Team-BHP - The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/14053-royal-enfield-mechanics-thread-all-mechanics-requirements-queries-here-2.html)

Hi,
Mr Gurunandan aka Nandan near the Hebbal flyover-Nagshettyhalli is a very knowledgable person indeed. You can attend his classes about the Bullet and stuff ..but he dosent care for the service. Ph.No: 9845771931

The one on the Nandidurga road-Mehboob garage sucks a big time. They just replace parts, never bother to think about repairng them, just to make some quick bucks. But i would say that their service is ok. If at all, you are planning to go there, make sure that you get all the spares yourself before hand. Those guys charge a bomb on spares.
Ph No :Syed Firoz -080-23436682,22924003

There is another one on KR road, banshankari 2nd stage. The name of the shop is OM Shakthi. These guys are ok. There is one guy by the name Kannan. he is good. Ph. No: 9448682470.

Even i ve heard that the one on the CMH road is really good. But personally i feel that there is not much you can do to reduce the AVL engine sound.;)

Happy Thumping brother. Ride Safe

If you live in Jayanagar / basavanagudi area, there is one excellent mechanic Narayan , near lalbagh. He was with madras motors , jc road and started on his own after it was closed.

He knows his Bullets very well and does a very decent job on standard / AVLd bulls.

He takes care of MY TB and many bulleteeers have migrated from madras motors to him. PM me if you need an intro / contacts to him.

Sreerajunnithan, there are a lot of good mechanics in banglore but ideally what i would suggest is to find a good bullet mechanic who's honest and who does a decent job and who has decent experience on bullets and avls and is closer to your home.

It would not be practical for you to run to your excellent (if theres one like that) bullet mechanic 30 kilometers away and who's on the other side of the Banglore everytime for every small probs.

In JP nagar area there's Fayaz and Tirupati both are good. In JC road area there's Farooq and Yusuf (Fayaz's elder bros), Anand on CMH road indiranagar is very helpful but haven't been there yet but friends have. Near Thom's bakery there's Muneer bhai he's an old man and a veteran with the thumpers. Never been there but my friend gets his Bullets and triumphs done by him. These are the mechs i know of.

I go to Fayaz coz he's nearer to my place and does a decent job and has the patience to listen to me.

Find a mech see his other customers and see how he gets the work done on yours and as well as others bikes, engine works, listen to other customers what they tell him, and then you'll know whether to continue there or not.

OT! you may see sankar at fayaz's garage these days...lives there...well almost

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketan (Post 447991)
has anyone had any service experiance with them! how are they! their contact numbers!!
Thanks.

Where do you stay Katan?
Many names have been taken here in this thread.
I have experiences with many bullet Mechanics in Bangalore and the reason why I have never gone to them again is because I wanted some one with the qualities of a good mechanic.
1. No point in going to a mechanic who is not at all interested in picking a spanner in his hand, he would rather interested in talking to you all the theories to impress you. You can learn from him but your bike.
2. Trustworthy- if not, they will take advantage of your ignorance.
3. Those who are not interested in taking up the job and finishing it as per customers satisfaction. They just want to finish the job somehow and move to the next bike. More work more money.
4. Mechanic far from your place. It's too difficult to mange.
5. And of course stay away from mechanics who work on assumptions. Some are more ignorant than we are.
There are mechanics like Muneer who are very much experienced and so, he does only the right thing and charge you only for the work done.
6. Last but not the least- stick on to one mechanic if possible.

By the way, congrats to you for the new 500 purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kph (Post 451453)
Where do you stay Katan?

Thank you kph,,
I live close to HSR layout and go to work at inner ring road (domlur). let me know if there are any mech close to this area, I have heard about Munnerbhai a lot where exactly is this Thom's backery! I'm not so familiar with the complete geography of bangalore but I can find out the area easily with maps...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketan (Post 451663)
Thank you kph,,
I live close to HSR layout and go to work at inner ring road (domlur). let me know if there are any mech close to this area, I have heard about Munnerbhai a lot where exactly is this Thom's backery! I'm not so familiar with the complete geography of bangalore but I can find out the area easily with maps...

My mech is one guy at Banaswadi who is one of the desciples of Muneer. His name is Nawas. His garage is "Muneer's garage". Unfortunately I dont know anyone at your area.

hi

guys i have a thunder bird 2003 model i have gt issue with its tappet adjustment whenevr the mechanic (showroomwala) does the adjustment it will be smooth for a month after that the noise becomes very high so i need to put an end to this,my beast has done 17k+ .so ineed some1 who has handled thunderbirds earlier who can rectify this problem .

hoping for a positive response soon.......

I hope you are not comparing the noise levels of the T'Bird to a standard 350. The LB350 engines are known to make more noise than the std 350s. Tappets loosening up with heat and making more noise than when they were tightened is also usual. Compare the noise with another T'Bird, prefereably from the same year rather even same half of the year. If you still have a problem you can go to Muneer Bhai. You can find his shop in the last left, through an Iron arch, when you continue down the road which takes you from Brigade road to Commercial street.

Dude, never try to tighten the tappets just because its noisy. it might get you into trouble. what noise you are talking about might be coming from the cam wheel, which could be adjusted.

Where are you getting your bike serviced?

Which part of the town you live in?

@ rajagopal

I am not comparing the noise levels with the standard 350 (which was my first ride before TB) what i am witnessing is that when i am running the engine in optimum powerband i hear some noise which is defnitely some metal metal hitting... when i complain this to the Royal Enfield showroom (near east end, blore) he checks out n says that everything is normal .....

@lohithrao

oh i never do that from past 4 yrs i am kinda got used to it now i guess ur right it might cam wheel , i get my bike serviced @ royal Enfield showroom near east end...... i live in BTM layout

Good, if the tappets are too loose even then you might get into trouble. so get it rightly set, this a competent mech would be able to do that.

If you are going to RE Brand store then ask for "Sundar" this guy prety competent.

But if you are looking for better job then you can try "Muneer" on thimaiah road or Nandan who is near Hebbal but both of them will take good time. so you need to have lots of patience.

@lohithrao

thanks for ur suggestion i ill go to RE brand store & will try my luck again...

Hi,

I stay in the western suburbs but am familiar with most of Mumbai.

I'm interested in knowing the best mechanics for Bullets that you know of

And also who, in your opinion, are the best performance modders for Bullet again in Mumbai.

Your inputs will be really appreciated, am going to get my bike overhauled, will post a separate thread for that - before and after.

It's in fairly good spic but needs a new handle, head, paint job, chroming, you get the picture I think.

Thanks!

Try Feroz of Mehboob Garage he is the best in Bangalore and best part is his is a Enfield certified garage. Also I personally recommend Aneif (Mostly does 100cc work but the piston job he did on my Bull was terriffic) if you stay near Madivala area his number is 9341118267