Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2014, 00:05   #2086
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
Going by the numbers I think the 390 might see a slash of around 7k.
In Bangalore, the price is slashed by 8k for the 390. Delivery taken by a fellow rider yesterday of a Black D390.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 00:38   #2087
Senior - BHPian

If all goes well (touch wood); I should have the bike with me tomorrow itself. Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
And any price cuts after the excise slash?
Oh yessssssss. From 2.10 OTR Delhi; Its 2.02. A cool 8k off

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
Congratulations bro, i took delivery of a midnight black duke on the 15th and am absolutely thrilled. You're gonna so love it man, just be careful lending it out
Congratulations to you too bud. I cant wait to lay my eyes on a black 390. Am yet to see it in the flesh but some pics that I have seen have convinced me. Its gotta be black

Oye, And what lending shending. No one comes near her. All mine

Edit - Where's the ownership thread saahib? Too busy painting the town orange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Glad to have been of help
You know you really have been. Really appreciate you taking out time for a stranger and tolerating queries upon queries

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 28th February 2014 at 01:06.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 05:18   #2088
BHPian

Congratulations to you too bud. I cant wait to lay my eyes on a black 390. Am yet to see it in the flesh but some pics that I have seen have convinced me. Its gotta be black

Oye, And what lending shending. No one comes near her. All mine

Edit - Where's the ownership thread saahib? Too busy painting the town orange?

It's one hell of a bike alright , ive been mostly riding after work hours cos everyone at work wants a piece of it and i suck at saying no. Novice riders/ the overexcited kind make me a bit nervous! All in all done 350 km in 12 days, not t0o bad. Was advised by the dealer to have the first service done at 600 instead of the usual 1000, so i'm hoping to cover some ground this weekend

This is a bike that will take you from point A to point B in 3/4th the time you'd normally take in the city with absolutely no sweat, you won't even have to push it a tiny bit ; it's just effortless. And the brakes..they're a wet dream man, so bloody awesome..super effective and incredibly friendly.

This year's Leh ride is gonna be something else

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st March 2014 at 09:59. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
Old 28th February 2014, 12:45   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any reason why the new KTMs (both 200 and 390) have a metal radiator coolant fill cap - vs fiber in old ones like mine?
Old 28th February 2014, 13:37   #2090
BHPian

Had mine die on me a second time yesterday. About 15Kms after second service.. I guess I was in 2nd gear doing about 5KRPM waiting for a gap to open up. As soon as the gap was there, I gunned it but the bike stuttered like there is no fuel and shutdown. Again scary situation when you have vehicles all around you.

I must re-iterate that both the times this happnned when i gunned for it. The second time I never touched the clutch. It appears as if there is some fail safe mechanism where the engine shuts down when the bore is flooded with fuel when you suddenly twist the throttle hard!
Old 28th February 2014, 13:41   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
Had mine die on me a second time yesterday. About 15Kms after second service.. I guess I was in 2nd gear doing about 5KRPM waiting for a gap to open up. As soon as the gap was there, I gunned it but the bike stuttered like there is no fuel and shutdown. Again scary situation when you have vehicles all around you.

I must re-iterate that both the times this happnned when i gunned for it. The second time I never touched the clutch. It appears as if there is some fail safe mechanism where the engine shuts down when the bore is flooded with fuel when you suddenly twist the throttle hard!
Or it could simply be water from the post service wash which has not yet fully dried off and there where its not supposed to be.
Old 28th February 2014, 16:41   #2092
BHPian

Quote:

Or it could simply be water from the post service wash which has not yet fully dried off and there where its not supposed to be.
Looks to me like a problem with the fuel injection. KTM is kinda known for this issue.
The earlier adv 990 & 690 were plagued with EFI issues. They used to heat up even with a tank full of fuel. Let me search for related posts on the advrider forum.
Old 28th February 2014, 23:02   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Negative. The bike wasn't washed at service coz apparently the washing boy was unavailable since last 3 weeks Anyways, made the service manager use the pressure wash for just a rinse and water didn't go anywhere near the engine/ecu.

Also, this is the second time this happened in the same fashion, last time it was no where near water or service.
Old 28th February 2014, 23:51   #2094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had mine die on me a second time yesterday.
======It appears as if there is some fail safe mechanism where the engine shuts down when the bore is flooded with fuel when you suddenly twist the throttle hard!
Did you whack the throttle open fully? Does the bike come with any throttle position sensor at handle bar end?
Old 1st March 2014, 03:10   #2095
BHPian

Quote:

Its definitely a problem with the fuel injection system. I haven't heard of any such sensor that turns off the engine when it senses a flooded engine, even on bikes that are ten times expensive than the 390. The technologies and equipments went into the bike is already too much for a bike of this price. So please don't bring imaginary sensors or safety features
Moreover fuel injected engines can't be flooded while normal operation, no matter how you twist the throttle. The otherwise can happen if you have leaking injectors or like.
Old 1st March 2014, 09:47   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
Its definitely a problem with the fuel injection system. I haven't heard of any such sensor that turns off the engine when it senses a flooded engine, even on bikes that are ten times expensive than the 390. The technologies and equipments went into the bike is already too much for a bike of this price. So please don't bring imaginary sensors or safety features
Moreover fuel injected engines can't be flooded while normal operation, no matter how you twist the throttle. The otherwise can happen if you have leaking injectors or like.
I wasn't making up imaginary sensors. I was just pointing to the mere assumption that it doesn't seem to do anything with idle speed because I didn't pull the clutch and it definately has something to do with the fuel injection system whether fail safe or not.

Last edited by Cyrus_the_virus : 1st March 2014 at 09:51.
Old 1st March 2014, 14:22   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Gents, took delivery of my 390 yesterday. Otr Delhi - 2.02 lac. Lovely delivery experience, fast, courteous n efficient. Big shout out to Vishvajeet at CP KTM.

Also got a free Studds Ninja helmet.

Once again, a big heartfelt thank you to all the bhpians who helped me with my 2 wheeled dilemmas.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:06   #2098
Senior - BHPian

The beauty has left the beast. My 390 was sold with a heavy heart on saturday. Completed 6K kms of pure fun and had no heart to give it without servicing. At 5700 kms i was not ready to get it serviced. So saturday morning went on a 150km ride(one way) to ensure i complete 6k . The bike is a stonker for touring. I will continue to contribute here knowing probably i had one of the bikes that was clean from the manufacturing line.

Never had the issue of stopping suddenly nor had any issues with heating. This is one bike i fell in love with from day 1 and had to sell it for my travel reasons.

I am already interested in the 690 but if 690 never hits India, i will be back on the 390 soon

Last edited by VW2010 : 3rd March 2014 at 15:07.
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:10   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The beauty has left the beast. My 390 was sold with a heavy heart on saturday.
I am surprised you have sold the bike as you are one of the passionate and happy owners here! Any particular non-personal reason you had to sell it?
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:24   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Hey Added_flavor,

Just leaving the country for work related and its going to be a little long term. So had to sell. Keeping the 500 and giving it to a friend of mine. My car is going to my brother. Its definitely something i would have used for even buying bread from a local store. I like KTM, they sound like an auto, they vibrate like hell but the smile it brings me or the joy everytime i ride/rode is actually way better than my 500 to put it mildly

There were days when the first and second gears felt too short at 10k rpm and you wanted atleast another 3-4k rpm in that engine.

The last 4 months have been a blast and i enjoyed and luckily had to work out a office 27kms from home. KTM ROCKS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks