Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 21:01   #1141
Senior - BHPian

In what was one of my best delivery experiences ever, I was told to come at 430 pm and when I did show up, every last thing was kept ready. Plates, papers, all the things I wanted removed, EVERYTHING. Junaid, your PDI checklist helped a great deal. Bike had 20km on the odo, and it gulped down 8.xx litres of fuel. A great mix of open roads and traffic meant a balanced 26 km first riding impression. Everything has been said over and over again on this thread, and its all correct. The only negative, I am facing that chain-slap issue as well.
Attached Images

FlyingSpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 23:09   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and keep the picture safe. That's probably the last time the bike looks so clean. This is a dirt magnet.

Cleaning is easy but you will question the need post few days

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th November 2013 at 14:05. Reason: typo corrected :)
Old 13th November 2013, 09:35   #1143
BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Thing I observed is that on the highway it seems like all the traffic is at crawling speed and there is simply no match in terms of speed even when compared to premium hatchbacks or mid size sedans. I am just scratching my head as to why i feel that way cause I am mostly going in 90-120 kmph range which i guess is a reasonable speed on the highways

I think it is the sheer acceleration of this bike that the cars have trouble keeping up with.

So far I must say I am totally satisfied with the value I have gotten for my 2 lakhs.

Last edited by hsub : 13th November 2013 at 09:36.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:08   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
Thing I observed is that on the highway it seems like all the traffic is at crawling speed and there is simply no match in terms of speed even when compared to premium hatchbacks or mid size sedans. I am just scratching my head as to why i feel that way cause I am mostly going in 90-120 kmph range which i guess is a reasonable speed on the highways

I think it is the sheer acceleration of this bike that the cars have trouble keeping up with.

So far I must say I am totally satisfied with the value I have gotten for my 2 lakhs.
I would have to agree here. Rode the bike to work today - which is a 15 minute commute on 10 kms of pure well-surfaced highway - and for the first time ever, I felt like cars were slower. This bike is in a different performance band altogether, and what helps especially is the the way it behaves at 100 - 110 kmph. Save for the 954 (which leaves everything behind), I have not had this "one with the car traffic" experience with any other bike. Of course, I have ridden few others.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:16   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I would have to agree here. Rode the bike to work today - which is a 15 minute commute on 10 kms of pure well-surfaced highway - and for the first time ever, I felt like cars were slower. This bike is in a different performance band altogether, and what helps especially is the the way it behaves at 100 - 110 kmph. Save for the 954 (which leaves everything behind), I have not had this "one with the car traffic" experience with any other bike. Of course, I have ridden few others.
You guys are seriously making me uncomfortable here with my CBR coming out (hopefully) this week!

But priorities are priorities! I gotta keep focus!! Well....

Another question here that might bring a storm of stones thrown at me. But are you guys seriously considering spending 24k / year on those Metz?
Old 13th November 2013, 12:23   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Good point. This essentially is India's first bike that can actually hold its own and even better most cars in open highway mode. And it can do that at night (from personal experience), so daytime its even better. Ride safe! There are many cagers who will at first be perplexed, and some who will then do something stupid driven by ego.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 12:44   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Another question here that might bring a storm of stones thrown at me. But are you guys seriously considering spending 24k / year on those Metz?
Frankly I have conveniently decided to ignore this tire cost aspect of the bike

To be honest, with the speeds this bike is capable off i wouldn't even consider downgrading from Metz. If i cant afford it, I would park the bike till I can save for the replacements. Metz and the brakes are huge factors in making the ride safe and enjoyable.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:48   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But are you guys seriously considering spending 24k / year on those Metz?
There was already a thread posted by Dr i think. The MRF got shredded in less than 2-3K. The Metz may last over 10K unless its in a track like riding condition on a daily basis.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:51   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frankly I have conveniently decided to ignore this tire cost aspect of the bike

To be honest, with the speeds this bike is capable off i wouldn't even consider downgrading from Metz. If i cant afford it, I would park the bike till I can save for the replacements. Metz and the brakes are huge factors in making the ride safe and enjoyable.
Thats exactly my problem too! 24k/year is a big investment for me! :( And I can never think of keeping the bike idle when I am around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
There was already a thread posted by Dr i think. The MRF got shredded in less than 2-3K. The Metz may last over 10K unless its in a track like riding condition on a daily basis.
Yes! Before Doc posted that 'MRF-Shredding' post even I was a bit convinced about using the MRF on it! But that post made me come back to ground Zero. And 10k as per my usage will come in less than 10 months!

So another query here. The Metz lasting longer for that power means its a bit more hard compound than the MRF?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 13th November 2013 at 12:53.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:03   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Man_of_steel ,you should take a long test ride on 390 .

24k is theoritical number . Nobody is exactly sure how much they are when they are available . But there are many places these tires will be available outside the KTM spares . If many vendors start selling , competition brings down the price. But even at 20K its worth every rupee .

I would say ,even if it prevents me from having just one fall ,subsequently saving one broken bone or shredded skin or couple of days in bed or hospital bills ,its worth it !

Last edited by black12rr : 13th November 2013 at 13:06.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:13   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Someone was mentioning about alternatives in the form of Michelin Pilots in the same size, at approximately 8K a pair. Not bad considering the Revz themselves are 8K a pair. And being Michelins, they should definitely be better than the Revz. I may even look at this option for my first change on the 200.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:17   #1152
Senior - BHPian

KTM Duke 390 goes black

Internationally, the KTM Duke 390 is now available with a black-orange paint job. KTM India could release this paint job in India as well.

Link to News Section

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-ktm-duke-390-black-1.jpg

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-ktm-duke-390-black-2.jpg

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 13th November 2013 at 13:18. Reason: News Link Added
Old 13th November 2013, 13:28   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Thats exactly my problem too! 24k/year is a big investment for me! :( And I can never think of keeping the bike idle when I am around.
In my opinion D390 is not a good economical fit for our Indian commuting needs. It is purely for enthusiasts looking for thrills on weekends and for occasional touring. I fall into the latter category hence my not being worried too much about replacement costs.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:37   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion D390 is not a good economical fit for our Indian commuting needs. It is purely for enthusiasts looking for thrills on weekends and for occasional touring. I fall into the latter category hence my not being worried too much about replacement costs.
General opinion is , its a master of all . Street, commute, track, drag and tour . Pick your choice .
Old 13th November 2013, 14:23   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
True. The 390 is very frugal on the highways but at the same time a fuel guzzler in the crawling traffic conditions. The bike empties a full tank in no time if you constantly putter around the city. Its just good for weekend fun around the twists. Again, absolutely no problem for those who have thick wallets. In my case, I use my CBZ for commuting and puttering and use the good lady for taking down the highways. A win-win situation
junaid12345678 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks