Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 16:47   #211
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Correct jeeva! Rectifier, he fitted one more to original setup however after that I experienced some break down like, ignition coil wire short and etc and somewhere in my mind I thought the new wiring is the cause and I removed it :P

But the main point is how should I improve the horn quality, fitting the new pair with cut-out is the only solution?

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 28th January 2011, 17:50   #212
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

guys!! i have this issue with my TBTS.. whenever i start my bike in the mornings, as i start giving throttle, it skips a few beats.. this keeps occurring each time im below 1500 rpm and try to speed up.. now the service centre tells me this is normal and that all the UCE bikes have this during cold starts..
as much as i love my bike, i dont know her well enough from the inside... so is this true with the UCE bikes? if not, what do you think could be the problem?
the bike is over 3 months old and has about 4000kms on it..
Thanks in advance..

Last edited by bivin : 28th January 2011 at 17:53.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:34   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
guys!! i have this issue with my TBTS.. whenever i start my bike in the mornings, as i start giving throttle, it skips a few beats.. this keeps occurring each time im below 1500 rpm and try to speed up.. now the service centre tells me this is normal and that all the UCE bikes have this during cold starts..
as much as i love my bike, i dont know her well enough from the inside... so is this true with the UCE bikes? if not, what do you think could be the problem?
the bike is over 3 months old and has about 4000kms on it..
Thanks in advance..
Cold starts are difficult for me too and I end up using the choke almost all the time for initial start-up. But once it is warm enough it settles down in a regular rhythm. If it doesn't skip a beat later when the engine is warm then you are good.

Lately the rear wheel of my TBTS feels like its going to one side (a feeling of skidding) when i apply brake or when i try to turn. The mechanic says its because of the inferior rear wheel bush quality provided by the RE. anyone else can confirm that?
cheers!!

Last edited by schitre05 : 31st January 2011 at 17:36.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:02   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Lately the rear wheel of my TBTS feels like its going to one side (a feeling of skidding) when i apply brake or when i try to turn. The mechanic says its because of the inferior rear wheel bush quality provided by the RE. anyone else can confirm that?
cheers!!
Some check points:
1. Check the air pressure (30psi is good enough)
2. Check the swing arm bush and the nuts.
3. Check the wheel bearings and get the wheel "trued".
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 22:57   #215
Senior - BHPian

Good Battery for Std.

All,
After sacrificing two bullet's paint on chasis and chain cover. I tried dry battery from UPS. It worked fine for almost 1.6 yrs in one bike and still going strong in second bull. Now my question is should i go for dry battery again or go for Amaron Maintenance Free Battery.
I inquired with pune dealer but he is saying that i will have to go for 9 Amp one for warranty coverage, Amaron do not provide warranty for Bullet on their 5 Amp battery. And i need 5 Amp for my Std Bulls.
can you guys please suggest good option.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:13   #216
BHPian

Hi Shubhendra,

I am also planning to install new battery for my STD 350, please let me know if you get any information about the company, price and warranty.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:19   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And i need 5 Amp for my Std Bulls
Why cant we fit a 9Amp on the standard. I myself want to get hold of the 14amp that used to come some time back. Currently they are not available.

Just retrofit the battery box and get a 9Amp. I have a STD 500 and getting a STD 350 sometime this month. I am sure i will retrofit a 9amp in the 350.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:41   #218
BHPian

Hi,

Why 9 amp sir?

I am installing new battery 5 amp today, you will need 9 amp if you are fitting electric starter otherwise 5 amp is good enough for STD 350.

Also for 9 amp you will need change battery box and wiring as well because the stock wiring on STD 350 is not good for 9 amp battery.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good Battery for Std.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
... have to go for 9 Amp one for warranty coverage, Amaron do not provide warranty for Bullet on their 5 Amp battery...
Why would they mention following on their website then?

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-amaronbulletbattery.jpg

Power Fitments

Looks like your dealer is pulling a fast one. Challenge him.

-BJ
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:32   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Guys, Any Recommendations on Garages anywhere Ernakulam district/Thodupuzha Who can do Complete Rebuild of Bullets?

Thanks.
I am a Bulleteer for the past 12 years and had been to many (famous) mechanics in and around Ernakulam. Among all of them I finally selected Mr Arun, who has his garage at his home at Rice Research Road, Chalikkavattom near Vytilla as my "Bullet Doctor". He has around 200 Bullets under his supervision in kerala.
I found in many mechanics the attitude is that the customer should come back to him the very next time. SO they complete repair works in such a manner so that you finally become a regular visitor of his Workshop!!
After having so much of bad experiences with many "Asaans"(Masters) I found this chap (Arun) genuine and very skilled.

All the best and wishing a Nice Bullet ownership experience...
Bullet Balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hi,

Why 9 amp sir?

I am installing new battery 5 amp today, you will need 9 amp if you are fitting electric starter otherwise 5 amp is good enough for STD 350.

Also for 9 amp you will need change battery box and wiring as well because the stock wiring on STD 350 is not good for 9 amp battery.

Thanks,
Vishal
Vishal,
This was my point, why should we take 9Amp,when we need 5Amp. I will contact Amaron Pit stop Guys tomorrow,Then i will Update you guys.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 4th February 2011, 18:52   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Cold starts are difficult for me too and I end up using the choke almost all the time for initial start-up. But once it is warm enough it settles down in a regular rhythm. If it doesn't skip a beat later when the engine is warm then you are good.

cheers!!
well ive tried that!! sometimes the choke is on for upto a minute!! it still continues!! forget the cold starts, it happens in the hottest of afternoons, even after the choke!!
Old 6th February 2011, 11:50   #223
BHPian

Friends,

I am using RE STD 350 for one and half year, from last month or so I am facing rear wheel slipping issue, when I take turn I feel like bike will skid anytime and I loose confidence.

Is anyone facing same issue? I am thinking of moving to big tire however that will hamper the FE.

I checked with my mechanic but you know how are the bullet mechanics.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 8th February 2011, 14:20   #224
BHPian

Re: Good Battery for Std.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
All,
I inquired with pune dealer but he is saying that i will have to go for 9 Amp one for warranty coverage, Amaron do not provide warranty for Bullet on their 5 Amp battery. And i need 5 Amp for my Std Bulls.
Shubhendra Singh
Within a year of purchase, the AMCO batteries on my bullet are almost dead. Luckily it is not giving me any starting problem, when at night with the headlights on the horn dies. Sometimes i also cant hear the horn tone. Instead of getting a replacement of another AMCO i decided i will go for a new Amaron batteries.

I enquired with the dealer here in Bangalore and 5 amp battery(for bullet)comes with 5 years warranty. I suggest you to check with other dealer about the warranty.

I fail to understand the logic behind not giving warranty for bullets. Or atleast i cant think of any reason.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:24   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
I am facing rear wheel slipping issue, when I take turn I feel like bike will skid anytime and I loose confidence.
Is anyone facing same issue?
Hey, the problem might be with alignment of the rear wheel. Check for any dents/bend in the wheel. Its mainly because of this you feel like bike is going out of controls when turning.
If there is a bend in the wheel you can get it removed easily. For small bends tuning the spokes will suffice.

Most Viewed