Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2015, 17:23   #5101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Planning to upgrade to Xtreme Vision.

Just needed clarity whether the one meant for the Duke is the H4 model or something else. Listing on website shows it at Rs. 650.

Would be really thankful if someone can post a link to purchase the right one online. Thanks.
I'm using xtreme visions. Picked up from Ebay.in for 1.4k a pair. They have H4 connectors. Tbh they are not that big an improvement over stock. Yes there is more visibility but I'm not satisfied after using them for last 4 months. Few of my friends complained about the damage to the headlight reflectors due to higher heat.

Last edited by b16h22 : 3rd December 2015 at 17:26.
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:03   #5102
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
I'm using xtreme visions. Picked up from Ebay.in for 1.4k a pair. They have H4 connectors. Tbh they are not that big an improvement over stock. Yes there is more visibility but I'm not satisfied after using them for last 4 months. Few of my friends complained about the damage to the headlight reflectors due to higher heat.
A pair? Usage is of just one bulb, right?

I initially wanted to go for AUX lamps, but am letting it be for sometime as my priority is to get the bike back on the road first. Until then, the Xtreme Vision shall suffice.
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:46   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
A pair? Usage is of just one bulb, right?

I initially wanted to go for AUX lamps, but am letting it be for sometime as my priority is to get the bike back on the road first. Until then, the Xtreme Vision shall suffice.
The seller was selling it as a pair.
Old 4th December 2015, 11:31   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Has anyone procured/fabricated a full length front shock protector? The reason i ask is that there are very high chances i may damage the USD forks soon. my daily commute of 50kms is full of fine sand. Given the Bangalore rains, there are vert fine sand particles stuck allover the bike including forks acting as sandpaper. Its really not feasible to wask/clean that part everyday as there is no water provision around my parking area.
Let me know if someone has done anything to shield the forks? I really need one before its too late. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:39   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Guys, Has anyone procured/fabricated a full length front shock protector? Let me know if someone has done anything to shield the forks? I really need one before its too late. Thanks.
Hello Nasirkaka,

When I rode to Leh last year I did a bot of research on fellows who had done it on Duke before and found this in one of the posts. This guy has slit the bellows into half and used. By removing the forks and installing, such slitting is not necessary. Maybe this will help you.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-fork-cover-1.jpg

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-fork-cover-2.jpg
Old 4th December 2015, 17:50   #5106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I rode to Leh last year I did a bot of research on fellows who had done it on Duke before and found this in one of the posts. This guy has slit the bellows into half and used. By removing the forks and installing, such slitting is not necessary. Maybe this will help you.
Thanks,
Thats interesting. The slitting may actually help easy cleaning once in a while. If its a complete bellow and not sealed from both the ends, chances of fine dust/sand entering and rubbing constantly with down tube may be there. Hope it does not flutter at speed. Was thinking of fabricating a guard in aluminium and fitting it to the area where down tube connects axle. bot now, will try and get a pair of machismo bellows and give it a shot.
Old 5th December 2015, 18:11   #5107
BHPian

Got the machine repaired 46 days after that ill fated day. The final bill was exactly the amount that the SVC Manager had quoted during my phone call a couple of days back. Very impressed by their work and quality.

Some extra additions were :

1. Philips Xtreme Vision bulb.
2. Rear Shock Protector.
3. Front Shock Protector.

This essentially makes it appear exactly like the 2015 model, minus the slipper clutch. No plans of retrofitting that any time soon.

The engine was topped up (not refilled) with Motul 20W40 and there's a noticeable and beautiful change to the exhaust note. The bike, thank almighty, is back to it's best.

Attaching photos of the bill for reference of everyone here. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-new-doc_1.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-new-doc_2.jpg  

Last edited by barcalad : 5th December 2015 at 18:17.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 20:12   #5108
Senior - BHPian

The oil level in the peep window always appears low; to be honest, it isn't visible at all. The oil shows up only when the bike is leaned. The SA says its quite normal and is the same for all 390s. I found it quite strange.
Is it normal or is my bike running low?
Old 5th December 2015, 21:24   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Is it normal or is my bike running low?
Sri, it's absolutely normal. Even while getting my levels checked today, it had to be tilted a bit for me and the SA to see the level and colour carefully. Nothing to worry about!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 19:27   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
The bike, thank almighty, is back to it's best.

Attaching photos of the bill for reference of everyone here. Cheers!
Congrats bro!! Hope that you are also restored fully too . Why dont you post some pics of your bike.
Old 6th December 2015, 19:39   #5111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Congrats bro!! Hope that you are also restored fully too . Why dont you post some pics of your bike.
Will indeed do as soon as I get it out on the road next. Cheers.
Old 6th December 2015, 21:43   #5112
BHPian

Some really interesting KTM sermons that I came across at the SVC yesterday in a book that had "For Staff Only" written across it and was lying on the floor of the customer lounge. All hail KTM, who are the most logical of us all!

"Promote chain spray as body spray".
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093154.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093203.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_0932180.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093230.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093238.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093252.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-20151205_093301.jpg  

barcalad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 22:08   #5113
BHPian

Cornering ABS to be made standard in duke 390 as well!!

Check this link out
http://www.motoroids.com/news/corner...stefan-pierer/
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 17:45   #5114
Senior - BHPian

The new slipper clutch - Query:

I remember reading the good Doc's (Ebonho) comments sometime back where he mentioned that the new clutch now has 3 springs as opposed to 6 in the older / non slipper version

While I am not at all interested in the slipper function, I would not at all mind if the clutch can be made softer, basically a one finger affair. Some questions:

- How are these 3 springs different from the 6 in the older bike? Are these race type springs that can take on the load meted out by the 390 that originally required 6?
- Can just the springs be retro fitted? If yes, does anyone know the cost?
- What would happen if I removed (say) one spring from the existing setup? Would the clutch not enagage, bike slip out of gear etc?

Thanks gents!
Old 8th December 2015, 16:53   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
The new slipper clutch - Query:

I remember reading the good Doc's (Ebonho) comments sometime back where he mentioned that the new clutch now has 3 springs as opposed to 6 in the older / non slipper version

While I am not at all interested in the slipper function, I would not at all mind if the clutch can be made softer, basically a one finger affair. Some questions:

- How are these 3 springs different from the 6 in the older bike? Are these race type springs that can take on the load meted out by the 390 that originally required 6?
- Can just the springs be retro fitted? If yes, does anyone know the cost?
- What would happen if I removed (say) one spring from the existing setup? Would the clutch not enagage, bike slip out of gear etc?

Thanks gents!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3835824

The above is my post on my experience with slipper clutch retro fitment.

In the post, as you can see from the pics, there are only 5 springs in the older model, not 6. So you cannot reduce the total number of springs to 3, because of the design, let alone think about the efficiency of such a reduction. You also cannot remove one, as this will cause asymmetrical loading. You can see the mount flutes on the clutch assy, which are arranged like the corners of a pentagon.

And the clutch is very soft, and you can operate with one finger.

Last edited by mithunvvijayan : 8th December 2015 at 16:56. Reason: Additional info
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed