Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 12:29   #4456
Senior - BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
trust me doc, it's absolute fun. I go on solo drives from Noida to Gurgaon almost every weekend.
I can imagine bro. Every time I am in Delhi on business, being driven around in an Innova, I look longingly at the roads and wonder how much fun it would be to be riding a fast bike there. Lovely roads you guys have. Absolute top class.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:10   #4457
BHPian

+1 to that. Ever since I moved from BLR to DEL, I have started enjoying my city commute rides a lot on the better maintained & much, much wider city roads & expressways of NCR despite the climate, pollution and batcrap crazy cabbies, lorry, bus & auto drivers.

But DEL has nothing compared to the year round climate & scenic out of town weekend rides BLR has on offer.

Quote:
It has taken me a maximum of 2:30 hrs and a minimum of 33 mins to cover the same distance .
Looks like you missed the Great Toll Plaza Extravaganza of May 2015.
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 13:10   #4458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can someone guide me as to where I can get the MRF Revz FC, which is the front Tyre for the 390 in Bangalore
I would not recommend this option of MRF at the front end. Try to stick to the Metz as far as possible. Under hard braking, it is the front end which plants the bike to the ground and the results would be terrible if there is a washout. MRF being harder rubber, my opinion on this is reserved.

You can contact Madhus at JC road for this if you want to have. They have stock of all kinds.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:40   #4459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I can imagine bro. Every time I am in Delhi on business, being driven around in an Innova, I look longingly at the roads and wonder how much fun it would be to be riding a fast bike there. Lovely roads you guys have. Absolute top class.

true that, we also have the Noida - greater noida expressway and it's near to my place in Noida, but that's one road I have never ridden a bike on. reason being the number of accidents which happen on that road. Other that that Delhi roads are fun to drive on as long as you do not get caught in traffic jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Looks like you missed the Great Toll Plaza Extravaganza of May 2015.
I am so glad I missed that, would have certainly pulled my hair.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:59   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
The route
Reckon you just gave me my first short ride option in NCR.

My only fear is that what if I get ploughed or cursed by a SUV where every occupant has a beretta.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 14:41   #4461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
My only fear is that what if I get ploughed or cursed by a SUV where every occupant has a beretta.
A 390 moves faster than eye can see and Beretta bullet can fly.
- Old Jungle Saying
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 14:50   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
lol, one of the other reasons I do not drive on the Noida - Greater Noida Expressway.

another route you can go on is

Quote:
Shoprix Mall - Noida sector 61
GIP Mall
DND
Ashram
Nehru Place - New Delhi
IIT Delhi
Guragon Expressway
Guragon Sector 30 - right opposite Google's Gurgaon office
it's fun to ride on DND as well but if you go full blast it will seem very short

Also, if the adrenaline rush doesn't settle down after reaching sector 30, you can always skip the exit and go upto Kherki Daula Toll Plaza. This would make the flat out 130+ distance increase by 12kms
Old 15th June 2015, 19:26   #4463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I go on solo drives from Noida to Gurgaon almost every weekend.

The route
I avoid the ring road like a plague. Nothing but long queues of smoke belching trucks jostling for space, Construction zones, arrow straight roads with a sum total of 0 corners. No fun IMO. My recommendation (and the one I take from Dwarka to Noida daily)

Dwarka flyover
Towards Sardar Patel Marg / Subroto park road (Major lane splitting fun)
Take the road towards India gate and not the left for Dhaula Kuan
Towards Mother Teresa crescent (some more "zig" with "zag" fun to be had)
Roundabouts (Teen Murti and then Akbar Road) - Get your lean on and get rid of those chicken strips
From India gate, head towards Purana Quila Road
Pragati Maidan
Take left towards Yamuna Bridge
Go straight and take the slip road towards Noida under the fly over
Straight towards Noida / Greater Noida expressway (high speed run. Top speed cannot be mentioned on account of T-BHP rules)

Grand total of 49 Kms. Going towards Noida my average speed hovers between 59 - 62 kmph depending on stoppage time at traffic signals and the traffic situation. On the way back, its around 78 - 84 kmph. My best time on this route is 33 minutes (return trip)

Try it sometime, you might like it. The only difference from Gurgaon would be that you take the NH8 right up till Sardar Patel Marg and rest all is the same as above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Every time I am in Delhi on business.......
So you do come over to the capital every now and then. Would be awesome to catch up and ride the next time you are here. Gimme a buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
But DEL has nothing compared to the year round climate & scenic out of town weekend rides BLR has on offer
Dont forget the relatively easy access to a world class track. Expensive but well worth it IMO

Another city IMO that vies for the top spot as a biker's paradise is Pune. 45 mins to 1.5 hours (depending on where you are in the city) gets you to the lovely hills of Lonavala. There are also the roads of Lavasa at your disposal. You can head down to Mahabaleshwar if you are in the mood for some Custard apple / strwaberries and cream (Yum). And all this without even having to pack your bags for an overnight stay. A return journey is stupid easy to do the same day

How about some technical riding? Want to have fun in the mud; Rajmachi offers you all the off road thrills. Craving some tight hairpins and then party like there's no tomorrow; Goa is a few short hours away

On top of that, the weather is just plain fabulous all year round

Downsides - The less said about city roads the better. We have by-lanes in Delhi that are wider and in better condition than the main roads. Plus; they dont have a race track anywhere near the city
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:07   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
So you do come over to the capital every now and then. Would be awesome to catch up and ride the next time you are here. Gimme a buzz
Yeah off and on. But typically fly in morning fly out evening type trips. Have saved your number. Would be great to catch up.
Old 16th June 2015, 14:06   #4465
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Service update:
Got the 21k kms service done. Total amount was 3200+INR.
Was having issue with the coolant vanishing swiftly. Could not find any traces in the oil or visible leaks. they cleaned the cooling system and filled fresh coolant. Had also asked them to check valve clearance. Was told that one of them had developed minor play at shim and was fixed. ALso got the injector cleaned and the usual motul 300V for the engine. All this coupled with usual service stuff like fuel filter, air filter change etc. Bike feels much better and agile now. Some amount of roughness/harshness is decreased. clutch play seems to be on the higher side. Will set it this evening.
Old 16th June 2015, 17:57   #4466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Service update:
Was having issue with the coolant vanishing swiftly. Could not find any traces in the oil or visible leaks. they cleaned the cooling system and filled fresh coolant.
Nasirkaka - could you keep me\us posted on the coolant issue? I've been having the exact same problem for a couple thousand kilometers now, and the service centre has been unable to diagnose it despite repeat visits.
Old 16th June 2015, 18:01   #4467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Nasirkaka - could you keep me\us posted on the coolant issue? I've been having the exact same problem for a couple thousand kilometers now, and the service centre has been unable to diagnose it despite repeat visits.
I have a similar issue. Let's say a drop of about 5mm in coolant level within a 1.5-2 months. I am also unable to diagnose the location of the leak and I am sure that the coolant is not mixing with the engine oil either. I have extra coolant and will top up on a monthly basis.
Old 16th June 2015, 18:22   #4468
BHPian

I know it's a sealed system and it's close to impossible. But with the amount of heat the 390 engine produces, what is the probability that the coolant is evaporating?

The only pattern I could notice on mine was that the coolant drop was noticeable when the bike was ridden inside the city in stop-go traffic, which amounts to more heat.
Old 16th June 2015, 18:38   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
what is the probability that the coolant is evaporating?
Not completely sure. Even if it does, through where does it evaporate?

The Inugel Extreme's specification mentions the boiling point as 135 deg C. I don't think the engine will reach upto that mark.

https://www.motul.com/system/product...pdf?1324461364
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 18:40   #4470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I am sure that the coolant is not mixing with the engine oil either.
How do you check to rule that out?

My oil level window has developed some pale whitish opacity from the inside towards the lower left side. I know its inside because it does not go away by cleaning the outside of the glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks