Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched

Link to News Section

The Honda Activa is the best selling automatic scooter in India. The scooter, when it was launched more than a decade ago, redefined the automatic scooter landscape of the country with its refinement and reliability levels, both marks of a best seller. To capitalize on the Activa brand name, the Japanese two wheeler giant added a new, cut-price variant to the Activa range a few weeks ago.

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-honda-activa-110.jpg

Called the Activa-i variant, the new scooter is a slimmer, lighter version, aimed at people who find the regular variant too bulbous for their tastes. By pricing the Activa-i a few thousand rupees lower than the regular Activa, Honda is playing the value card to good measure and big volumes could be the outcome. Now, Honda is said to be eyeing further expansion of the Activa range by adding a 125cc heart to the scooter.

The Activa 125, according to a rumour originating on AutoCarIndia, could be launched in a few weeks from now. The Activa 125, if launched, will be the first 125cc engined scooter model in Honda's Indian range. The scooter will compete with the likes of the Suzuki Access 125 and the Vespa LX125. It will be interesting to see how Honda manages to price and position the new product.

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-honda-aviator.jpg

Currently, the Japanese two wheeler maker has four automatic scooters: Activa-i, Dio, Activa and Aviator. All scooters, featuring 110cc four stroke engines with HET, offer the buyer different price and size points. While the Activa-i and Dio are aimed at people with slimmer builds, the Activa and Aviator suit bigger built people, with the Aviator aimed chiefly at menfolk. So, the major differentiating factor of the larger, 125cc engined Activa could be its additional power and torque.

A front disc brake and telescopic front forks are two other features that should make it to the Activa 125, considering the fact that it could be Honda's flagship scooter offering in India. Currently, the Aviator 110 is Honda's most expensive scooter offering, selling at 53,547 rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. The Activa 125 could be priced at a similar level or even higher considering the bigger engine it is touted to offer.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 3rd July 2013 at 12:06. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:38   #2
BHPian

re: Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched

A very welcome move by Honda! Hope they do away with the 'Activa' tag and coin a different name altogether!

Just took a closer look at the Activa-i last week and the quality just shows almost everywhere!
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:06   #3
BHPian

Good news indeed. What i am looking for is 150 plus cc automatic scooter. Currently using rodeo 2012 model. It is powerful but some quality concerns liking bulb fusage and digital console malfunctions after riding in rainy season. Heard similar concerns from other users too. When honda is coming with their model ruckus?
Old 5th July 2013, 11:17   #4
BHPian

A good move by Honda.
Currently, the Access is the zippiest of all the automatics thanks to its 125cc mill.

Now what we have to see is , if it will replace the current gen Activa or will they sell alongside it. The automatics market is really heating up, leaving the customer spoilt for choice.

-Bhargav
Old 19th July 2013, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Is this what Honda's global model is planning to launch in India in Aug/Sep 2013? If it is, it is amazing packed with features and dressed like a queen!

http://www.honda.com.vn/vn/xe-may/san-pham/lead-125cc/
ramki067 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 17:59   #6
BHPian

It would be fantastic if Honda launched that here!

But I'm not keeping my hopes high. There's no way they're going to put that fuel injected engine in this sort of price range. Would love it if Honda proves me wrong, though!
Old 11th October 2013, 16:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Out of amusement, do read the specs page of Honda Lead, posted above.

http://translate.google.co.in/transl...am/lead-125cc/

37 liters of storage! If there were tough market in India, Honda might have launched it, but currently there is no hope of such launch.

Any update on the 125cc engine?
Old 11th October 2013, 17:13   #8
BHPian

Good if Honda brings that to India. But one question I always had is why don't they put automatic transmission in motorcycles? It will be a comfortable feature.
Old 19th October 2013, 19:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav amlekar View Post
Good if Honda brings that to India. But one question I always had is why don't they put automatic transmission in motorcycles? It will be a comfortable feature.
Hi vaibhav , i am fully aligned with your points. Tvs jive was clutchless bike introduced and discontinued. Honda vfr is coming with auto and manual options. Aprilia mana 850 cc also have that option. As you know vfr is very expensive and aprilia mana yet to be launched in india. Very comfortable option indeed. It will make " anyone can ride" . :-)
Old 18th January 2014, 12:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

As per ACI, Active 125 (cc) will be unveiled at the Auto Expo '14. This will compete with Piaggio Vespa, Mahindra's Duro + Rodeo & Suzuki's Access + Swish.

Link to ACI article:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-369904.aspx
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 11:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

It's been launched at the Auto-Expo 2014. Here is a pic of the same (courtesy Motoriods):

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-hondaactiva125imagesautoexpo2014600x435.jpg.pagespeed.ce.pdyf6byxb.jpg

More details here:

http://www.motoroids.com/news/auto-e...-125-unveiled/

Quote:
The new Honda Activa 125 is powered by a 4 stroke, 125cc, single cylinder motor that has a max power of 8.6bhp at 6500rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500rpm. The motor comes mated to a V-Matic transmission and suspension duties are courtesy telescoping forks at front and spring loaded hydraulic type at the rear. At front you will find 190mm disc brake, while the rear conventional 135mm drum brakes. The new scooter is equipped with tubeless tires and the new Activa 125 will be available in four colours.
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 11:39   #12
BHPian

I was hoping the rumor of Honda releasing the Honda PCX 125 or PCX 150 high-end scooters also being true. These are topsellers in European markets.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I was hoping the rumor of Honda releasing the Honda PCX 125 or PCX 150 high-end scooters also being true. These are topsellers in European markets.
The PCX125 is indeed here (at the Auto Expo 2014). See pics:

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-hondapcx125india.jpg

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-hondapcx125indiaautoexpo.jpg

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-hondapcx125indiashowcase.jpg

The Specs (refer below link) seem exciting for the scooter:

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/honda...014-auto-expo/

However, it is a showcase only, & there is confirmation of it launch in India .
CARDEEP is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 18:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The PCX125 is indeed here (at the Auto Expo 2014).

However, it is a showcase only, & there is confirmation of it launch in India .
Darn, utterly stupid. I would pay 80-90k for this loaded beauty, would be a great counter to Vespa S. If high-end bikes can sell, why not high-end scooters?
Old 8th March 2014, 17:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Brochure of the scooter is now available. Here is the same (courtesy IAB):

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-1hondaactiva125brochure11024x749.jpg

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-2hondaactiva125brochure21024x749.jpg

Rumour: Honda Activa 125 in the works? EDIT: Now launched-3hondaactiva125brochure31024x749.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks