Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2006, 12:39   #1
BHPian

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Hi all,

I am new to this community. I had been using a Royal Enfield before 6 years. After coming to Bangalore I used CBZ, Pulsar, RX 100 and now again ended up purchasing with a brand new Machismo last March. As all bulleteers know, New Mach is having an AVL engine. It’s a bit noisy comparing to conventional cast iron engines, But Gives Good Pick up (0 – 60 in 8 secs) and Mileage. I heard that we can reduce this noise for an extent with the help of a good Bullet Mech. Is there is any one who can suggest me a good Mech in Bangalore? (Should be Good with Thunder Bird also, Mach and Thunder is having the same engine)

Old 10th June 2006, 18:33   #2
BHPian

hi sree congrats on ur new machine sir well you can take ur bike to BMW near mavalli the mechs name is yusuf he is good if you have time just goto to the garage because if you ignore it he will take long time he has a little kobuu!! his number is 944855403.one more guy call joe and the best ronchinoy he is expensive but the work he does is no one can touch ur bullet..hey why dont you join xbhp.com there you can get all your answers!!!

Last edited by chetan : 10th June 2006 at 18:35.
Old 10th June 2006, 22:42   #3
BHPian

for bullets, there is a guy on nandi durga road, supposed to be the best in bangalore.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:54   #4
BHPian

Hey dude.

There is an enfield showroom on CMH road. Near that showroom there is an enfield garage run by Anand. The showroom folk refered me to him. Phenomenal fellow, very friendly and knows each customer by name and knows the vehicle in and out. I met him to purchase a second hand which he got me for a phenomenal rate. I had an accident on the bike and the insurance papers werent in order; he actually helped me find a loophole and i got the insurance claim.

He is very reputed in the Enfield owners circle. If yuo want his exact location you'll have to ask the showroom fellas on CMH road. Its right next to them but inside a lane so not easily spottable.

My personal recommendation to deal with this guy.
Old 14th June 2006, 17:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Machismo. I love bullets, but the only thing that scares me is the problems that accompany them . I have a bullet in my mind for my next purchase, but will have to convince my wife about my idea.

Well, as the saying goes, "If it aint broken, why fix it?". This is true in bullet's case because if you try to fix something, something else gives up. My advice is, unless you really need to fix something in a bullet, dont do it.

All said and done, it is a wonderful bike to have.

I will check with some of my colleagues who own bullets and will let you know the best bullet mechanic at Bangalore. Stay tuned....
Old 14th June 2006, 17:25   #6
BHPian

There is a bullet service station near to 1st block HRBR layout, Kalyana nagar banaswadi. I have seen lots of bullets being serviced.. Try that also
Old 14th June 2006, 19:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
one more guy call joe and the best ronchinoy he is expensive but the work he does is no one can touch ur bullet..
I don't think Joe services bullets (assuming you're talking about joe near cantonment station). And ronchinoy certainly doesn't "service" any bikes. Period. And I don't think he's worked on bullets to date.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:59   #8
BHPian

[SIZE=2]You must try Anand as someone else earlier said. He is one of the best there is for servicing enfields. He used to own an enfield dealer ship earlier( dont think he does now). Take the 2nd left after the shantisagar hotel(when coming from Chinmaya mission towards ulsoor) and you can find his workshop.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 15th June 2006, 14:08   #9
c10
BHPian

Hi, Anand on CMH Road is the best...My ThunderBird is being maintained by him since past 3 1/2 years...Cost wise, he is moderate...but all that matters is the Work..and he is best on Enfields...
Old 28th October 2006, 18:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Help!!! Need A Good Bullet Mechanic In Mumbai

Hello All,

Need some serious help from you guys, i have a 1984 bullet and i need some major repairs done on the same, my earlier mechanic (who i thought was a really good mechanic and a better person actually was fooling me all the time, infact i think all the new parts that i got for him he has kept with himself and not put the new parts, the guys name is SHAFIK and his auto garage is in Andheri (W) 4 bunglows.)

Need help form u guys as in can u suggest a decent mechanic who WONT FOOL ME and do the work in and around ANDHERI. . .

Worried. . .:(
ac 427
Old 29th October 2006, 12:58   #11

best would be to take it to the authorized service center, I recently bought a 1984 bullet and my mechanic also did the same to me, instead of risking it again, i went the safer route and took it to the authorized service center, now it works pretty well !
Old 20th January 2007, 14:52   #12
BHPian

Need a Bullet Mechanic in Hyderabad

I have shifted to Hyderabad and need a good Mechanic to repair my !976 Bullet 350 (Cam gear/Rotors) probably from the sound and not fiddle with anything else. I need someone trustworthy and experienced, pls reply
Old 20th January 2007, 19:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

check with xbhp guys
Old 20th January 2007, 23:47   #14
BHPian

sorry, i dont get u, wht do u mean by xbh guys, whr do i find them?
Old 25th May 2007, 09:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Somewhere I have read about Nandn in Hebbal and Munner bhai in Shivaji Nagar.
has anyone had any service experiance with them! how are they! their contact numbers!!
Thanks.

Most Viewed