Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2014, 18:55   #61
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post
Hey guys, ill probably be landing a 390 next week, so im pretty chuffed right now. I went to the Begumpet dealer yesterday, took a test ride, spoke to them about bikes etc etc. The accessories though blew my mind (price wise). For instance :

KTM Fuel lid sticker - Rs.2000
KTM Knee pads - Rs.5350
36 l storage box, underseat plate and all - Rs.18000
Foot pump - Rs.6000

My eyes bleed

That's quite a bit isn't it! And the folks at KTM acknowledged that the add on wind deflector doesn't do a thing & advised me to go with one from a Yamaha Fazer.

On a side note we got to start and rev the SX-F 350 since the friend i went with knows the showroom manager. The bike is MENTAL. I actually jumped outta my skin when it started up. The noise is nothing like I expected, it's have, bassy, baritone & just pissed off. This bike will eat anything up in it's way. I believe it produces 65 bhp & is probably lighter than a 390. Should be quite a handful!

Ill be back once i take delivery. Happy riding & stay safe!

The prices indeed are frightening. A friend bought the fuel lid sticker and tank pad. We were gasping for breath after he told us the price for the first time!

On a side note, we get proper riding gears viz knee guards, pants, motorcycle luggage systems in Hyderabad itself. Don't see much sense in these overpriced products.

Congrats on the new bike!
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 19:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
The prices indeed are frightening. A friend bought the fuel lid sticker and tank pad. We were gasping for breath after he told us the price for the first time!

On a side note, we get proper riding gears viz knee guards, pants, motorcycle luggage systems in Hyderabad itself. Don't see much sense in these overpriced products.

Congrats on the new bike!
Exactly, brother! Wonder what they think with those prices & all. To their credit, the showroom folks dint exactly seem too keen on showing off the accessories. Am sure they know exactly what we think

Thank you , ride safe !
Old 7th February 2014, 06:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi

How much should I expect to pay for a pair of standard handguards from KTM? The powerparts ones (orange) are listed for an insane 5800.

Any good alternatives I can find in Bangalore? How much should I budget? Where can I buy them?
Old 7th February 2014, 12:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Hi

How much should I expect to pay for a pair of standard handguards from KTM? The powerparts ones (orange) are listed for an insane 5800.

Any good alternatives I can find in Bangalore? How much should I budget? Where can I buy them?
If you are ok to pay 3K, I would suggest this from planetdsg. It has an aluminum core which will definitely add to protection.
samschenker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

You mean the stock 390 guards? It sells for around 600 bucks IIRC.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 13:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
You mean the stock 390 guards? It sells for around 600 bucks IIRC.
That is reasonable. Where would I find it?
Old 7th February 2014, 13:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is reasonable. Where would I find it?
It is easily available in the ASCs. I am going to Mekhri circle KTM tomorow. Will enquire and let you know regarding the availability.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

From 6k Isle of Man, the price list for JC Moto kit.

Fork sliders - 2100
Engine Crash Bobbins - 7250
Swing Arm Spool - 1600
Bar Ends - 1400

It is significantly more expensive than buying from JC Moto direct.

JC Moto is selling the full kit for 9000 with free shipping. Crash bobbin is 6000.

My question: any review of JC moto crash bobbins? Are they any good? Good quality? I know Iqbal has them on.
Old 21st February 2014, 12:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Saw this made-for-Duke windscreen .

Dont know if any body imports these into India but seem perfect from a fit & price point of view.

THese too seem to be manufactured by MRA, BTW.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 18:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this made-for-Duke windscreen .

Dont know if any body imports these into India but seem perfect from a fit & price point of view.

THese too seem to be manufactured by MRA, BTW.
These are imported and sold in India by the following dealer:

Mr. Vikas Malhotra
JV PROMOTO
Mob: 09619866133
Email: info@jvpromoto.com

P.S. I'm in no way associated with them. Just happen to have their contact details
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 11:03   #71
BHPian

Been wanting to add a windscreen to the 390 for a long time now. Saw some other threads on adding a cbr250 or fazer windscreen. The only other option was the MRA windscreen but JVPromoto charges upwards of 7000 for the basic one which is way too much considering if you park your bike in a public area someone can scratch it completely. Therefore I decided to take the DIY route.

Since I wanted something wider than normal I decided to go with the Avenger windcreen and was even lucky to land one on OLX for 500 bucks!! The avenger windcreen is quite long so I had to cut off the bottom half (fortunately a carpenter was doing some work in my building and he was kind enough to let me use the cutter). I then put the top half against the headlight and marked and cut out the shape of the headlight (this is not easy because of the curve on the headlamp). Tried to file down the cut edge as much as possible but it still remains quite sharp!!

Post this it was pretty smooth sailing as I marked and drilled the holes (5MM drill bit) for the screws to go through (although as a warning to anyone trying this it is at a steep angle again due to the curved nature of the headlight). I decided to add my license plate into the drilled holes itself.

Im quite happy with the way it looks so far even though it might be a bit wide for some people. Im 5'10" and weigh 105 so I need as much coverage as I can. Crouching behind the windshield is not an option for me!! Still need to try it on a long ride to establish whether it keeps up with speeds over 120 as thats where the duke really needs the windshield anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-20141114_091848.jpg  

KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-20141114_091858.jpg  

bik1906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 18:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

This question might have been asked before, so apologies beforehand.

I have just acquired a KTM 390 here in Hyderabad. I read through the thread and saw the various saddle bags and claw bags available on viaterra.in

However I want to explore options on how to carry luggage without sacrificing the pillion seat. Also wanted to if there is too much change in riding dynamics with a rear overhang / cantilever luggage attachment?. Does the front become too light?

Would love to hear some opinions on this.
Old 1st December 2014, 22:17   #73
BHPian

The best option without sacrificing the pillion is the viaterra velox. i own one of these and can vouch for them. If you are willing to combine it with a decent tank bag then its more than enough for 3-4 days at a stretch if you are a person whos not fussy about packing by compression.

I also own a claw but just yesterday the strap fell off the velcro (despite being fixed to it properly) and then got caught and burnt on the chain guard. I am therefore not a happy camper as this has also happened to a friend of mine and I laughed at that time but fate came full circle so I think its something Viaterra should address since it can possibly be dangerous. The problem with the claw is that once you loop it through the d-ring there is a long overhang so Ive found its better to tie it in a knot above the d-ring rather than use the velcro.
Also I guess both my friend and I have been using the claw for a long time so maybe its just that the velcro needs replacing anyway due to age.

Having said all this I must say that if the claw is fixed you barely know that it is there (I've sometimes had to reach down to reassure myself that its still on). Its also great in terms of space but I wish it were compartmentalized on the inside rather than one big space.
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:

My question: any review of JC moto crash bobbins? Are they any good? Good quality? I know Iqbal has them on.
I have installed the Jc moto crash protection set ,I was researching for a good set for sometime ,r&g ,Evotech etc are significantly more expensive than JC moto .
Shumi of overdrive had vouched for the Jc moto and that sealed the deal for me .
I think they are great ,and looks great on the bike as well ,ordered it directly from JC .
Attached Thumbnails
KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-dsc_0004.jpg  

KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-dsc_0005.jpg  

KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-dsc_0006.jpg  

KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread-dsc_0007.jpg  

slalom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 13:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Got a paddock stand made by GA Engineering. I have yet to try it out. Initial impressions with regard to quality of the stand, is excellent. Set me back Rs. 2600 shipped. Will post pics over the weekend.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed