Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th June 2019, 12:33   #436
BHPian

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Andheri East Highway Road: (Highly recommended)

Santacruz:
- Anthony
Can someone, give me the exact address of Anthony's garage in Santacruz / Juhu Galli. I dont know the place well, so a landmark that Googlemaps can identify will be very helpful
HandfulOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 08:36   #437
BHPian

Hi,

Need some help. I am currently on a trip to chitkul and on the way back to Shimla got stranded as the tyre got a cut.

Had to change the tube 3 times yesterday in Rampur and Narkanda. Have put a coating and an oversized tube since 120/80/18 size is not available anywhere in the hills. This is for rear tyre of Classic 500 desert storm.

Any clue for a shop in shimla where I can get the new set?

We are 2 people on one bike and have luggage as well. Had a real rough day yesterday.

Help appreciated!
saurabh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 18:30   #438
BHPian

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
John's garage is the one which is very popular among the Bullet fraternity in Delhi. He is a very honest and a reasonable guy. I can vouch for this, inspite of my bad hindi and the new place as it was then.
John's garage is at Mahipalpur. When you are going to Delhi from Gurgoan, once you reach the Mahipalpur fly over, take the left service road. Go under the flyover and take a U turn. On the left side you will pass Radissons hotel. Keep a good watch to your left. The garage is behind a small compound wall and can be easily missed. Pappu's number was 9811375839, not sure if it has changed now.
Hi,

I know its a long shot and this post was written in 2010, but I am curious to know whether this workshop is still running? Need to get my bike serviced over the weekend.
Old 21st June 2019, 16:27   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hi,

I know its a long shot and this post was written in 2010, but I am curious to know whether this workshop is still running? Need to get my bike serviced over the weekend.
Update on this one:

The garage is very much still there. Got my bike serviced last weekend from there. Must say, when John arrived, there was a swagger around him! His bike is definitely a show-stopper, having done more than 3 lakh Kms.

His shop is currently sealed and he services bike in a make shift arrangement in front of the shop. Don't expect to get a lot of spares there. Also, with only one mechanic at hand, weekends are typically occupied there and you might have to wait for hours before your bike is serviced.