Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 16:37   #5311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
has anyone tried speed 97 on Duke 390 and if yes what are the effects.
Works as advertised

On the serious side, bike runs slightly smoother. Don't waste money unless you're out on a highway jaunt. Regular fuel is good enough for the 390s.
Old 12th March 2016, 17:26   #5312
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Works as advertised

On the serious side, bike runs slightly smoother. Don't waste money unless you're out on a highway jaunt. Regular fuel is good enough for the 390s.
While regular petrol is good enough, do try out Shell V-Power. The bike runs noticeably smooth with VPower.
I always fill with it.

Last edited by timuseravan : 12th March 2016 at 17:28.
Old 14th March 2016, 15:03   #5313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
hi Team,

has anyone tried speed 97 on Duke 390 and if yes what are the effects.

Regards,
I've used Speed 97 for almost 3 weeks on Duke 390 and the major difference is the engine feels much smoother than on regular petrol.
Also not sure if others have observed this but I feel the performance at top end is slightly better. The other day I was able to cross 150kmph in 5th gear itself. The best I've done before that was about 145-146.
Old 14th March 2016, 18:59   #5314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameshwar View Post
Guys in case y'all interested to know the price of the pirelli and Metz in Pune. Prices are from the big Michelin dealer called tyre trax opposite Hyatt at viman nagar
My brother is in pune, and through him I booked Diablo rosso 2 rear tyre with the viman nagar dealer. They had confirmed that the tyre was available at the factory. After two days, they said, the tyre was not there in the factory and gave the advance back. No explanations.
Then after lots of research I finally went for Metzler itself. I got the tyre for Rs 9600/- including taxes. Michelin pilot street was offered at Rs 6300/-, which made the price difference of only Rs 2600/-.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-1457962169960.jpg  

Old 14th March 2016, 19:21   #5315
BHPian

Here are my two cents on Speed 97.

1. I have got a mileage of 278 kms on a full tank on S97 as compared to the 220-240 kms you'll get on normal petrol. Also, I attained this mileage while riding ONLY on the expressway, hovering in the 80-95 kmph range with occasional rev toppers.

2. The engine felt butter smooth and motorcycle remained planted at high speeds. Precariously close to giving a car like feeling.

Top end stays same. Acceleration remains the same. Everything else is just "a state of your mind" as a famous politician-stand up comedian puts it.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 06:44   #5316
Senior - BHPian

IMO, most of the S97 differences are behind the helmet than behind the crash bar!

I have used the Shell V-Power for the excellent reason that there is no queue in that line. Think the engine runs smoother but I tend to ride smoothly too. (What I am saying is that I am maturing like fine wine, rather than the bike running smoother because of the petrol).

My 0.02 paise. YMMV.
Old 15th March 2016, 13:34   #5317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Here are my two cents on Speed 97.

2. The engine felt butter smooth and motorcycle remained planted at high speeds. Precariously close to giving a car like feeling.
Exactly! You put it in words rather well. This is the best part of S97. Cruising at 80-100kmph is an absolute breeze. No vibrations, no roughness. Smooth as a car!
ashishk29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 20:04   #5318
Senior - BHPian

Guys - need help please

Can anyone tell me what is the correct Hook spanner / C spanner size for the 390 to adjust rear suspension?

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks Gents!
Old 15th March 2016, 20:55   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Guys - need help please

Can anyone tell me what is the correct Hook spanner / C spanner size for the 390 to adjust rear suspension?

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks Gents!
The manual says to use a Hook Wrench model T106S.

Available on ebay.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-untitled.jpg  

barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:07   #5320
BHPian

Finally traded in the rc 390 for 2016 duke 390.Should say my spine is thanking me now after all the tortures it has been through while riding on the RC.Fitted a windscreen bought from royal motorcycles as this will be mainly used for touring purposes.I really cant judge the looks so need some opinion on it.Coming to the changes, i really feel the engine to be smoother than older dukes and rc even my friend commented the same.Disc thickness has been increased which can be easily made out while comparing with older dukes.Overall im happy in owning another bike from ktm stable.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-image.jpeg  

Last edited by nitninja : 15th March 2016 at 21:13.
nitninja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:23   #5321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
a windscreen bought from royal motorcycles as this will be mainly used for touring purposes.I really cant judge the looks so need some opinion on
Congratulations on the new babe. Have you ridden the bike with the new wind screen? How's buffeting? Chest area? Head? What speeds?

I have read only great things about the mra wind screen for the dukes. It's on my stage one farkle list.
Old 15th March 2016, 21:35   #5322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Congratulations on the new babe. Have you ridden the bike with the new wind screen? How's buffeting? Chest area? Head? What speeds?

I have read only great things about the mra wind screen for the dukes. It's on my stage one farkle list.
Sir it is not the original mra windscreen, rather a replica costing around 3500 rs.I rode around 10 kms after the install, wind seems to be directed towards the helmet more than the chest area at around 90 kmph, a good helmet should make things easier i think. My height is more than 6 feet and maybe that is why the wind hitting the helmet is more.For the price paid i think its worth the penny but need to pile up more kilometres before i can fully judge the effectiveness.
Old 15th March 2016, 21:41   #5323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Sir it is not the original mra windscreen, rather a replica costing around 3500 rs.I rode around 10 kms after the install, wind seems to be directed towards the helmet more than the chest area at around 90 kmph, a good helmet should make things easier i think. My height is more than 6 feet and maybe that is why the wind hitting the helmet is more.For the price paid i think its worth the penny but need to pile up more kilometres before i can fully judge the effectiveness.
I think I had the same one. The replica fits directly in the place of the normal windshield. The MRA has additional bars for support.

I ended up removing the windshield as it was not very effective (I am also 6 feet) and it had started rattling a bit.
Old 15th March 2016, 22:40   #5324
Senior - BHPian

Nitninja

Can you share the feedback between RC and the 390. I had an 390, but want to pick an RC

There is nothing as comfortable to take the twisties like an RC
Old 15th March 2016, 22:49   #5325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
The manual says to use a Hook Wrench model T106S.

Available on ebay.
Thanks bud! This did come up in the search I did but was looking for something thats locally available

Take this site for example - http://www.tolexo.com/catalogsearch/...q=hook+spanner

They have spanners in multiple sizes but I dont know which one to order

I scoured the length and breadth of Karol Bagh last weekend but no luck (you had to see the faces of gutkha chewing uncles when I asked them if they had a Hook spanner. With the disgust on their collective faces, one might think I asked them for a packet of their precious gutkha khaini)

Anyhow, Hoping to head down to the KTM workshop this weekend. Apparently, there's a brand spanking new one in Dwarka. I ll plead with them to sell me an RC 390 toolkit. Stragely enough, the RC kit comes with one and the Duke's doesnt

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 15th March 2016 at 22:54.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks