Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 13:10   #5386
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
What about the clutch ply? Do u see any difference when u turn left / right?
Forgot to add: the clutch cable was opened at the clutch lever side, pulled out, and re-routed back to the clutch lever in a way where it does not foul with handlbar on extreme ends.
infact when the handlebar is turned extreme left, it very slightly pulls the accelerator cable, so much as to raise the idling rpm from 1500 to about 2000. I am sure with a little adjustment, it can be sorted. No issues here if turned extremely right.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 13:25   #5387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Forgot to add: the clutch cable was opened at the clutch lever side, pulled out, and re-routed back to the clutch lever in a way where it does not foul with handlbar on extreme ends.
infact when the handlebar is turned extreme left, it very slightly pulls the accelerator cable, so much as to raise the idling rpm from 1500 to about 2000. I am sure with a little adjustment, it can be sorted. No issues here if turned extremely right.
Mine is a 1 inch lift and there is very little gap for me to reroute the cable on top of the riser.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:29   #5388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Mine is a 1 inch lift and there is very little gap for me to reroute the cable on top of the riser.
Wait a sec.

Sorry for the typo, ITS 1" and not 2"as mentioned in the previous post. Dont think grease house have a 2" option.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 11:56   #5389
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to check if someone has a schedule of KTM approved labour charges for different tasks on a Duke 390.

When I was in Bangalore - some workshops charged Rs. 100 for chain adjustment and cleaning/ lubing and some didn't charge at all.

In Delhi - A Bajaj workshop charged Rs. 350 for the same job, another Bajaj workshop in neighboring Noida charged Rs. 113 for chain cleaning, lubing and adjusting.

During service I was charged Rs. 500 as labour for sprocket replacement and Rs. 400 + tax as labour for brake pad replacement. The SA says these are KTM approved rates built into the system and they have no way to edit (which we all know is a lie).

It would really help if someone can share a recent list of labour charges.

Thanks!

Last edited by ff1609 : 5th April 2016 at 11:57.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:06   #5390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
After stalling my bike while filtering in traffic today, went to Greasehouse and got them to route the cable exactly the same way they did a 390 last weekend . No fouling with any cables now.

Last edited by K a s h : 5th April 2016 at 12:16.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:14   #5391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to check if someone has a schedule of KTM approved labour charges for different tasks on a Duke 390. When I was in Bangalore - some workshops charged Rs. 100 for chain adjustment and cleaning/ lubing and some didn't charge at all.
Well I have been paying Rs160 odd for chain lubing and adjustment and 150 for wash. Standard rates at KTM Marathahalli here in Bangalore.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th April 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Please dont quote an entire post for a one line query/reply. Thanks!
Old 5th April 2016, 12:42   #5392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After stalling my bike while filtering in traffic today, went to Greasehouse and got them to route the cable exactly the same way they did a 390 last weekend . No fouling with any cables now.
Glad your issue is resolved. The throttle cable on my bike seems to have adjusted itself somehow automatically. Now there is no stress at any point of turning handle bar left or right. Checked multiple times yesterday and all seemed good.
Quote:
When I was in Bangalore - some workshops charged Rs. 100 for chain adjustment and cleaning/ lubing and some didn't charge at all.
Yes, the charges are quite erratic and differs from one service place to another for similar functions performed. Between Rs 100 to 150 (approx) is what i remember paying very initially. Since i got the paddock, do the basic chain adjustment, cleaning and lubing myself. Do give it a shot, helps save time, money and hassle, and gives sense of satisfaction aswell.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 5th April 2016 at 12:46.
Old 5th April 2016, 13:12   #5393
BHPian

Paid 63 rupees for chain clean and lube at KTM marketyard. I had brought cleaner and lube and brought it with me to be used that time. Bajaj workshop in panjim charged 100 rupees, the workshop used their own fluids. I will check with KTM marketyard if they have a schedule which they can share. My bike is due a chain clean+lube tomorrow..
Old 5th April 2016, 14:21   #5394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Okay here are some pics for the clutch cable reroute after the handle bar risers.

Line marked in red is the stock position and green is the new position after the risers.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-clutch-cable-riser.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-sideview.jpg  

K a s h is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:51   #5395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Can anybody tell me where I can buy Pirelli DR 2 150/60 17 in Bangalore? Also what are the other tire options? Need to change the rear tire soon. Im not considering Metzelers as they are quite expensive.
They are available at Orion Motors (opp Forum) for Rs 7277. I spotted a few lying around last weekend.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:05   #5396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Can anybody tell me where I can buy Pirelli DR 2 150/60 17 in Bangalore? Also what are the other tire options? Need to change the rear tire soon. Im not considering Metzelers as they are quite expensive.
You could also consider Michelin Pilot Street. I got them for around 10000 for both front and rear in Bangalore. They have decent grip and are supposed to last longer than both the Metz and MRF.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 22:45   #5397
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys

Looking to buy a 390 in early may in Bangalore. Any recommendations on which dealership I should head to and a person I can interact with? I am looking to do a cash down and ride the bike out the same day.

Any tips on pdi would be great. Already have the Vin decoder.

Please do help?
Old 11th April 2016, 08:19   #5398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any recommendations on which dealership I should head to and a person I can interact with?
You could try the one at the entrance of Langford O'Shaughnessy Road, when you're about to take a right turn (coming from
Double Road) towards Divyashree Chambers under the flyover. I've heard positive things about them from a colleague/friend
here at my workplace. He owns a Duke-390. Additionally, you could also try the one at Marathahalli. I've had interactions
with them first hand a few months ago & found them to be satisfactory.

Avoid the one at BTM, 16th Main Junction. Some how the very setup there seems like a half-baked attempt by KTM/Bajaj.
They offer test drive on that narrow, closed & perennially raked service lane.

The Marathahalli folks were accommodating in offering a long test drive given I adhered to their schedule (Saturday noon, 1-3PM'ish).

Please do report back your buying experience with the Bangalore dealership - I might find it useful in few months from now.
Old 11th April 2016, 10:12   #5399
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys

Looking to buy a 390 in early may in Bangalore. Any recommendations on which dealership I should head to and a person I can interact with? I am looking to do a cash down and ride the bike out the same day.

Any tips on pdi would be great. Already have the Vin decoder.

Please do help?
Avoid the BTM showroom. I've not had pleasant experiences with them. You could try the Kathriguppe Showroom. I've heard good reviews about that place.
Old 11th April 2016, 13:57   #5400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations on which dealership I should head to and a person I can interact with? I am looking to do a cash down and ride the bike out the same day. Any tips on pdi would be great. Already have the Vin decoder.
Any showroom apart from the BTM should be good enough. Khivraj in Indiranagar is where i bought mine and did not have any bad experiences. In fact the sales person who sold me the bike was a D200 owner himself and had done close to 6000kms solo ride. Was a good interaction buying the bike from this guy. They adhered to the schedule and had kept a bike reserved for me though it took time for the cheque i had presented to them to get cleared.

On PDI, most of it would already be done. You just have to ensure all the electricals are working fine, engine oil & coolant levels are proper and check to see that the bike is scratchless. That should be about it. The mfg. date/month is also printed on a sticker on the rear number plate in most bikes (Mine had it but 2-3 other bikes did not).

The showroom guys will take 1-2 days to register the bike in your name so after you pay the cash, unless you are ready to risk taking the bike out without a registration, you might have to wait a day or 2 to ride it out!! All the best and waiting for your ownership thread !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks