Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2014, 18:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched

Motorbeam is claiming that the scooter will launch in Apr-14 at a price around Rs.60k, & the deliveries will commence in Jun-14. More details here:

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/honda...start-in-june/
Old 4th April 2014, 12:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Honda has started accepting bookings for the Activa 125. The booking amount for the is st at Rs. 5,000. The Activa 125 is available in two variants - Standard and Deluxe, which are priced at Rs. 56,000 and Rs. 61,000 respectively.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-activa-125.png

Prices sourced from Zigwheels

Last edited by Aditya : 4th April 2014 at 12:58.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 15:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is really nice. Activa married to aviator but with a different engine.

Aviator has a really smooth suspension up front and this is one aspect where active was sorely lacking compared to other scooters.
One thing they must do now, increase the service centre's or increase the capacity of existing ones.

125 already looks to be a winner.
Old 4th April 2014, 21:01   #19
BHPian

Apparently it even comes with a freebie from day one - a six month waiting period I dont understand how a six month waiting period can come in to being even before a single booking has been accepted. Honda and/or dealers up to their usual tricks...
Old 5th April 2014, 09:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Apparently it even comes with a freebie from day one - a six month waiting period I dont understand how a six month waiting period can come in to being even before a single booking has been accepted. Honda and/or dealers up to their usual tricks...
Oh that sounds really bad . I was looking for a scooter for my wife and when I saw this I thought that I could go ahead and book it but it is disappointing to see that the manufacturers are playing their usual tactics.
Old 24th April 2014, 10:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Honda has announced the prices for the Activa 125 across various cities in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 15:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched

Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has launched the Activa 125. The scooter is proced at Rs. 56,607 and Rs. 62,588 (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the standard and Deluxe variants respectively.

Link To Team-BHP News Article

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-activa.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2014 at 16:35.
Old 28th April 2014, 17:20   #23
BHPian

Any news about the delivery dates guys ? I have made a booking but no clue when they start delivering.
Old 28th April 2014, 17:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Any news about the delivery dates guys ? I have made a booking but no clue when they start delivering.
Was checking out the Activa 125 at MPL Honda on Saturday, the salesperson claimed delivery in 1 month - whether it was a ploy to get more bookings, I dont know.

The fit and finish on the 125 seems to be better than the regular Activa, so much that I wonder if we are getting ripped off for 59K on the regular Activa.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:00   #25
BHPian

Wonder if they are going to upgrade the Dio with front telescopic shocks and the new 125 engine.
Anybody heard anything on this regard? Dio with a better engine and front telescopic shocks would b great isn't it? :-)

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 28th April 2014 at 21:01. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 6th May 2014, 23:51   #26
BHPian

I have booked Activa 125 and shall be receiving by the end of this month.
The dealer will receive Black and white colors in the first lot by around mid of May and since I had booked for the midnight blue, i shall be receiving it in the second lot possibly by end of May.
Old 20th May 2014, 21:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
The dealer will receive Black and white colors in the first lot by around mid of May and since I had booked for the midnight blue, i shall be receiving it in the second lot possibly by end of May.
Deliveries of Activa 125 have started in Bangalore. But I guess, only Drum brake Models are available.

Do you feel the additional 6K is worth for Alloys & Front Disc ?
Old 26th May 2014, 17:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Do you feel the additional 6K is worth for Alloys & Front Disc ?
Yes, absolutely! I have a Aviator disk brake and alloy wheels model, and faced the same question. You cannot upgrade your scooter later by giving 6k! This is a one time cost, and you will recover it at the time of resale. The disk brake came handy in a number of situations.

Don't think too much of the 6k now, it is totally worth it for disk and alloys.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 01:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Apparently it even comes with a freebie from day one - a six month waiting period ...... Honda and/or dealers up to their usual tricks...
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Nitro/Sunshine, did you get your Activa 125?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Deliveries of Activa 125 have started in Bangalore. But I guess, only Drum brake Models are available.
I have booked mine six weeks ago in Pune by paying 5K. I followed up today but they still won't commit on the expected delivery date. I offered to pay 70K full amount in advance but they refused to accept. Then I called two other top dealers in Pune, they too refused to commit on delivery. They say the 125 is over-booked; might take another 2~3 months because Honda barely manages to deliver 5 or 6 vehicles to each top dealer in Pune per month and that too the drum-brake models only.

Can someone provide me the email IDs of Honda top management? I would like to send below email ...

Dear Honda, your dealers are treating loyal customers like beggars. Nobody attends to a customer when you walk-in their showroom. Top dealers in Pune, B U Bhandari and Pashankar do not even have a display vehicle at their showroom. Your website "dealer locater" displays the wrong/old address of dealers, thus wasting precious time of customers who first visited the old address. Their sales people have their noses buried in their smartphones (games, Facebook, WhatsApp) and their body language suggests a "take it or leave it attitude". May I ask why such a marketing blitz? .... the hoardings and big-budget ads on TV? Why this hype when you cannot deliver on time?

Wake up Honda !! Don't test the patience of your loyal customer. Today's market has alternate/compatible (if not better) products readily available and with better fuel efficiency. Your arrogance will eventually lead you to a fate similar to GM, Ford and DaimlerChrysler that went bankrupt in 2008 and had to be bailed out using tax-payer's money.
Old 13th August 2014, 12:44   #30
BHPian

[quote=Chewbacca;3503170]+1

I have booked mine six weeks ago in Pune by paying 5K. I followed up today but they still won't commit on the expected delivery date. I offered to pay 70K full amount in advance but they refused to accept. Then I called two other top dealers in Pune, they too refused to commit on delivery. They say the 125 is over-booked; might take another 2~3 months because Honda barely manages to deliver 5 or 6 vehicles to each top dealer in Pune per month and that too the drum-brake models only.

Can someone provide me the email IDs of Honda top management? I would like to send below email ...

My first advice - go for another Brand's Scooter. The difference in quality and reliability is not sky high, that you (the Customer) should be treated like a Beggar.

The overbooked theory is an open lie. Yes, in Bangalore - Drum break models are being delivered but in small Numbers. There are certain technical issues with the Model, for which the manufacturing has been hampered. Even Drum break Models booked about 3 months back are not delivered. And the bookings are only in Hundreds and not in Thousands.

Regarding contacting their Bosses, is a waste of time, because they don't respond. My friend has tried all these and bought a Mahindra Scooter. He's happy with his decision. I'm not suggesting to go for Mahindra, but go for any Brand, where you're treated as a Customer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks