Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 11:02   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post

Yes I too remember they did a very good job with the 200 deliveries. 390 deliveries have been totally mishandled by Bajaj-KTM. People like me have already waited for 3.5 months and still no sight of the bike! BTW congratulations on booking Iron 883.
AT least here in Indiranagar KTM, it was all a mess up with one guy called Rana (mis)managing the whole show. When folks (including me) had paid up full up front - and he wasn't able to manage the bookings accordingly, he came up with stories like all your finance applications are under review and you will get your bikes only after that.

I had to create a scene, involving Jaya (the big boss there) and give them a piece of my mind. Even on the day of the delivery, it was chaos there.

Gosh! Can they never learn?!?!
Old 10th October 2013, 11:15   #827
BHPian

Quote:
I booked at bund garden. At this time I cant do anything but wait. Every other day I get the thought of changing to a Ninja 650 and just wait some more. Oh well will hold on and see just how long this is going to take.

Funny part is that I bought all my gear i.e Boots, Jacket, Helmet etc in July, so now i have all gear and no Bike!
Luckily I went easy on the gear. I think I will buy it only when I make the full payment for the bike. You can call the bund garden service station today. Inquire if they received a lot yesterday. I was told they would receive a mother-load of 20-30 bikes this week. If that's true you would be soon making your way out on your 390.

p.s. There is no ON-SPOT delivery scheme planned in Pune at least. Both the dealers here would not be able to sort out their initial bookings by Diwali at least. So On-Spot thing looks like a rumor.
Old 10th October 2013, 18:11   #828
BHPian

Any suggestions on how to break in the 390? Stick to the manufacturer's guidelines? What about motoman method? It attracts lots of attention in various forums. Any experience of views?
Old 10th October 2013, 18:19   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the saddle height of the 390? When I took a test ride of the Hyosung 650N, it was hard for me touch my feet to the ground. I think Hyosung saddle height is 830mm if I remember.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:07   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post

p.s. There is no ON-SPOT delivery scheme planned in Pune at least. Both the dealers here would not be able to sort out their initial bookings by Diwali at least. So On-Spot thing looks like a rumor.
read somewhere its not on spot delivery its on spot finance approval that will be available on 390 from Diwali
Old 10th October 2013, 22:12   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked at bund garden. At this time I cant do anything but wait. Every other day I get the thought of changing to a Ninja 650 and just wait some more. Oh well will hold on and see just how long this is going to take.
Why wait more ? And max they ask is 90 days if if you have booked a Ninja.

And now why the change to D390?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
read somewhere its not on spot delivery its on spot finance approval that will be available on 390 from Diwali
They just wanna collect money and keep ?( Make hay when the sun shines? )
I thought they upped the production and hence can make more D390 and hence the offer of spot delivery.
Old 10th October 2013, 22:59   #832
BHPian

I booked mine on 28th July from KTM CP, New Delhi. My booking number is 27. I got a call 3 days back that the second lot of 30 bikes has left Pune and will be in Delhi by the end of this week and i should get the bike by next week.

I wanted a piece of advice. Should i pay up right now or should i wait for the bike to arrive and then pay up. I really dont want to pay and then wait for one more month for the bike to get delivered !

Regards
Aditya
Old 10th October 2013, 23:37   #833
Senior - BHPian

Some one from Delhi should help Here. In chennai if they are asking to pay up expect delivery by a weeks time.

Seat has been cushioned. Only the main seat. Pillion yet to be cushioned.

The ride comfort has gone up and butt sore is very very very minimal or in other words gone .

Total damage 350 rs for adding the cushion and cover.

Cons:- material is different from original. The cover is just set over the original so it's like just additional foam over stock seat.

Will take the rear seat next for cushioning.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131010_233702.png
Views: 1806
Size:  551.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131010_233719.png
Views: 1735
Size:  604.2 KB
Old 11th October 2013, 02:30   #834
BHPian

Still awaiting my call at 101 days now ! Can't understand why a bike being made 100 Km's away from me takes such a long time to reach me...
Old 11th October 2013, 09:24   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanthoshK View Post
Any suggestions on how to break in the 390? Stick to the manufacturer's guidelines? What about motoman method? It attracts lots of attention in various forums. Any experience of views?
Brothers, any advice on my above query? Doc, any words of wisdom? Sorry I am being a little impatient here coz I may get my 390 today and motoman method says you have to run in hard for the first 30 miles or you missed the bus.
Old 11th October 2013, 10:36   #836
Senior - BHPian

My bike is mostly registered today and delivered by tomorrow.
Heard some 35 bikes came to KTM Adyar on Wednesday and they started PDI yesterday and RTO stuffs.
Today they take the bikes for registration only for fully paid ones.
Old 11th October 2013, 10:46   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanthoshK View Post
Brothers, any advice on my above query? Doc, any words of wisdom? Sorry I am being a little impatient here coz I may get my 390 today and motoman method says you have to run in hard for the first 30 miles or you missed the bus.
Already a much debated topic!

Well, for the record, I know a couple of people who has succeeded in doing MM Run in but also have read about some who has failed miserably (Including a seizure)! The risk factor is always more on MM Method ie. chances of getting it wrong.

Want a safe bet? I would always suggest going as per the manual! Because I believe the people who make the engine knows more about how their 'Baby' needs to be taken care of.

Cheers.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 10:57   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Well, for the record, I know a couple of people who has succeeded in doing MM Run in but also have read about some who has failed miserably (Including a seizure)! The risk factor is always more on MM Method ie. chances of getting it wrong.
I understand one has failed when he ends up with a seized engine. But I don't quite understand how you conclude a 'successfully' run in engine?
Old 11th October 2013, 11:01   #839
Senior - BHPian

My philosophy for running is simple. No Constand accelration or RPM in other words. Keep changing and slowly introuduce to highest RPM at all gears. Not just first.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:16   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
But I don't quite understand how you conclude a 'successfully' run in engine?
One of the guys I know, even after 30-40k kms or something (on an RTR180) the engine is performing as it is supposed to be (Read smooth and strong). Another one was an R15, which is also running pretty smoothly now (Not sure of the kms he might have clocked in 2 years). So the engines still performing well should be a testimony of a properly run-in engine. Any clue of an improper run-in should have shown by this time. I have also read about the same method being used on 220s, N250Rs and all whose owners reported no issues after clocking many miles.

Having said that, I have no hands on experience on this method and cannot comment on if this procedure provides better performance (or the same level of reliability as the conventional method). Infact I dont even know what 'Better Performance' means, in this context.

Quote:
My philosophy for running is simple. No Constand accelration or RPM in other words. Keep changing and slowly introuduce to highest RPM at all gears. Not just first
I would say this is a more sure-shot approach, by 'slowly' introducing it to the all the RPMs. IMHO using engine braking (not vigorous ones) will help the valves to seat properly.

Cheers.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 11th October 2013 at 11:20.

Most Viewed