Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2006, 15:11   #1
BHPian

help me plan to mod my apache

hi guys
it has been 2000kms and almost one month since i bought my beauty (apache) . now after many suggestions from my friends i think to put an engine cover on my bike . the only question is that how will it look after that change ?
the second thing i wanted to know is that is it good to put a performance air filter on my bike as it is very new? is there any brand which i shud go for to modify it ? and lastly how much will it cost ? .
is there anything else that i can do to my bike which can help ?

any bit of help is appreciated
Old 6th June 2006, 15:24   #2
BHPian

Hey garvit2002 : Please don't put those engine covers . Your engine will heat up faster .
K&N or UNI filters will help. Price will be around 1700-2000 i guess.
Old 6th June 2006, 16:24   #3
BHPian

K&N -
Model - RC-1060
Costs you arnd Rs.1800.
Best for 150CC bikes.

n yeah , dump those TVS-tyres and get a Pirelli for the 18 inch rear.
Old 11th June 2006, 22:11   #4

Mods for the apache:-gyan you were not looking for

I think before you decide to go in for any mods,decide what you want from them i.e. performance or looks.If it is performance then there are filters,upjetting,exhausts,spark plugs,fiddling with the head,tyres,alloys ,quick throttle,coil winding et al.If it is looks you have in mind then there are alloys,paint job,grips seats etc.
Take your time ,find out what you want & what money you are willing to spend & then take it forward.Hope you do not mind all the gyan.

Last edited by smoke2gold : 11th June 2006 at 22:12.
Old 11th June 2006, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

And no stupid fake mufflers....the sound totally sux, and looks cheap too.
Get an airfilter, best thing to do.
Old 13th June 2006, 14:03   #6
BHPian

guys primarily i want to enhance the looks , the performance is secondary .only want to grab extra attention on roads
Old 13th June 2006, 14:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

To me Apache would be better as a naked bike.
Old 14th June 2006, 03:17   #8

Modifying a bike makes it look cheap. the job rarely can be compared with the factory finish.

moreover whenever i see a guy with his modified bike, i personally feel that guy is trying too hard to get attention. it's sort of uncool.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:55   #9

yup guys, I totally agree. And I think a brand new Apache would look pretty eyecatching anyways, cosidering the fact that there are hardly any on the roads. And then, its a very beautiful bike by itself

gravit, is there IDI Lean Burn written on the silencer of your bike??
Old 14th June 2006, 13:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowingInDaWind
yup guys, I totally agree. And I think a brand new Apache would look pretty eyecatching anyways, cosidering the fact that there are hardly any on the roads. And then, its a very beautiful bike by itself

gravit, is there IDI Lean Burn written on the silencer of your bike??
hey first of all its not gravit its garvit .... yes i saw that thing when i was selecting color . it was not on the red ones but yes i have it on my bike
Old 14th June 2006, 13:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indica1998
Modifying a bike makes it look cheap. the job rarely can be compared with the factory finish.

moreover whenever i see a guy with his modified bike, i personally feel that guy is trying too hard to get attention. it's sort of uncool.
i was never going to put those stupid graphics and that dummy double silencer . i dont want to screw my bike . i was just looking for something better than that
Old 15th June 2006, 18:32   #12

There are aftermarket jobs which are as good if not better than factory job.depends on who did it & what money you spend.its not catching attention its for what you wanted in the first place & those things are not available in the market.

My suggestion with your permission would be that the Apache is an attractive beast so be careful when tampering with its look.Go in for handlegrips from PROGRIP,Maybe saddlebags or the tank bag from CRAMSTER.The COLT would be a good option.Take a look at front illumination.

Do what feels right to you.That is what being on a bike is about.Be yourself,express yourself.You only have to please yourself.
Old 19th November 2007, 15:00   #13

i m thinking to remove the indicator lights and replace them with a small light glued to the body. what do u think guyz?
Old 19th November 2007, 22:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

i was guessing if you, go in for the air filter mod, you may also need to Up-jet, so i needed a small favor, can you tell us the size of the jet, i mean the main jet on your bike, as i was hoping to replace the jet on my unicorn from the stock 115 to the 117 or 118 but the maximum size i intend to increase is to not more than 120 size, if this bike has a bigger jet it would help my unicorn mod too.

also just check out the apache rtr 160 mod thread for the suggestion that have flown in befor might help you,
here is the thread,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...he-rtr160.html

In my opinion i would say you better, get a Tectrac exhaust and the air filter along with it if you want performance, thats all

Last edited by rider60 : 19th November 2007 at 22:27.
Old 21st November 2007, 21:06   #15

hai bikerz....um frm Bangladesh...n just bought an all new apache150 which iz though quite old to u guyz...!!..our govrnment just approved 150 cc bikez..so itz a bit past here...anywaz....i would really love 2 do some modz to itz look...although its hot in its stock version....i am thinking of removing the back indicators and replace them with small lightz glued to the body<back>.........guyz if u hv any other ideaz<as u guyz r seeing n riding apache more den 2yrz>...plz do post....n can u send ur bikez pic to me...i want apache 2 b the best bike in dhaka...frm all angelz..!!!thnx 4 reading

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks