the bikes handling is nimble, the brakes were good and the bike felt stable at all times. There was a long line of drivers waiting to get their hands and the test bike was being driven constantly.I was surprised to find the temperature indicated was still two bars to go from the top. End of report but I am very happy with my choice of vehicle as well as the short ride
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:02   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
If you are asking for delivery dates, no dealer has clarity on this. Is there any other specific information you need? There is no word on the impact to production for KTM motorcycles after the strike at the plant.
Sandeep, every other KTM dealer in Bangalore appears to send mails on when there's TDs being setup, A reminder on getting the finances in place etc

With Mekhri KTM, there's been zilch !
Stings that they've got 30k of mine as a booking and have been AWOL ever since. They'll more than redeem themselves if they end up delivering the bike as and when the other dealerships do

So what's the latest grapevine on deliveries guys?
Doc seems to have take a sabbatical from the forum...
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:35   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post

Sandeep, every other KTM dealer in Bangalore appears to send mails on when there's TDs being setup, A reminder on getting the finances in place etc

With Mekhri KTM, there's been zilch !
Stings that they've got 30k of mine as a booking and have been AWOL ever since. They'll more than redeem themselves if they end up delivering the bike as and when the other dealerships do

So what's the latest grapevine on deliveries guys?
Doc seems to have take a sabbatical from the forum...
Same is my experience with Indiranagar KTM. Haven't heard anything from them since the day I paid my 30k. I had to call them to know that there had been a test ride drive which happened last week.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:36   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
BTM is offering test rides however you are allowed to ride a really short distance on the service road. I was told there is a slight issue with the bike hence the short test ride but I did not feel anything wrong. Managed to get up to third, it accelerates with authority but very user friendly. Maybe it does get a bit manic higher up. But it felt very well behaved. I am happy to have booked it.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:50   #373
Senior - BHPian

OK, boys & girls, got some info from the Indira Nagar dealer.

First, only one bike has been registered. It is the same bike doing the test ride circuit dealer by dealer. Finished in I'nagar now at Langford. No need to blame dealers yet

Second, Bangalore had about 400 bookings totally - the first shipment is expected in a couple of weeks. Will be about 20 bikes - for all of bangalore!

Third, this was news to me, not all dealers are equal. The BTM & Mekhri circle ones are franchises. The others are company owned. So the distribution might note be equal when the bikes arrive.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 12:09   #374
BHPian

I know this maybe off topic but its still interesting. I had gone to Venetian Honda in Kandivali to test ride the CBR250. Was not happy with overall customer service & plus the price of 2.16 with ABS made it even worse. So asked for a discount like the very honest Indian I am, and when I heard a no, walked away. A week after that day the guys at Honda are offering a 11K discount on that price to match the KTM 390. Now I have two options at the same price. Now the decider will be when the Mumbai ktm starts the 390 test ride. What say folks at that price if I need a city commute is CBR a better option.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:29   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
What say folks at that price if I need a city commute is CBR a better option.
If it were, they wouldn't need to give discounts to match the price now, would they?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks