Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 06:57   #31
BHPian

Re: I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Waiting for the Mods to clean up the thread.
Cleaning up this thread would mean tampering with evidence.

With Hyderabad Traffic Police having a decent web presence these days, I won't be surprised if they stumble upon this - considering team-bhp being 'the largest' automotive forum in our country and this is pertaining to Hyderabad.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 29th August 2013 at 06:59.
discobiscuit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 11:29   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
This seems to be happening too often. !his is outright stupid & dangerous posting pictures on the internet.
The member has a valid point. The traffic website has publicly listed records. There is no hidden information shared on this thread.

Quote:
Waiting for the Mods to clean up the thread.
Sorry Hillram, this thread will not be 'cleaned up'.

The member has posted a factual question and you owe an answer to all of us. Why is your motorcycle running plates of another vehicle, that is a completely different brand & model?
GTO is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 11:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The member has posted a factual question and you owe an answer to all of us. Why is your motorcycle running plates of another vehicle, that is a completely different brand & model?
Apparently there was a problem with my NOC, as per my agent and the aforesaid number which is already active has been wrongly allocated to me. Hence I need to revert back to TN number now. I jumped the gun and got the number plates done at the behest of my agent.
So I will be applying for a new registration number once I get a clear NOC.
Thanks to Team BHP for helping me getting this sorted out.

Last edited by hillram : 29th August 2013 at 12:17.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The member has a valid point. The traffic website has publicly listed records. There is no hidden information shared on this thread.

Sorry Hillram, this thread will not be 'cleaned up'.

Thank you GTO.

With the amount of Auto theft these days it is a comforting factor that these records are shared by the Transportation department.

Quote:
Apparently there was a problem with my NOC, as per my agent and the aforesaid number which is already active has been wrongly allocated to me. Hence I need to revert back to TN number now. I jumped the gun and got the number plates done at the behest of my agent.
So I will be applying for a new registration number once I get a clear NOC.
Thanks to Team BHP for getting this sorted.
If there was a problem wit the NOC, how did you get it registered in the first place? I can understand that you have contacts in the RTA, but this is unheard of.

After doing a little digging, i found discrepancy with most of the vehicles in your garage, and I m confused now Attaching a pic for better understanding.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram.png  

discobiscuit is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After doing a little digging, i found discrepancy with most of the vehicles in your garage, and I m confused now Attaching a pic for better understanding.
Im not sure what you are hinting here.
Most of my vehicles are purchased second hand and I refurbish them.These vehicles are not transfered to my name, because they lose resale price, if I do so. Not that i will resell them as most of them are of collectible purpose and dont ply on roads.
Most of the vehicles are more than 15 year old and hence the records are not correct.

Also these vehicles are purchased at a very low cost. For eg: the above LML Supremo was purchased for Rs.1200. Hence transfering their ownership is practically redundant.
Hope this satisfies your query.

Certain Vintage car of mine took 6 years for records to be updated and show my correct name in the RTA records.
Lets not go OT on this. If you have any queries, you can always PM me. Im ready to give any substantiation.

Last edited by hillram : 29th August 2013 at 12:38.
Old 29th August 2013, 12:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Most of my vehicles are purchased second hand and I refurbish them.These vehicles are not transfered to my name, because they lose resale price, if I do so. Not that i will resell them as most of them are of collectible purpose and dont ply on roads.
Most of the vehicles are more than 15 year old and hence the records are not correct.

Certain Vintage car of mine took 6 years for records to be updated and show my correct name in the RTA records.
Lets not go OT on this. If you have any queries, you can always PM me. Im ready to give any substantiation.
If that were the case the vehicle would still remain the same. The RC of my bike has my name but the online records show the previous owner. The bike make and model is the same though.
MindSpeeDs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also these vehicles are purchased at a very low cost. For eg: the above LML Supremo was purchased for Rs.1200. Hence transfering their ownership is practically redundant.

Fair enough.
you bought a scooter, and did not get transferred to your name. Right.
However, why does the RTO site say Tractor. Does AP RTO register scooters as "tractors"
tsk1979 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Fair enough.
However, why does the RTO site say Tractor. Does AP RTO register scooters as "tractors"
Good question..When one spends just Rs.1200 on acquiring a scooter to add to ones collectibles of Vespa and refurbishes it with few more thousands, does it matter if the vehicle is registered as a tractor or a back-how loader.
As a collectible, they are minimally used.
Old 29th August 2013, 12:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:

My query is just that how do names of vehicles change. Ok, maybe it is possible to confuse a Maruti 1000cc with a Maruti Esteem during registration, but in this case 4 wheelers are being confused with 2 wheelers and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
If that were the case the vehicle would still remain the same. The RC of my bike has my name but the online records show the previous owner. The bike make and model is the same though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Fair enough.
+1

I have attached some pictures. I am just seeking clarification as to how this is possible. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to understand this better.

EDIT - PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THESE PICTURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM YOUR TEAM BHP GARAGE, AND IT IT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC VIEW.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram2.png  

I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram4.png  

I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram5.png  

I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram3.png  

Last edited by discobiscuit : 29th August 2013 at 12:56.
discobiscuit is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 12:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have attached some pictures. I am just seeking clarification as to how this is possible. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to understand this better.
Believe me..I have not myself gone and checked these registration numbers and checked their validity. I just didnt bother. This happens only with vehicles which are old, which I love collecting.
As i said earlier, they are part of my collectibles, that I dont use them at all and are kept purely for display.
All i do is maintain them to pristine condition, blowing up so much money...One day I might just scrap them, for all means.

The best part is that nearly 15 of my vehicles were bought through Team BHP Forum or Team BHP Classifieds or through Team BHP Members.
Let me know, if you have any classic or Vintage automobile that I can buy from you.

Last edited by hillram : 29th August 2013 at 13:02.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Believe me..I have not myself gone and checked these registration numbers and checked their validity. I just didnt bother.
As i said earlier, they are part of my collectibles, that I dont use them at all and are kept purely for display. One day I might just scrap them, for all means.
Would that by any means mean they were all purchased without papers? Random numbers were allocated?
MindSpeeDs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 13:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Would that by any means mean they were all purchased without papers? Random numbers were allocated?
Papers will all be available..But sometimes, the manufacturer's name , model doesnt match.
For eg: I had an imported Toyota Corona, which does not have Model "Corona" in the RTA registration list. Hence they register it as Corolla, which is a current model.
A Fiat 1100 when re- registered does not throw up the model 1100..hence gets registered under Fiat Uno or Siena, which ever is convenient for the RTA official to choose from the drop down list. Most of the vehicles registration information for old vehicles will be inaccurate. But this cannot be considered as a discrepancy.

Last edited by hillram : 29th August 2013 at 13:13.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Believe me..I have not myself gone and checked these registration numbers and checked their validity. I just didnt bother. This happens only with vehicles which are old, which I love collecting.
As i said earlier, they are part of my collectibles, that I dont use them at all and are kept purely for display.
All i do is maintain them to pristine condition, blowing up so much money...One day I might just scrap them, for all means.

The best part is that nearly 15 of my vehicles were bought through Team BHP Forum or Team BHP Classifieds or through Team BHP Members.
Let me know, if you have any classic or Vintage automobile that I can buy from you.
Is the what everybody does? or something you do?

Would be interesting to hear from other antique / classic collectors

I have a Austin A8 from 1938 and it's papers claim the same.

What happened to this one? (Picture)
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-hillram6.png  

Last edited by discobiscuit : 29th August 2013 at 13:13.
discobiscuit is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 13:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Papers will all be available..But sometimes, the manufacturer's name , model dont match.
For eg: I had an imported Toyota Corona, which does not have Model "Corona" in the RTA registration list. Hence they register it as Corolla, which is a current model.
A Fiat 1100 when re- registered does not throw up the model 1100..hence gets registered under Fiat Uno or Siena, which ever is convenient for the RTA official to choose from the drop down list.
That, perhaps, can understand. Tough to figure out how a car or lml can be mentioned as a luna/moped. Even the original registration would, in all probabilities, have the right category and make.
MindSpeeDs is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 13:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Austin A8 from 1938 and it's papers claim the same.
Good for you that you have all the papers for your Austin intact as it increases its value immensely.
I have some of my classics too with accurate papers, like my Fiat 1100 Super Select (APY 8586).

Believe me , lot of Vintage automobile owners struggle to get right papers and documentation for their vehicles.

Last edited by hillram : 29th August 2013 at 13:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed