Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:10   #5656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Hi Uday - Thanks for the heads up. Any update on the situation?
I cancelled the order through payumoney portal. Since the vendor did not respond prior to cancellation, I requested payumoney to take the matter up with the vendor. 2 days into this, they came back saying the vendor does not answer the calls and requested me to wait till end of yesterday. Yesterday late evening I was acknowledged about the cancellation and the refund was completed by this morning.

However yesterday evening the vendor also answered to my email saying he takes up orders only on confirmation and needs 15 days for processing. I politely replied that he should have told this along with the confirmation mail and also asked him not to keep customer in dark as it does no good to both.

He has lost around 3 customers who are also my friends as they wanted to order on seeing mine. Now we are exploring other ways to locally make this.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 20:10   #5657
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
I cancelled the order through payumoney portal. Since the vendor did not respond prior to cancellation, I requested payumoney to take the matter up with the vendor. 2 days into this, they came back saying the vendor does not answer the calls and requested me to wait till end of yesterday. Yesterday late evening I was acknowledged about the cancellation and the refund was completed by this morning.

However yesterday evening the vendor also answered to my email saying he takes up orders only on confirmation and needs 15 days for processing. I politely replied that he should have told this along with the confirmation mail and also asked him not to keep customer in dark as it does no good to both.

He has lost around 3 customers who are also my friends as they wanted to order on seeing mine. Now we are exploring other ways to locally make this.
It seems many users are facing this issue. Apparently their workshop delayed their stock and they got some kits a few days back. Even I had some issues with communications. Yesterday they told me that my replacement mounting brackets and upper support arms are coming in today and they will ship them on Monday. It has been 4 weeks now since they received my faulty parts. I have my fingers crossed.

On a side note, I would suggest getting the carrier main plate cut out of aluminium alloy sheet, about 5 mm thick. It will be lighter. The mounting plates and arms of the frame can be welded together instead of how these guys make them since yours will be a custom job.
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:16   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
It seems many users are facing this issue. Apparently their workshop delayed their stock and they got some kits a few days back. Even I had some issues with communications.
I do not know the vendor personally but I do have mutual contacts with him. He is linked with KTM and is a brilliant rider. AFAIK he and his friends are doing this project as a side venture contributing to the hobby.

It is sad however that his brilliance in riding isnt transferring into running a business and he probably didnt expect such volumes right from the start. I am in no way defending him, keeping customers in the dark is a terrible business policy; just pointing out that the person behind the company is a passionate motorcyclist like us all and I wish him the best.
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:21   #5659

Can anyone tell me where to buy Metzelers? None of the KTM showrooms have them in stock, and the online options seem frightfully expensive. Also, my rear tyre seems to be suffering from some kind of extremely slow air pressure leak. Pressure drops down to 10-12 PSI after two to three weeks. The puncture people I've taken this to are unable to find the cause. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:57   #5660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-58 View Post
Can anyone tell me where to buy Metzelers? None of the KTM showrooms have them in stock, and the online options seem frightfully expensive. Also, my rear tyre seems to be suffering from some kind of extremely slow air pressure leak. Pressure drops down to 10-12 PSI after two to three weeks. The puncture people I've taken this to are unable to find the cause. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Check the rim for damage. Depending on the size of the leak it might actually be a case of cleaning the rim and checking for cracks in the worst case scenario.
Tyre shop in viman nagar (opposite Hyatt) said metzeler would need to be ordered and they don't stock them. Michelins and pirelli readily available apparently.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:32   #5661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
It is sad however that his brilliance in riding isnt transferring into running a business and he probably didnt expect such volumes right from the start. I am in no way defending him, keeping customers in the dark is a terrible business policy; just pointing out that the person behind the company is a passionate motorcyclist like us all and I wish him the best.
ashwin1224, we all know how long the wait for any item from aliexpress is. But it is put up upfront that things might get to us as long as 60 days from order. Knowing this we still buy it from there. It is just a line of communication that would take the business in a long way.

Least was I was expecting a response to the mail I had written. But when they took down the review I had put up, I got agitated. If a person can pull down a review on his website within hours, how long would it take him to answer a mail.

Looking at my misery, the group buy from my club on this vendor was called off. There were 3 confirmed riders who wanted this sort of rack and were waiting for mine to arrive. It is really sad that I was not able to hold on to the urge to wait a bit longer.
Old 25th July 2016, 10:39   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
I cancelled the order through payumoney portal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
It seems many users are facing this issue. Apparently their workshop delayed their stock and they got some kits a few days back.
Quote:
ashwin1224, we all know how long the wait
Hello Uday and other BHPians,

I will talk to the owner personally. I have already communicated him that many friends from TBHP will buy this product.

If you guys are still willing to buy this and if you all are from single city, I can buy it here for you and then transport it to single address there. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2016 at 11:29. Reason: Broken quote fixed.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 12:02   #5663
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Check the Adyar Showroom they had stocks. Otherwise move to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II or Michelin Pilot Streets. Both are alternates and the Pirelli's are fitted on export bikes.

For the puncture a solution is to use the liquid puncture thing, works for me and I do 3-4000KM tours at a time. As Kameshwar rightly pointed check your rims and valve.

Last edited by amitc7 : 25th July 2016 at 12:04. Reason: spelling error
Old 25th July 2016, 12:12   #5664
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
You can place the order in any of KTM showrooms and they get you the stock within one week. Suggest you to go through KTM channel as it would cost you less. If you're looking for alternatives,

Pirelli Diablo Rosso- Soft compound tyres. Wear out around 15000kms +/-1000kms
Michelin Pilot sport 2- Medium compound and heavier than metz. But will protect the rim from potholes and can come around 25000kms. Costs around 10K based on the dealers.

Regarding the air leak,defective mouth valve might be a problem.
Old 25th July 2016, 16:40   #5665
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know the vendor personally but I do have mutual contacts with him..
Quote:
It is just a line of communication that would take the business in a long way.

Least was I was expecting a response to the mail I had written
I had contacted him through whatsapp once when the defects in my kit first cropped up and a second time when the delay was stretched too much. It seems he himself does not look into the logistics directly as for the replacement he had asked me to contact his team.

The lack of communication is definitely an issue and they need to be upfront about any delays in shipping or stock shortage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hello Uday and other BHPians,

I will talk to the owner personally. I have already communicated him that many friends from TBHP will buy this product.

If you guys are still willing to buy this and if you all are from single city, I can buy it here for you and then transport it to single address there. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vishal
They had received my faulty parts on the 25th of June and it is 25th of July now. I finally got an email that my replacement parts are ready and they are waiting for their courier partner to pick up the package so that's some good news. Hopefully within this week I will receive the parts as I have to go for a ride this weekend. I asked them to let me know when they have the tracking number and when they initiate the refund of the courier charges I incurred to return the individual parts but now they have gone quiet again. Usually I receive one communication for every 5-6 I send them.
Old 25th July 2016, 17:35   #5666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hello Uday and other BHPians,If you guys are still willing to buy this and if you all are from single city, I can buy it here for you and then transport it to single address there. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thanks for the spirit Vishal, but I would let it go. I would not be able to run around anymore for this.
Old 25th July 2016, 18:33   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
I want an off road fender for my duke 390.
After making multiple posts on various forums regarding an off road fender (to no avail) I finally found the fender I wanted!

My stock fender had broken off and Ive faced issues with it while going off road. Ive not tested my new offroad fender on high speeds but the mounting is solid enough to withstand it I feel.

My beloved Icarus, now SMC
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img20160725wa0019.jpg  

ashwin1224 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 19:11   #5668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After making multiple posts on various forums regarding an off road fender (to no avail) I finally found the fender I wanted!
Looks nice, details and few detailed pics (of the mounting area) please. I hope this wont end up throwing all the muck to the radiator.

--Anoop
Old 25th July 2016, 19:16   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Looks nice, details and few detailed pics (of the mounting area) please. I hope this wont end up throwing all the muck to the radiator.

--Anoop

It will end up throwing all mud on the radiator. I've not tested I feel it will do that. In anticipation Ive ordered my fabricator to make a mesh grill for my radiator too.

Will edit this post later with details of the fender and mounting points.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 19:22   #5670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice! Looking good there bud

Request more details

Cost
Source of purchase
Queries posted above by Anoop

Most Viewed