Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 07:53   #16
NMS
BHPian

Re: Saddlesores : Why They Are Not Worth It

Very Interesting Topic Argee, And I loved the way you have put in the three perspectives.
The comments that people have added are also very true, that by attempting something of this sorts you are also endangering quite a few other people (and other variables ) on the roads.
The other day I checked out the SS website:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ge...t.cfm?DocID=30
In a way I realized such endurance rides aren't best suited for Indian conditions.
Our roads and more importantly the conditions aren't the best to complete such endurance rides.

I do know a friend of mine who had completed the SS ride in the first attempt, though he had enough riding experience before that. But I know for a fact that he did it for his love of riding than to prove a point to anyone, and frankly he would have been as happy at the end of it even if he hadn't met the required criteria.
Offlate there are too many people and pseudo "Bikers" who want to attempt the saddle sore, and it is frustrating to hear every second kid on the road talk about SS's and BB's !
NMS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Saddlesores : Why They Are Not Worth It

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
1. east coast to west coast. (dont know who has that)
Technically it's HVK Sir, however, he hasn't applied for LBR. His timings are lesser than the current LBR holder.

Quote:
2. kanyakumari to ladakh. (held by record drive (Suresh Joseph))
It's broken by Bhaskar Mandapaka & Prabakar Rao last year

Quote:
3. touching all state capitals. (tantalizing india)
This I don't know; however Mr Prakash Holla from Hyderabad did that on his CBR 250R last year
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks